UX - Ultimate Experience Reloaded

Trance2MoveU

PPhKWiF.jpg

Artist: UX
Title: Ultimate Experience Reloaded
Label: KissTheSound Records
Date: September, 2012

01 - Reloaded (Part 1 Reloaded) (144 BPM)
02 - Life Support Technology (Reloaded) (146 BPM)
03 - Chameleon (Reloaded) (146 BPM)
04 - Mind Over Gravity (Reloaded) (142 BPM)
05 - Alien Earth Activity (Reloaded) (120 BPM)
06 - Pure Intellect (Reloaded) (146 BPM)
07 - Dominion (Reloaded) (144 BPM)
08 - Space Puppy (Mix II feat. Syb Unity Nettwerk Reloaded) (148 BPM)
09 - Millennium Generation (Reloaded) (144 BPM)
10 - Master Of The Universe (Epic Mix Reloaded) (146 BPM)
11 - Chrysalis (Reloaded) (97 BPM)
12 - Dominion (Digital Frontier Live Remix Reloaded) (144 BPM)
13 - Children Of The Night (feat. Jan Rechberger) (145 BPM)
14 - Reloaded (Part 2 Reloaded) (146 BPM)

"The future is one world...one thought...one mind."

I used to be into comic books

KEBi0ZH.gif

"Worst. Reviewer. Ever."

Bet you don't say that to my face. Girl look at this body...I work out.

Sure today it's cool with all the graphic novels and movies but that is a recent development. If you're into it now you're dark and mysterious. Not sad and lonely with a snacking problem. Hell these days everyone and their grandmother plays video games. It wasn't too long ago this was your champion.

WM0HqVu.gif

Not so funny when it hits close to home is it Poindexter?

What's the point? Keep your shirt on Nancy I'll get there. This is Krys Kylven and if you are on this forum then you probably already know who he is. The beautiful mind behind some of the most twisted and dark goa trance ever made. If goa trance was a penis (I don't like where this is going) then it was at it's hardest in 1997. That was when the original Ultimate Experience was released assuming its rightful position next to the other greats of the genre. So what has Kris done to top it? How about remastered versions as well as some unreleased tracks? But wait...there's more.

It's free.

chvL3Qs.gif

I know right? For those of us who missed the outer space carnival ride that was goa trance in the mid nineties and all the vets screaming for a remaster it's Christmas come early. 14 tracks including an intro and an outro as well as previously unreleased versions. If I could ask Kris a question, I guess it would be this.

Did it hurt?

MFkBNSW.gif

Did it hurt being ripped away from your family only to be probed by your alien abductors only to be inseminated with their musical ability? Because normal humans can't make music like this. If this album was a superhero it would have the bludgeoning power of Thor's hammer and the uncontrollable rage of the big green guy combined with the intelligence of Mr. Fantastic and the alien quality of the Silver Surfer. I realize my inner nerd has become my outer nerd, but what music!

We've all heard the classics many times, but never have they sounded so crisp. Driving and screaming it felt like you were in my living room. I could hear every nuance and contributing layer heightening the experience. There is just change after change making each track so lush and vivid. And it's one pumping futuristic cyber beat down after another. There is a reason this is a classic and with this fresh coat of paint its brilliance takes on an even brighter shine. Alien at its core with effects crawling in between dark melodies it's like listening to new tracks.

Speaking of new or unreleased tracks (outside of the very ambient Matrix-esque intro and outro) say hello to Space Puppy II with Syb Unity Nettwerk (yeah still him) as it shreds meninges and fits perfectly on this album. Millenium Generation produced from an old DAT tape is more electronic chaos that maintains the sci-fi feel with eerie melodies and metallic textures. The Epic Mix of Master of the Universe is fine, but I prefer the original. Dominion ( Digital Frontier Live Remix Reloaded) is another mix I have never heard and I don't know if it is recent or one of the tracks they had lying around. Regardless it is another punishing addition to this man's legacy with its heavy industrial leanings. The final extra is a track called Children of the Night feat. Jan Rechberger who is the drummer of a metal band Amorphis. It's less goa and more industrial psytrance that makes me think of FLA or Front 242.

That's a lot of praise heaped upon an album. It's worth it and then some as this is one of the most original works in the genre. Powerful, atmospheric, and melodic it doesn't get old. The fact that he offered this for free is a true gift to anybody who hasn't heard it. Is there anything that would take away from this outstanding work? There are some who argued that the cover is a mess (and I would've preferred the original), but with content that is this superlative you could've put a pile of dogsh*t on the front and it wouldn't deter me in the slightest.

No brainer. Get this. Now.

Ektoplazm

Mdk

Ultimate Experience is one of my favorite albums of all time and the fact that they redid the mastering, chucked in some extra unreleased tracks and then gave it away for free is just amazing. Eternal respect to Kris Kylven!

As much as I love the music, I can't get past the fact that they've missed the opportunity to fix the only flaw this album has - there's still a very huge difference in volume between 2-4, 7-8 and 5,6 with those in the middle being much louder. The problem is I usually listen to albums start to finish, and when I set this one loud, when tracks 5,6 come it's simply painful to the ears! I know I can adjust the volume on the fly, but I shouldn't be forced to do this and re-release is a perfect opportunity to fix this.

But still, if you don't have the original releases, then it's a no-brainer - get this one immediately! Despite the above issue, which I admit can be very personal, this remains one of the best old-school releases, with unmistakable twisted style, awesome basslines and melody work, great energy and psychedelic-ness factor only matched by the likes of Koxbox.

Still 5/5 :)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...