how big is ur (digital) music collection?

Guest neurogen

Guest neurogen

I can't, you wouldn't believe me, and it would be not wise to put it online, you never know...

I have never lost (or deleted) a single track/album/compilation/ep/discography in a format or crash since 1998...

I also never listen to original cd's. Once I have a new cd I rip it in flac and listen to it digital.

I have no actual cd player anymore, and it annoys me that there is a cd in my cd drive while I'm on my laptop or desktop. (especially on my laptop)

Digital loads faster and it's great to create playlist since I and I guess most of us only have one cd-drive, maybe two.

You can without any problems say how big it is. There is absolutely no evidence of any shadyness just by saying you have xxx Gbs of music :)

But I admire that you have not lost anything. I have lost everything 2 times over. :(

Just recently built it up again over the past few years.

This time I have it on external drive, backed up to second external drive. Will never loose it again.

Also planning on backing it up to a brand new external harddrive every 5 years or so :) So I can still enjoy it on my deathbed, and leave it to my eventual kids.

I see you have the Ace Ventura with Lish and Liquid Soul stuff in there, nice one! Any good prog house recommendations of the top of your head? Listening to a lot of tech house lately but don't have a lot of prog house, although I like this style.

Petar Dundov, Minilogue, Antix

You can without any problems say how big it is. There is absolutely no evidence of any shadyness just by saying you have xxx Gbs of music :)

But I admire that you have not lost anything. I have lost everything 2 times over. :(

Just recently built it up again over the past few years.

This time I have it on external drive, backed up to second external drive. Will never loose it again.

Also planning on backing it up to a brand new external harddrive every 5 years or so :) So I can still enjoy it on my deathbed, and leave it to my eventual kids.

would be terrible if i lost mine, but because i have all in original cd, will never have that prob

would be terrible if i lost mine, but because i have all in original cd, will never have that prob

considering cd are rotating elements, and all rotating elements fray through, it has to happen some day :unsure:

your grandchildren maybe ;)

maybe backing up isn't such a bad idea after all :) (or just the rare ones)

considering cd are rotating elements, and all rotating elements fray through, it has to happen some day :unsure:

your grandchildren maybe ;)

maybe backing up isn't such a bad idea after all :) (or just the rare ones)

yeah all the rare ones are backed up at least 3 times, agree about cd's as i have some of the first done, and have deteriorated over the years even with minimal handling

yeah all the rare ones are backed up at least 3 times, agree about cd's as i have some of the first done, and have deteriorated over the years even with minimal handling

Indeed I lost some fine cds many years ago, you know how it goes. In the week always very gentle with your cd's,

but in the weekend you come home and have an afterparty at your place with some friends.

And listening to some fine, rare tunes at that moment is the best thing you can do.

It's the perfect time for that. But being not that sober switching fast from one cd to another, and friends browsing also not that sober

through your cd collection with the result not only a hangover on monday but maybe a scratch, plastic broken (what is pretty ok), or beer spilled etc...

One thing I discovered before I downloaded is when I had a scratch and I tried to copy the disc and even the copied disc the scratch is noticeable.

Put your disc in a plastic bag. In the freezer for 48hours. The scratch get filled for some hours with ice (I guess) and you can make a perfect copy again :)

Sometimes creativity is needed to survive :D

Those problems are all in the past but I still remember them :)

117GB, but that's misleading because most of my CD's exist in both WAV and MP3 format on my drive. WAV for listening from the computer and MP3 for the iPod. And some of it is my own.

Some of it is stuff I've had for a while and don't listen to anymore. I also have CD's and records that aren't on my hard drive.

• 1 month later...