How to delete an account here ?

Guest E-Mantra

The topic was pretty out of control. Simply removing the offensive posts wouldn't have stopped people from commenting on the material that used to be there, and if we'd warned anyone we would have had to warn loads of people. At least I assume that's what was going through the mind of whoever removed the thread (it wasn't me).

hmm, so why not delete individual posts, warn posters or sth like that - the topic out of control ??

The topic was pretty out of control. Simply removing the offensive posts wouldn't have stopped people from commenting on the material that used to be there, and if we'd warned anyone we would have had to warn loads of people. At least I assume that's what was going through the mind of whoever removed the thread (it wasn't me).

I killed that thread. At first I did just remove offending content, but the OP defending and trying to justify his opinion and posts was working others into a fury. I thought it prudent to shut the thing down before it grew into something even more nasty. I don't think Psynews should be a place where that kind of content is acceptable. However, the admin & mod teams can always overrule me.

We should have a thread about hot, legally aged, girls. For instance what if everyone posts a few pics of some famous models of the country he is from?

and not allowing any stupid talk that could turn the thread again into smth unpleasant to read.

We should have a thread about hot, legally aged, girls. For instance what if everyone posts a few pics of some famous models of the country he is from?

and not allowing any stupid talk that could turn the thread again into smth unpleasant to read.

Smth like Mia Franic? :D:lol:

I agree, only if I can post picts of hot, legally aged hunks.

• 2 months later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

Following the encouragements I gave to Amithaba Buddha and to one of Cronomi's owners yesterday, "some people" found nothing else than to hack my pc this afternoon. I now better understand the meaning of Dj Inada's sentence: "I think we all know eachother good enough to know where this is going to end"... Please, administrator, delete my account there and thanks for your positive energy!

Following the encouragements I gave to Amithaba Buddha and to one of Cronomi's owners yesterday, "some people" found nothing else than to hack my pc this afternoon. I now better understand the meaning of Dj Inada's sentence: "I think we all know eachother good enough to know where this is going to end"... Please, administrator, delete my account there and thanks for your positive energy!

Is that really necessary? Do you even know for a fact that the hack was related to goings on at Psynews?

Guest Cosmogenesis

I don't believe in coincidences anymore. I tried to help a friend and owner of a well-known label by the past and received 22 vicious trojans attacks the same day. His psynews account got hacked as well, so this forum is not about security. And it's not like the end of the world for me if I can't post anymore there.

None of my business, but how is it possible to get infected by trojans by visiting a site? AFAIK, this happens in two circunstances: 1) one gives free remote access to his computer or 2) one downloads and opens infected files.

Or am I being naive, and one can get infected by visiting sites?

One can certainly get infected by visiting a site if that site contains malicious code and one's browser and OS are sufficiently stupid. I doubt that's what Cosmogenesis meant by "hack my pc" though, since that probably wouldn't be something that targeted a specific computer. I have no idea what he did mean or how it's possible, but then I'm no expert.

@Cosmogenesis: this board contains no malicious code. Even if it did, it's not posssible to target someone specifically.

Spam filters by Microsoft (I see you're using hotmail) do work well.

Of I were you I would take a step back and try to analyze this with a cold blood. If you want some help...

I don't think the poster wanted to signal that the sites here are infected themselves, to me it rather seems like he would want to say that people reading these sites here took his opinion not to their liking and began to get active against that person themselves.

And that's something we can not know. We neither know what precisely was going on, in this case where a "hack" is mentioned. Neither do we know who it was or what other processes play a role in this. In the end, it might even have been totally unrelated to the forum or any activity here.

After such acts, I can only understand the reaction.

But try not to become paranoid and blame things that might be either unrelated or where there's no point in changing them anyway. The forum here is such a case. Not only are your posts archived (even though you are now filed under "guest"), but the archiving websites out there still know everything about you here as a member. The net doesn't forget. If I were you, I'd just let it continue, maybe separate the channels that connect the profile here to your PC/system/data etc, but still let it stay, even when it means you can only post from internet cafés...

I don't think the poster wanted to signal that the sites here are infected themselves

Right be he mentions accounts being hacked whereas what he refers to actually happened on Discogs. Just aiming at correctness here.

In the past this site has been compromised, but I don't think with the new software it has been recently.

Yes in 2005 or 2007, that's called "ages ago" in Internet terms.

Trogans usually come in phishing emails with links or attachments.

Precisely, they are triggered from the inside, that's why they are called like that. Maybe we're talking about something else. Anyway.

What is going on? This seems never ending. So much negativity. First E-mantra & Richpa. Now Suntrip-moontrip. But how does Dj Inada & cosmogenesis come into picture. @rotwang-u need to come up with some powerful Indian god theme for psynews to get some strong +ve vibes.

One word - KIDS...

Allright, few more sentences about recent kiddy - boohoos that have started to appear here for a recent while:

Wow, again drama on Psynews, but not as fun the way it was "back in the days"...

All I see now, is few members whining about things that nobody gives shit about and then blaiming others for they own over-tuned "sensitivity" sensors or lack of ones common sense...

Really, how hard is to get a grip and handle your own forum related problems like adult and not a teenager?
Srsly, thats so ghey, all this bitching and not thinking with cool mind as to what has happened etc?

Guts, anyone heard of them or are you kids even living in this dimension?

Oh, yeah, I forgot, this is SPIRITUAL forum and were not all from the same dimensions or planets :D...

Allright then, lets keep on crying, bitching and blame others for all the problems in the world, not yourself!

• 4 weeks later...