OOOD - 'You Think You Are' [Vertigo Records VERTIGOCD28] - NEW ALBUM - Nov 23

Hi Psynews! It's been a while. How ya doin'?

So...

It's exciting times here at the Stooodio. Our 5th album (in 18 years!) is finally ready! Four years after 'Fourthought' I am inordinately pleased to announce that OOOD - 'You Think You Are' will be released on Vertigo Records as VERTIGOCD28 on November 23rd 2012.

Posted Image

Artist: OOOD

Title: You Think You Are

Label: Vertigo Records

Cat: VERTIGOCD28

Format: CD + Digital download (MP3/Wav)

Release date: November 23rd 2012

Mastered by: Colin Bennun

Cover artwork: 'Water Ant' by Steve Berrington

Distribution: Arabesque

Links:

OOOD www.oood.net

Vertigo Records: www.vertigo-records.com

Arabesque: http://www.arabesque...Itemid=99999999

Mastering: http://mastering.oood.net

Cover artwork: http://steversworth.deviantart.com/

Previews:

http://soundcloud.co...-think-you-are/

The CD pack will also come with this handy DJ slip for CD wallets, so you don't have to cut up the booklet:

Posted Image

Awsome! Great news, love the artwork and eager to hear the new OOOD sound!! All the best!

BTW English Pizza ahaha :).

Awsome! Great news, love the artwork and eager to hear the new OOOD sound!! All the best!

BTW English Pizza ahaha :).

Matteo started the track with us when he was in Bristol to play for Tribe of Frog. He had his laptop set up in my studio and when he went downstairs for a piss I changed his Facebook status to "English pizza is much better than the crap we get at home".

AHAHH That's awesome. But I have to strongly disagree with you about the almighty true Italian Pizza... but back to the music, I heard the samples, great stuff, they sound really promising, congrats once again

• 4 weeks later...

OOOD - You Think You Are - OUT NOW!

Vertigo Records VERTIGOCD028

---> CLICK HERE <---

to buy now direct from the label as CD or digital download!

So... after 4 years work it's finally on the shelves and available for download! We're really proud of this one, we think it contains some of our best work to date. Axis Mundi has written a great blurb for it... it's sales-speak of course but he really did like it:

If you listen to psytrance, there's a very good chance that OOOD has become a well-known name to you. The UK group has been making music for nearly two decades and toured extensively across the globe, ever defining and refining what has come to be a signature sound. Their newest album, "You Think You Are", represents a duality in their history. Simultaneously an edgier departure from, as well as an evolution of the sonic trends which have made them so desirable and famous amongst trance connoisseurs, OOOD's latest collection of electronic dance confections is a treat that remodels and redefines a unique brand of funky sound filled with acoustic clarity and meticulous attention to production detail and quality.

From start to finish, this ten-track album (featuring collaborations with famous producers Ott and Loopus in Fabula and remixes involving Sonic Species and Spanish newcomer Forufreezer) immerses the listener in an array of crisp soundscapes permeated by rich, heavy basslines, percussive minutiae, and melodies and rhythm arrangements designed to tickle you from your synapses to the soles of your feet. These frequencies have a pleasantly visceral quality that seems to jump out of the speakers and each track feels like a distinct and coherent chapter of a longer musical saga. From the breaksy "Happiness" to the tension-wringing "Shpiral", from the pulsating "The King And Eye" to the etheral headiness of "Dum Dum", OOOD have broken and twisted the standard definitions and tropes of trance music in all the right ways.

All things considered, OOOD's "You Think You Are" is easily one of the most innovative, enthusiastic, professionally-made works to hit the trance scene in 2012, and has all the makings of a genre-redefining album. Having been following this group since my induction into this music, I've always held higher-than-normal expectations for OOOD's musical output and this album has delivered and exceeded those expectations and then some. There's something that everyone can dig on within these tracks, and amongst the ever-widening ocean of music this decade, "You Think You Are" stands out as a beacon of quality and achievement.

Also available from Amazon, Psyshop and Beatspace
You Think You Are: Amazon.co.uk: Music
OOOD: You Think You Are (CD) - Vertigo Records - Psyshop
OOOD: You Think You Are - Vertigo Records - Beatspace

Don't forget we're also giving away a track for free download as WAV, MP3 or any other format you might want! Check here for details:
www.soundcloud.com/oood/oood-oddball-uptempo-rerub

Colin I love your mastering I would love to have you master everything and anything goa related ever. Please don't let me down. Cheers.

Just because of your immaculate mastering skills I have to check this out; out of pure appreciation. :P

I really appreciated the different styles offered in this one, a long ride indeed since Alive! A mature album full of psychedelic patterns, and the voice of Elvis, class!

Good work, promptly ordered and already enjoying it!

Colin I love your mastering I would love to have you master everything and anything goa related ever. Please don't let me down. Cheers.

Just because of your immaculate mastering skills I have to check this out; out of pure appreciation. :P

So, no pressure then!