1 to 3 cd's a day for the next ? days!

technosomy

after going back through my collection lately, and picking random cd's that i don't remember or think "mmmm don't think that was very good" have realised how many good albums i havn't skipped over due to multiple purchases or impulse buys etc.

so i have decided the following

i will listen to 1 - 3 cd's (more if possible) every single day, but only once, never listening to the same cd twice.

and will list here each day the ones listened to, and any relevant thoughts or feelings stirred up by them.

so.............

day one

well might as well go back to where it first began, and where i'm at right now

total eclipse - violent relaxation (speaks for itself, one of the best ever!)

mindsphere - patience for heaven (god damn this is good, better listen to it again, oh f%#k! i can't, better get through the others)

just 2 for today i think (4 cd's though)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly my point, stuff gets lost in collection, or mis filed under somewhere else, i found alot in my metal section, when moving few weeks ago, which started the concept for this topic.

i am lucky in away, at work i am kind of the dj, so its my music everyone is subjected to, but i mix it up all the time and they all love it, but i can now start slipping whole albums in

I do that from time to time, but I haven't much free time to do it every day.

I would like it though since I hardly remember many of the cds I bought the last 4-5 years.

by the way, love your avatar dude

lovecraft fan by any chance?

i'm from new zealand remember, there is religion here, cthulu based!

space elves - terrestrial planet finder - still in top 2 of this year, so good

tribe - adelic - liquid - this was bought just for charlies trip worth the purchase just for that

artha - influencing dreams - what can i say a new school classic

freq - alloys - his first release, was still in new zealand when he made this, pretty good for debut

blowfish - puffed up - love this album, has great up and downbeat

uni - venus - japanese masters, one of their best

space tribe - sonic mandala - wow i had forgotten about this album, and listening to it all these years later, it's strong but def not my favorite, almost sounds abit dated, but won't ditch ollie as he still shares many crowns.

man with no name - moment of truth - like some tracks on this album, has always been a funny love hate relationship

va flying rhino essence re -evolution 1V - i love these albums and have a strong bond with them as my dad was dying of lung cancer when i bought it, great freestyle mix by james, and techy proggy mix by lucas, reminds me why i have the symbol on my arm!

i'm from new zealand remember, there is religion here, cthulu based!

You mean it has something to do with Sumerian myths & beliefs? :huh: What's this one?

I can't remember but somewhere before years i had read an association of Lavecraft's Necronomicon with Sumerian myths, Cthulu with Leviathan and Tiamat <_<. -_- Spooky fictional stuff..

todays installment

electric universe - cosmic experience - in a time of crappy full on (mainly) this just sprang out of nowhere and became i believe his best release!

shakta - silicon trip - instant classic and sebs best

va - pulse - what to say, this kick started a series of great comps, transwave, green nuns, doof prana, indoor, total eclipse instant classic with some great tracks

big weekend

totenism - etnica remixed 96 - 2006 - some good remixes here but nothing on the originals

black rhino - nothing to say, one of the best comps ever made!

haiti appeal project - very unique from alan parsons with shpongle and david gilmour right through to perfect stranger, 3 discs with unique artists with different sounds all brought together to offer there music to the people of haiti who lost 230000 people in a horrific tsunami

ubar tmar-ubarpedia - instant classic that only the japanese grandmaster can produce, from oldschool to new, awsome!

I used to listen to random tracks only, always the "hits" but stopped doing that,

and now listen to full releases as most as possible.

It's a task indeed but it has it's positive effect, more like an investment...

The problem between quotes is that goa isn't the only genre that I follow,

so I don't have the time or sometimes my ears can't follow (warm :unsure: )

Good call about Freq, they've created a new wind in progressive back then

showing that progressive could be full melodic and still be progressive.

I like their work.

The same goes for electric universe where fullon reached a height in 2004,

and the mass production was enormously their fullon kept a certain standard

of quality...

Shakta is an artist that I have checked many times but I'm always left

with that mediocre feeling at the end of an album.

Out of sight was totally different and new...

I used to listen to random tracks only, always the "hits" but stopped doing that,

and now listen to full releases as most as possible.

It's a task indeed but it has it's positive effect, more like an investment...

The problem between quotes is that goa isn't the only genre that I follow,

so I don't have the time or sometimes my ears can't follow (warm :unsure: )

Good call about Freq, they've created a new wind in progressive back then

showing that progressive could be full melodic and still be progressive.

I like their work.

The same goes for electric universe where fullon reached a height in 2004,

and the mass production was enormously their fullon kept a certain standard

of quality...

Shakta is an artist that I have checked many times but I'm always left

with that mediocre feeling at the end of an album.

Out of sight was totally different and new...

yeah, but, i thought out of sight sucked, buy was into alot of different stuff then, so maybe will give another listen (kind of the purpose of this thread)

otherwise silicon has always been my favorite,as well as the somaton album

mixed bag today with

va goa raume - classix almost every track, koxbox, pleiadians, eu, semsis, deviants, schuldty, spacetribe, holy crap has to be one of the best comps

alienapia - goapoclolipse - new school classic, one of the best of recent years, its dark, its daring, bit full on but in a good way its awsome

shaolin wooden men - hungry forest - well if you have never heard this, and you like crazy, ozzy madness, you like psy-harmonics (the oldest psy label still semi active) and you don't mind in your face no holds barred craziness, get it, but not for the weak, as all the way back in 1995 this is not what you would usually hear in this genre, mixed bag, stompers and zaniness you would only expect from psy- harmonics and the men

yeah, but, i thought out of sight sucked, buy was into alot of different stuff then, so maybe will give another listen (kind of the purpose of this thread)

otherwise silicon has always been my favorite,as well as the somaton album

Same happened to me, when 'out of sight' was released I wasn't into this type of trance either,

I wanted melody and power and that's not what they are providing,

I had the same problem with tristan,

Later on I started appreciating those albums different...

Same happened to me, when 'out of sight' was released I wasn't into this type of trance either,

I wanted melody and power and that's not what they are providing,

I had the same problem with tristan,

Later on I started appreciating those albums different...

tristan yeah, i remember stumbling across chemisphere and really digging it