Psychedelic DnB

hey all... I'm like totially big into the psy scene like holding partys and everything. but reciently I have listened to some DnB that I really like... so does anybody out there know some artists that have combined psy and DnB? I remember a long time ago when I had an album by such an artist my favorite track had rainbow in the title but shit I cna't remember

I hope one of you can

X.

Guest Indica Couchlock

I'm not too familiar with DnB but one track that I heard really made me think, "psychedelic DnB"

roni size - watching windows

from the pi soundtrack.

Guest Dr. Krelm

I played around with this style for awhile. There really isn't a lot of it around, but here is what I was diggin' on at the time....

Acid Rockers - Mindset CD (about half d&B)

Deviant Electronics - Blunt Instruments CD (had 3 d&b tracks)

Eat Static - Science of the Gods (2 or 3 d&b tracks that were farking amazing)

Exotic Matter - Astral Attache CD (sick Ozzie weirdness)

Sibilant - Proper Filth CD (2 or 3 tracks....might be difficult to find)

Freakstyle comp on Blue Room

I think there were also a couple random tracks from Digitalis and Synchro on b-sides of their singles, but I forget the names.

There might have also been a track here or there on the first couple Edgecore compilations (another Ozzie label), but I don't have the CDs with me right now to check.

ugh....I know there was more, but I can't remember all of it.

I played some of this style for a friend of mine was was a d&b producer at the time, and he recommended to check out Stakka & Skynet.

I think also some tech-step d&b got a tad psychedelic sounding, but I am by no means an expert on that.

Anyways, good luck!

Guest nanoc0de

check out: big bud-late night blues. disc 2 is quite psychedelic, deep and hypnotic dnb, one of the best albums i've ever heard. it's out on good looking records.

check out some stuff from squarepusher. Tracks "like do you know" and similar stuff is extremely sajkelIK and super goood. the drum programming, the sounds and the production is just amazing. Don't forget to checkout aphex twin... super freaky...

check out some stuff from squarepusher. Tracks like: do you know ,and similar stuff is extremely sajkelIK and super goood. the drum programming, the sounds and the production is just amazing. Don't forget to checkout aphex twin... super freaky...

Guest djcl.ear

other answer to the same ?, look at another thread posted by Shifting-objex from this same forum.

Check:

Psy Breaks? new shifting objex 16 09-30-03 15:45

• 17 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello All

I always liked psybreaks and wrote a number of reviews on Discogs about it. Most of it was a short-lived, primarily UK-based, sub-genre around 97-98 and here are the most significant releases in my limited and biased opinion:

Cwithe Illegal 

Somaton Future Memories

Digitalis Third State 

All Boundaries are Illusion compilation on 21-3 records

Deviant Electronics Brainwashing is Child's Play 

Tristan Space Sage (Process remix) 

Germinating Seeds of Doda Upside Din 

Metal Spark Corrosive

In other words, look out for the work of Andy Guthrie, Seb Taylor, Ciaran Walsh, Tristan, Shorn Rah. 

I feel quite strongly about this movement because if Goa had followed more syncopation, it might not have ended up in the straitjacket of 4/4 and one note bass that too often characterises psytrance. ~*~

I may wanna ask...

.. is there any Psychedelic LIQUID DnB?

I only know this:

...and the one I posted in the other thread, but it's from Framewerk aswell.

On 2/6/2022 at 11:20 PM, DoktorG said:

I always liked psybreaks and wrote a number of reviews on Discogs about it. Most of it was a short-lived, primarily UK-based, sub-genre around 97-98 and here are the most significant releases in my limited and biased opinion:

I feel quite strongly about this movement because if Goa had followed more syncopation, it might not have ended up in the straitjacket of 4/4 and one note bass that too often characterises psytrance. ~*~

Amen!!!

• Like 1