Dimension 5 / Chi-A.D. ‎– Blue Moon UK Sampler - 2012

Sideffect...

Dimension 5 / Chi-A.D. ‎– Blue Moon UK Sampler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dimension 5 – Transformation (Original Unreleased Version)

Dimension 5 – Beyond The Stars (Original Unreleased Version)

Dimension 5 – Limitless Dimension (Original Unreleased Version)

Chi-A.D. – Celestial

Chi-A.D. – Biocandy

Dimension 5 – Glow (Original Unreleased Version)

http://www.discogs.c...r/master/450514

Well for starters, this is great. I applause the fact that artist maintain their older tracks, masterpieces,

so It can be bought on an original disc again. It keeps the music alive and kicking.

All track need no introduction at all but then again they do.

Let starts:

The difference between Transdimensional released in 1997 and second phaze released in 2001 has always been that in Transdimensional

Dimsenion 5 used fat layers, huge spirals, larger waves and a melodic strength that still many goatrance lovers adore.

Second phaze released in 2001 was more humble in it's spirals and melodies and provided a certain subtle atmosphere.

I always preferred 'second phaze' but I've noticed that's rare. But taste is taste.

The first two tracks are both released on 'second phaze' and are both great tracks.

What you can expect from the orginal version is the same pattern of melodies as in second phaze but

with the concept of Transdimensional. And indeed those tracks are quite different then the original ones.

Or is it the other way around (probably it is). Great that Dimension 5 or who? decided to release those tracks

in a good remastered version. Just perfect! (btw I'm a huge Dimension 5 fan just in case)

The third track isn't different as the one that we already have seen on different compilations.

Limitless Dimension is one of my favorite goa tracks and imo the pure essence of goatrance.

A nice story, good variations, crystal clear moments. But you've heard this track already,

I don't know why they call it "the original version" cause it's like you should expect something

different like the first two tracks but that's not the case. But I don't mind. The remastering is fine

but not necessary. Limitless Dimension was good mastered back when it was released and it still is.

The same goes for Celestial and Bio candy from Chi-ad. Both tracks that have been played

a thousand times in the morning on goatrance parties with one reason. They are good.

Don't expect something different then the tracks you used to know. They are the same,

again the mastering off course.

Glow is probably the biggest gain on this release cause it's rare to find,

it's a remastered version of this Vinyl released in 1997

http://www.discogs.c...release/2444397

and I'm glad I'm having it. Good one, nice track, almost a birthday present for dimension 5 fans.

Conclusion:

Tracks Transformation (Original Unreleased Version), Beyond The Stars (Original Unreleased Version), Glow (Original Unreleased Version) are the reason why to purchase this release.

Cause like I mentioned I never had the feeling tracks like biocandy, Limitless Dimension needed remastering.

But hey, it's good they are back on the market on a fair price instead of being ripped off on e-bay...

I think I'll still prefer the 'second phaze" version of 'transformation' and 'beyond the stars' but that doesn't mean

the original version are damn good tracks.

There are more Dimension 5 rare tracks so keep it coming!

Good work, great initiative, I love it...

• 8 months later...

a1496680364_2.jpg

Artist: Dimension 5 / Chi-A.D.

Title: Blue Moon UK Sampler

Label: Altar Records

Date: June, 2012

1. Dimension 5 – Transformation (Original Unreleased Version)
2. Dimension 5 – Beyond The Stars (Original Unreleased Version)
3. Dimension 5 – Limitless Dimension (Original Unreleased Version)
4. Chi-A.D. – Celestial
5. Chi-A.D. – Biocandy
6. Dimension 5 – Glow (Original Unreleased Version)

Mother pus bucket everything old is new again!

That seems to be the hotness on the streets these days. We're all enamored with the possibility of discovering a gem that was forgotten and locked away on DAT from the masters of goa trance. Something that was left in grandma's attic or found on an old hard drive. Transdimensional, arguably one of the greatest releases in goa trance history was given the remaster treatment and we ate it up like chocolate caramel covered crack. Draeke at DAT Records continues his personal mission to re-release every intensely sought after old school album as well as digging up those lost tracks we crave. Now labels like Zion604 are throwing even more old school variety at us. It's good to be a fan of the old right about now.

Koen (RIP) told you everything you need to know about these tracks so I'll just add a thank you to all those who worked so hard to bring this hypnotizing art back to light. And this is no doubt art with spiraling melodies that take you farther into space than any rocket ever could. We've all heard these tracks and I'd venture a guess that you at least have them on your computer. I do. Some have said they already have these tracks on other albums or compilations. Why are you charging me full album price for 2-3 tracks I might not have?

Good for you. I don't have them. I missed the golden era so when the opportunity comes along to snag some awesome old school goa trance with fresh mastering and actually have the physical copy in my hand...I'm happy for some label to take my money.

And Altar did.

Altar Records

Mdk

• 6 years later...

This right here, is probably the best goa trance currently available on spotify. And I’m speaking about the Dimension 5 tracks. Not that the Chi-AD tracks on here are bad, they are just a bonus.

Truly mind-transposing stuff. My brain went to a 5th dimension :D

The clarity in the details, and the euphoric layers are truly remarkable. 

This is like a lost art form. Hopefully one day, something equally mesmerizing will be created.

I am surprised no one commented that Transformation (Original Unreleased Version) is a different version of the track Phoenix (so I guess Phoenix is the remix of this track), while the track called Transformation (remix) in the album Second Phaze is a totally different track. Looks like the label or the artists themselves got the tracks mixed up, which is very strange. .

On 2/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, Manuser said:

I am surprised no one commented that Transformation (Original Unreleased Version) is a different version of the track Phoenix (so I guess Phoenix is the remix of this track), while the track called Transformation (remix) in the album Second Phaze is a totally different track. Looks like the label or the artists themselves got the tracks mixed up, which is very strange. .

Interesting, I'm gonna listen now to Phoenix and Transformation (Original Unreleased Version), and see if I hear any similarities.