Title: Spacelord Remixes

Label: Spin Twist Records

Date: 23-03-2010

Style: Progressive Trance

Tracklist:

1. Vaishiyas - Spacelord (Float Remix)

2. Vaishiyas - Spacelord (E-Clip Remix

3. Vaishiyas - Spacelord (Zyce Remix)

4. Vaishiyas - Spacelord (Flegma & Nerso Remix)

5. Vaishiyas - Spacelord (Ectima Remix)

6. Vaishiyas - Spacelord (Original Mix)

The original Spacelord is a nice one, not your typical progressive. It's very melodic from the start but a little later it develops in to a tight and solid track in a sort of smart way. Good job by Vaishiyas, this German producer set the standards high with the original and now it's time for the guys of TesseractStudio to show what they can do with it.

The first to remix is Float, making it very minimal. Now don't get me a wrong, I'm a fan of the more minimalistic music myself but at first this one seemed a little to calm. At the beginning it didn't do it for me, but I gave it a few more listens while concentrating on the song and it made me understand the track a little bit better. Not as energetic as the other stuff on this album but I love how Float left the melody alive and throws this in during the break. Not bad after all.

E-Clip is next with a heavy take on the original. Straight away he comes in with powerful bass lines and super effective touches, making this track an absolute killer. One of my favorite remixes without a doubt.

Zyce takes a whole different turn, giving things a bit of a tribal groove with the necessary percussion during the song. Still he's not forgetting to keep things very melodic and warm.

Now the Flegma & Nerso remix is my ultimate favorite track of this release. It's a perfect mix of melodic trance, straight forward progression and stomping beats. Things are made a bit more spacey, after all the original is called Spacelord. Everything about this track is very intelligent and the brake halfway the song really got me going. Perfect floater, just this track alone is almost worth getting the whole album!

Last but not least is the Ectima remix. It doesn't flow as smoothly and crispy as the other tracks and I must say I have heard better Ectima tracks and remixes. But never the less it's a fun little track in my opinion, with more of a darker feel to it.

The whole setting and the way E-Clip, Flegma & Nerso, Zyce and Ectima appear in this album, reminds me a lot of the Multistop Remixes album, by Ritmo and NOK. One by one they basically deliver the same quality as on the other remix album and they stayed extremely loyal to there style. Not saying these remixes look just like the Multistop remixes, but they did exactly what was expected of them. Great job!

Links:

http://www.beatport....-remixes/222986

http://www.spintwist.de/