If I like...

KozmikTentacles

wow, that's a pretty hard question !!!!! cause what you mentioned is like the top of their genres. you want something similar? nearly impossible i believe, cause everything would sound like somehow copied (like shulman, entheogenic...). you want something else, but organic, melodic, psychedelic? hmmm, maybe try Capsula for psychedelic downtempo, try Massive Attack for intelligent trippy ambience (although i think you already know them), try Zubzub for psychedelic and funky uptempo (band of former Ozrics bass player Zia Geelani) or try Tool if you're into progressive rock

wow, that's a pretty hard question !!!!! cause what you mentioned is like the top of their genres. you want something similar? nearly impossible i believe, cause everything would sound like somehow copied (like shulman, entheogenic...). you want something else, but organic, melodic, psychedelic? hmmm, maybe try Capsula for psychedelic downtempo, try Massive Attack for intelligent trippy ambience (although i think you already know them), try Zubzub for psychedelic and funky uptempo (band of former Ozrics bass player Zia Geelani) or try Tool if you're into progressive rock

I do like Tool. I'm just tired of anything metal at the moment. I know ZubZub, but I hardly remember what his music sounded like. I may just try the other you've mentioned. I have a Massive Attack CD lying around here that I havn't even listened to, so that's probably a good start. Thanks man!

maybe future sound of london/amorphous androgonous, because you like metal/rock stuff nice blend, hawkwind, mogwai

close to home maybe these

younger brother

banco de gaia

portishead

orbital

kruder and dorfmeister

definatley the orb

uni from japan, have a nice blend of psy/live percussion

kumba mela

http://www.discogs.c...s/master/171797

dub trees

http://www.discogs.c...r/release/31695

Usually I don't recommend this kind of stuff on electronic music-based forums, but theese guys deserves attention of people who appriciate quality ambient music. Yes, I'm talking about Syven and Nest. It's hard to describe exact genre, but I would say they're doing some sort of traditional Finnland ambient music alongside with neo-folk influences. If you like Ishq/Ultimae stuff, this might work for you, if you're interested in discovering similar atmospheres in other 'genres' aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzX5omzzGX4

Try Celtic Cross - Hicksville, quite an underrated Posford lead psybient record.

The Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences

Solar Quest - Orgship (astounding ambient by the hard acid ledgend)

Probably anything by Eat Static (an offshoot of Ozric Tentacles), my favourite tracks are : The Brain, Lost In Time, Gulf Breeze (Zetan Mix), and they can all be found on the Lost In Time EP (which I thankfully have on vinyl)

The two Mystery of The Yeti albums are highly renound recordings of the best and deepest in psychedelic ambient, nice Posford tracks on there.

I really need to keep recommend this to people who like shpongle, and psychedelic downtempo/dub in general: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/globular-a-self-fulfilling-prophecy

It's a free release but really high quality music. You will definitely dig this!

Maybe try Padmasana -- as a recommmendation for something similar to Ishq...

Also: I second the recommendation of Banco De Gaia.

some more:

future sound of london - lifeforms

leftfield - leftism

hidden orchestra - night walks

I would appreciate psy-trance recommendations based on my likes, as well...

phew, well, there is not so much psytrance out there, but the first albums which come to my mind (besides zubzubs - primate which i recommend to every psyhead) are

cosma - nonstop

subconsciousmind - intermezzo extended (free!)

klangstrahler projekt - im rausch der sinne