prog4all

Posted Image

Artist: Reverse

Title: Reverse EP

Label: Iono Music

Date: 01-05-2012

Style: Progressive Trance

Tracklist:

1. Klopfgeister - Good Bye Goa (Reverse Remix)

2. Progenitor - Soundreflex (Reverse Remix)

3. Reverse - End Of Line (Time In Motion Remix)

4. Reverse - End Of Line (Loopstep Remix)

I stumbled upon this EP after hearing some good remixes from Reverse. Seeing some familiar names on the tracklist, I was extra curious to see what these tracks would bring.

The first one is a great opener. I like the original Good Bye Goa from Klopfsgeister as well but this remix seems more powerful and full to me. Good piece of work.

Next is Reverse's take on Soundreflex. He made the original as well, since he's half of the Progenitor project. It's a solid and dreamy track at the same time, especially almost at the end of the track where he let's you drift of one last time. I think this would work at home, just as well as playing it on the dance floor. I have to say halfway the song I was lost in the music. Before I knew the song ended. So you can say it did the job.

The last 2 tracks are remixes coming from Time In Motion and Loopstep, for the End Of Line track. I enjoyed a lot of there albums and EP's so I expected some good music and I have to say they gave me exactly what I was looking for.

Time In Motion is first, carrying on with the hypnotic vibes that I was getting from the first two tracks. It's as steady as can be and everything seems perfectly balanced out. Loopstep's version is slightly more slick and tight if you will. Both remixes took me on a very relaxing ride. Two different takes, but both of them have a great drive. I couldn't choose a favorite.

If you like most of the other Iono sounds, I have a feeling you will be just in your element with this EP. It's the kind of progressive you can't go wrong with, hypnotic and more on the deeper side of things. Great stuff!

Links:

http://www.beatport....erse-e-p/899974