Formula 1

Starkraver

u remember 1988?

Was I (we) so young?

Yes I do, a bit, my dad was a big fan and watched all the time so as a kid I was sitting next to him.

I couldn't follow like an adult off course :D (didn't understand shit) , but he explained once and while.

Then again it's no rocket science...

So I have some memories, when Senna died that was huge, but that was later in 1994.

Those memories are clearer.

senna was like no other, his passion and commitment to formula 1 and every little detail associated, was amazing, he could and still can't can be matched in the wet, his first victory with lotus at esotril, resulted in him lapping almost everyone in the wet.

he was a shy man, and was often not understood, he had a heart of gold helping so many kids in brazil, but when that helmet was put on, it was on!

and he took risks and drove his cars further than what any technician could comprehend, his focus, technical knowledge and dedication, was unbelievable, anyone who loves formula one and wants to see, how a race car should be driven, you tube his races, only gilles villeneuve could do what senna could, but with very little success for an average ferrari team, subsequently they both were taken in the same way.

in 1988 senna and prost massacred everyone winning 15 out of 16 races, and graced sennas first championship, with traction control, and computer engineering, some say it wasn't a fair season, mclaren were streaks ahead of anyone at that time and the season was a 2 horse race, but prost and sennas rivalry was unbelievable.

i believe, that his death resulted in car failure, but senna had that williams on the edge, but that day, he was rattled, roland ratzenburger was killed, and rubens got injured i think, and they called for the race to be called off but they didn't, senna didn't want to drive, but with big business had to anyway.

there hasn't been a death in formula 1 since then, as it all changed once he was gone, it got alot safer and the senna foundation helped that happen chaired by alain prost (they didn't hate eachother as much as people thought)

williams were on the brink of a huge comeback when he died, and if he had of lived would have gone on to win at least another 2 championships (i think another 4) without a doubt being the greatest that ever lived.

of course a young german at that time was making huge waves you might of heard of him?

and i believe it would have been prost and senna all over again, but as team rivalrys, and we missed out on what would have been the most fiercest racing and rivalry ever,

but michaels victorys for bennaton as well as damon hills and villeneuves, were sennas, and he was taken way to early.

formula 1 died for me in 1994 along with the greatest most passionate racer that has ever graced this planet

yeah well, what can you say?

people could argue schumacher was better? - he was very technical and focused, but senna always had the edge

prost? - good driver, but not as consistent, and had alot of luck go his way - didn't deserve 4 world champs

lauda, mansell, andretti, fangio, rosberg the list goes on, they all extremley good drivers, but didn't have the package

senna was king in the wet, for pole position, could win in crap cars/underpeforming, could pass in parts where it shouldn't be possible, had the balls to do so (sometimes when he shouldn't have, japan 89 i think)

he was the perfect driver, u put any driver in the comp now up against someone like that, no show, only schumacher of recent years could keep up! imo of course.

yeah well, what can you say?

people could argue schumacher was better? - he was very technical and focused, but senna always had the edge

prost? - good driver, but not as consistent, and had alot of luck go his way - didn't deserve 4 world champs

lauda, mansell, andretti, fangio, rosberg the list goes on, they all extremley good drivers, but didn't have the package

senna was king in the wet, for pole position, could win in crap cars/underpeforming, could pass in parts where it shouldn't be possible, had the balls to do so (sometimes when he shouldn't have, japan 89 i think)

he was the perfect driver, u put any driver in the comp now up against someone like that, no show, only schumacher of recent years could keep up! imo of course.

Totally agree with u, I've had endless debates with my brother defending senna. I don't know why they think Schumacher is the best ever, it's not just about the stats, is it. Some people will never understand that. Keke rosberb was the "DUDE" of F1 :D haven't seen much of his racing thou, only a couple of races. Nico is good but he is diff from his father, let's see how good he gets.

Totally agree with u, I've had endless debates with my brother defending senna. I don't know why they think Schumacher is the best ever, it's not just about the stats, is it. Some people will never understand that. Keke rosberb was the "DUDE" of F1 :D haven't seen much of his racing thou, only a couple of races. Nico is good but he is diff from his father, let's see how good he gets.

defnite!

he got a long way to go, keke was good, but was represented by the times also, that williams he was driving was ahead of most, but you could pass back then, and he did his fare share!

schumacher! don't get me started, senna would have pissed all over him in that 95 and 96 williams!

• 1 month later...

McLaren revealed MP4-28, looks similar to last years car.. Gorgeous IMO. Button says its the best they've ever built.. *Interesting* .

A few days ago Lotus Renault was revealed looks ugly with thousand sponsors. Kimi is also confident abt championship. :o wait the BULL u weenies!! :D our champ doesn't talk bullshit, he delivers :)

• 3 years later...

:D I love that he is so cool about all the shit and also so down to earth.

Ferrari right now has the most entertaining drivers' lineup on the grid :D

What a sad race weekend , last one. :/ hope this one I'll be better.

Once again, boooooo Hamilton :lol:

#ForzaFerrari

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I was following F1 was when M. Schumacher lost his 7th consecutive title, against Alonso I think, he was SOOO close but couldn't overtake him in the end. My favourite period of the sport is the end of 90s. I was like 8-9, watching Häkkinen kick everyone's asses.

was good, but he got nothing on prost, senna, and my favorite gilles villeneuve.. go onto you tube and have a look at senna

in the wet... now that is racing

• 4 weeks later...

What you guys think of the recent incidents involving Max.?

Oh, Max is a very talented young lad but dangerous state of mind. At the end the only thing that means in F1 is that the driver gains admiration of the audience and other drivers by behaving respectfully. Many ppl have said Verstappen might cause a big crash if he continues like this.

Watching the Monza second rehearsals atm :)

Anything but a Merc please :/

It's pointless to stare at the TV for 2 hours these days. I would rather watch the battle for the lower places between Force India & Williams.

Why do I have a feeling that Ferrari are gonna fuck it up this weekend.