"V/A - Dimensional Gateway III"

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Dimensional Gateway III

Label: Neogoa

Date: December, 2012

1. PharaOm - Space Outpost Titan V [142 BPM] (07:40)

2. Trinodia - 7th Ace [139 BPM] (09:02)

3. Screw Loose - So Much To See [145 BPM] (08:10)

4. Astrancer - Fenomena [146 BPM] (09:41)

5. Decadent Sympozium - Lux Invictus [144 BPM] (08:20)

6. Nova Fractal - Redemption [146 BPM] (10:08)

7. Lunar Dawn - Future Of Mankind (Waiting The Dark Years) [147 BPM] (09:22)

8. BlackStarrFinale - Sagittarius A* [145 BPM] (10:59)

9. Menkalian & GoaHuman - Spirit Of Life [120 BPM] (06:34)

Creator of the Neogoa label (and now Graviton Records head) Ivan Richpa presents the third installment of the phenomenally successful Dimensional Gateway series. Not only did he compile all the tracks (which I can only assume meant going door to door with the requisite begging and threatening) but he's also responsible for the impressive artwork. A gateway should be ornate, impressive...making you feel like you are about to enter something substantial.

Posted Image

To what dimension does this lead? Richard Gere's hamster could not be reached for comment.

Gateway drug?

Posted Image

I don't think so...unless it's a gateway to laughter and a bag of Doritos. 2. 2 bags of Doritos. And some funions. Crackers. Ritz crackers with some cream cheese. And do you still have those pork rinds?

"I tell you B...why doesn't he get some help? Why? I'm tired of tip-toeing around this, he has to know he sounds like this. It's been over 70 years and I still can't understand a f*cking thing Donald says!"

So here we go on the journey through the 3rd and presumably final gateway with the usual cast of characters as well as a couple of fresh faces.

Space Outpost Titan V- I don't like it. I'm sorry I don't. Oswald Pfeiffer recently released his debut Tesseract (for free) and I found it to be a great album, but this sounds nothing like it. The problem I have with it is that it relies too heavily on samples. In fact it sounds as if the track was built around them instead of using them as an enhancement. It also doesn't help that the samples themselves are quite cheesy. But one thing I did like was that he experimented with a different style. While I might not like it, I definitely respect it.

7th Ace- Daniel Eldström is no stranger to the scene having released Human History (also for free) and Stargazing on Ovnimoon Records. This one is a combination of spiritual goa meets outer space goa. Twirling melodies as you would expect, but when that 303 growls to the surface I take notice like teenager at a Hooters. You can tell he is a storyteller as his break is vast and the launching pad for more snakey leads and a nice full climax. And I think that a nice full climax is something we can all agree on.

So Much Too See- "This is one corner...of one country on one continent on one planet that's a corner of a galaxy that is a corner of a universe that is forever growing, shrinking, creating, destroying, never remaining the same for a single milisecond and there is so much, so much to see."

Posted Image

Yeah...take it all in. So. Much. To. See.

Proof that the Balkans not only dominate progressive trance they have goa trance square in their sights and Sasa Dukic lays a rumbly goa smack down on you. That 303 bounces like it's dancing on a hot stove and did you check the way he slid that sample in there without giving you a chance to catch your breath? It catches you up without strangling you with melody, but you don't have to ponder whether it's goa as he layers nicely. Great track.

Fenomena- Like a lot of you Bruno first came to my attention with the Dzog Chen track on the Pyramidal Trancendence comp back in 2006 and it's been high expectations ever since. I mean how do you top that? Well he didn't do it here, but he nonetheless made a ok track. It has power, but not much evolution. Even with that shortcoming it still sounded full and very spacey to my ears.

Lux Invictus- Here is the first of the fresh faces with a very shiny and shimmery lead melody line. It's another track that smacks you right in the beginning without many twists and turns, but it's still good. Methinks Ivan may have stumbled upon a gem here. It will be interesting to hear more stuff from this project.

Redemption- we all have all done things that we weren't proud of or maybe wish we could've done better.

Posted Image

"Ok, so you missed the question on the contents of a twinkie, I dunno I thought you were gonna nail that one, but, but let's move forward. All you gotta do is get clear of this last test and we win the million dollars. You can do it, redeem yourself. That's it, wait for it wait for it...Oh c'mon!! Damnit, you had this!"

More Croatian dominance as Renato Brnić delivers another long goa tale. The beginning and break resembles Filteria's Filtertraces and he has a great Shawshank sample with Morgan Freeman speaking about...you guessed it redemption. That guy's voice is legendary. I'd be riveted listening to him read the terms of my mortgage. Besides Morgan's awesomeness it's a goa track that doesn't sound like a goa track. Sure the elements are there, but none of the cliche stuff that some are sick of hearing. Great track.

Future Of Mankind (Waiting The Dark Years)- Lunar Dawn owns the Chuck Norris of tracks on this compilation. Overtly aggressive with searing leads and 1970's power. I really don't know what that last part means.

Posted Image

"B*tch, don't touch Chuck Norris's steering wheel!"

With a nice calm before the storm intro you can tell right away this isn't your daddy's buddhist monk goa trance. He layers sounds like my kid stacks leggos. Which reminds me: When Chuck Norris steps on leggos, leggos cry. The pace is brisk with only short breaks and it travels like a tsunami adding to it's destruction total. One if my favorites surely!

Sagittarius A- Luis Pabon seems to believe that you have nothing better to do with your time because he offers an 11 minute track. AND YOU WILL LISTEN TO IT! It's got lasers in it. You like lasers. And that lead that sounds like the one in Blade when they walked into the "club" and the showers came on. Only it wasn't water. Oh no it was blood. That's how you do a vampire movie Twilight b*tches. Powerrrrrr. Sorry about that I was leaning on the r.

Spirit of Life- And to close things out we get some fresh blood here with a downtempo-ish type track. I like that it's not a true downtempo track. After the previous tracks that would be like going through the windshield at 65 miles an hour. I think that's like 476 kilometers for the Euros. But you might want to check my math. The sound of this one is more melancholy and Lord of the Rings than Event Horizon if you get my meaning. Still nicely drifting and a great way to close it out.

So there you have it. Ivan has done it again with the 3 volume of this series. Plenty of goa with a heavy dose of psychedelia to see you through. As with the previous albums this one is also free and I think will be available December 1st. Congratulations to him and all the artists that continue to make this series something to look forward to.

Coming Very. Very. Very. Soon.

Mdk

Awesome review, hahahahah, I laugh out loud every time I read Mike's reviews... And yeah, I'm eagerly waiting for the release, have been waiting all this time :) Previews sound really promising ;)

where do you pull them off man hahahahaha... i LOL.-ed myself over and over hahahah... best reviews, every single time... chuck norris track hahahah, you really laughed my other part of project, Sasha :lol::P

5hrs of patiently waiting for the download to complete (only 2G available here) I'm completely satisfied with this album. Totally kicks ass!!

i cant say how much i appreciate this kind of patience - i can correspond this to my waiting for the radio shows in 90s with my double deck locked on :)

probably the same feeling :ph34r:

i cant say how much i appreciate this kind of patience - i can correspond this to my waiting for the radio shows in 90s with my double deck locked on :)

probably the same feeling :ph34r:

Thanks :) yes, it was indeed a sweet reward at the end. I'm new to psynews, if u r one of the artists on the VA, as brain freeze said above,big thanks to u and the rest of the guys for the release. Cheers!!

Thanks :) yes, it was indeed a sweet reward at the end. I'm new to psynews, if u r one of the artists on the VA, as brain freeze said above,big thanks to u and the rest of the guys for the release. Cheers!!

Lunar Dawn, nice to meet you :wub:

[...] the one in Blade [...]

lol, actually, I'm glad someone paid attention.

Really enjoying Nova Fractal's, Lunar Dawn's and Trinodia's so far, even though haven't had time to listen to the whole release yet believe it or not.

VA - Dimensional Gateway III - (2012)

A decent goatrance or should I say Negoa (bah) trance release.

I like the first tracks. They are a good built up with a humble drive,

spirals, 303's etc not moving to fast, relaxing and waiting for more.

The baseline of the second is imo the most interesting, not being

influenced by today's fullon pattern but created as we know it from

goatrance dated in the 90's. Further on the release is pure melody.

Giant waves, synths over and over. It doesn't stop. It's gets stronger

and harder by the minute in baselines and melody and ends in pure euphoria...

"Future of mankind" has got a psycho end climax which I adore.

I like the space atmosphere in track 8. One of my favorites.

Like mentioned above, strange that this is free cause it would be

money well spent if not. The production quality is ok but could be

a bit more professional to my ears. Sometimes It sounds a tiny tiny bit

cheap but that doesn't bother me. The melodies are often one huge layer

and that's it. Direct satisfaction which will do it's work on the dance floor

but for home listening I prefer a little bit more detail... Then again

lot's of goatrance has this element so I don't mean it in a negative way.

Loved it, thanx for the gift :)

Discogs: (not added yet)

• 7 years later...

Just discovered this one. The Astrancer track Fenomena is amazing! Easily among his best tracks right up there with Dzog Chen and Namaskara Mudra. I'm sure he has more tracks of this caliber, it's just that they aren't available on spotify etc. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...