Progressive 2011/2012 (no fullon, melody, house...)

Sideffect...

I still can't find my way in progressive released in 2011/2012,

Am I missing something?

I'm not looking for mindwave, lyctum, sideform fullon minded progressive...

But more the beginning of progressive reefer decree (sound frames 2001), Auricalar (audion), Beat Bizarre (lewd), Atmos (headcleaner)

less melodic, no house influences...

Is that totally gone (not represented)?

thanx...

you might want to have a look at http://www.panzarproduktionz.com/

they have a lot of free stuff. most of it not as professional sounding as the artists you mentioned, but it's neither housy, nor fullonny, nor melody-driven, but mostly like the early 00s progressive with a heavy pounding kick.

(moment is pretty good imho)

@ Mars:

Barby is great. It was not entirely what I'm looking for but you are 100% right considering the atmosphere.

It's cool how the guy changes his baselines from dark tinted, to progressive and a bit fullon.

Very variated and a good level off psychedelic. I would love to hear more of this.

Thanx for the recommend...

@ Anoebis

The first Meller was a bit dull to my experience, I'll hope this new one will create more to my ears...

Edit: I've listened to it and I'm still having the same problem. The atmosphere is so repetitive.

The guy has talent. He has it all but in one way or another he can't express it or how should I put it.

His latest album starts good at track 7 which is pretty late imo. Track 8 has some nice tribal

influences and that repetitive atmosphere is all gone. The track you posted is not on his new album

but probably released on a compilation. He is good in creating a good track but an entire album not imo...

@ Padmapani:

thanx for the link. I prefer full albums instead of EP's cause I like a story and an EP is pretty short.

still thanx off course :)

I've opened this topic, maybe some more luck

http://forum.isratra...sive-2011-2012/

I'll wider the parameters, just all progressive from 2011/2012 is good...

Albums and compilations... I'll make up my mind :)

haha that narrows it down a lot. :lol:

Check out Solar Spectrum & Omsphere - The Earthlings EP. More psychedelic so to say, than what you hear nowdays.

What do you think of the Blue Tunes type of style? Some acts are house influenced but not all, but some are a bit offbeat. It's certainly not full on influenced. If you can appreciate this kind, check out Osher, Yotopia, Nyquist, Kopel. They produced some good stuff over the last 2 years.

You seem like the type of guy that can appreciate the Iono sounds also and if i'm not mistaken you recommended me some Iono artists as well. So in that case I can strongly suggest you check out the albums: Carrots & Stick vol 2, Progressive Classics vol 1, Forensic Science. There's really a bit of everything on there, but not a lot of house influences on there and not always a lot of full on either.

Ritmo and E-Clip have released a lot of good stuff. It might be a little heavy, but check out E-Clip'sTroublemaker EP and Press Hold EP.

Also: Loopstep - Optimus Fault, Optiloop - Destination Unknown are some nice EP's. Motion Drive also has some great tracks. Check out his album 'Recycled'. A great album got released just recently; Christiania Selection vol 2. He has a good track on there, together with a lot of other nice ones. Also give Christiania Selection vol 1 a listen.

Egorythmia - Remixes 2011 has some pretty good tracks. You might like Infinity - Control Group.

Check out: Liftshift - Full Cycle EP. Some of the tracks are a little towards full on. But it's definitely something different, especially Full Cycle track.

Time In Motion's Four Degrees EP and there album Energy are good stuff.

Have a look at Naes - Behind the Shadows EP. A little bit deeper type of progressive trance, but still very lively.

A little towards full-on, but solid and full of energy. Check out Sphera & Yotopia - Focal Point EP.

Do you care for any more melodic orientated stuff? Perhaps you just don't like most of it. You never know, check out Zyce, Ovnimoon, Vertex, Protonica - Form Follows Function, Flegma & Nerso - Sensei EP, Future Nature 2, Eternal Symphony (Tesseract Studio). Give Unseen Dimensions - Airglow EP a listen. Really good stuff.

Maybe Aho - Ancient Tribes is something for you, definitly not typical stuff nowadays. It's from the full on project Ital, he's got a real psychedelic aspect in his music, also in this.

Another compilation is Progressive Love from 2012, contains some good tracks.

You might like Synesthetic - Irrational (more on the deeper side of things) and Into The Vibe EP also.

I don't know if you ever gave the clear offbeat sounds a try, like Symphonix and such. If you can appreciate, check out the newst releases of Spin Twist Records.

I don't know if all of this is exactly your type of stuff, but it's diverse and the best progressive that i listened to over the last 2 years. In my opinion 2011 was a golden year for progressive and 2012 wasn't bad at all either. So this was a nice job, I probably mist out on some good stuff though, but that's what happens if you listen to a lot of music. Hope you like some of it! :)

Atmos (headcleaner)

Guess who is back with a new album ? its called 604 :D this guy is the don of progressive music .. nobody does it better than Atmos.. im getting a good feeling about this ;)

Guess who is back with a new album ? its called 604 :D this guy is the don of progressive music .. nobody does it better than Atmos.. im getting a good feeling about this ;)

+1. A really nice surprise, I loved when an album is just released without being announce for 2 years already.......... long live Atmos!!!

I was hoping for a post from you prog4all :D

thanx mate, you made my weekend ;)

haha glad to hear! :)

I know it doesn't match the original description at all, but Vertical Mode have released some awesome EP's. And there only active since 2011 or so with this project. Check: Lazer Shot EP, Push It down EP.

Some more good compilations from these years: Free Frequency, Goa Beach Vol 17, Royal Flush Vol 4, Groove Attack, Sunday Vol 2, Party Pack, Goa Year 2011 Vol 2, Goa Vol 40, Extrasensory Perception 3.

Also Zyce & Flegma - 8 Cell is a nice album.

Egorythmia - Most Wanted EP

Ritmo - Phrase A

Check: Reverse - Reverse EP.

Yotopia - Master Key

Something pretty psychedelic and more darker also, is Sonic Wave Control - Sixth Sense.

Ander there's just so much more. :P

The new Atmos album sounds great at first listen - I didn't care for his last effort "Tour de Trance" - but this one sounds much better - some proper psychedelic progressive, though quite melodic and uplifting - very dynamic sounding.. I don't think anything can top "Headcleaner" but this album here is very fresh sounding - glad to hear he didn't move further into commercial/mainstream sounding music - I was worried he was gonna go that route bigtime when I heard "Tour de Trance"..

Beat Bizarre just released a new album also - "Mukharv" - only heard this once also but WOW, superb music - definitely check this out - this is slow paced (maybe 130bpm), hypnotic, heavy psychedelic progressive - long builds, some great melodies, trippy/funky/dark vibe - Beat Bizarre are masters in this genre and this may be their best album - and there's 12 tracks, 11 of which are over 9 minutes long - this is a serious journey of an album.. Sounds really lush and unique - will have to hear it more but this may be my fav album of 2012.

Anyhow, I'm stoked - new Atmos and new Beat Bizarre at just about the same time - what a way to end 2012 for progressive!

The new Beat Bizarre is good, very good,

I have some trouble appreciating it as it should be, probably because I've listened to much to progressive lately (new atmos, new shiva chandra etc...)

But this one is certainly a new asset to today's progressive.

Well done!

• 1 month later...