• Painful Stories (11:02)
  • Mindrama (9:56)
  • We Have A Dream (7:48)
  • Wasted Years (8:53)
  • Operation Side (10:37)
  • To Infinity (9:32)
  • Inner Cyclone (11:14)
  • Fusion (7:33)

Unique experience. Yes, that happened to me few years ago when I discovered and heard for the first time Inner Cyclone (debut Mindsphere album which was released in 2007 by Metapsychic Records for free). It was a delightful journey into energetic and fastpaced Goa trance music filled with great melodies and striking rhythms, and now after few years and bunch of new releases, old Mindsphere still sounds very inimitable and beautiful.

Patience For Heaven is Ali Akgun’s (man behind Mindsphere project) second full lenght release and it was announced on Suntrip Records as double CD, first disc with brand new tracks and second one with new remastered version of Inner Cyclone tracks. When I saw that announcement I was so curious to see will combination Mindsphere + Suntrip deliver another legendary release? With Inner Cyclone, Mindsphere established high standard(s), will he succeed to outperform himself?

Play.

Play it again.

And again.

Holy sh**. When I say it’s best produced Goa trance album in last couple of years I’m not gonna lie you with that statement. Patience For Heaven is just made perfectly, without flaws, with intelligent melodic work, best described as spiritual and emotional. Atmosphere of this release is really deep and unlike the Inner Cyclone, PFH is more calmer and even trippy, you can follow easily all details in songs. When I listened to previews on Mindsphere soundcloud few months before release, I knew it will be different but when you check complete piece than you get a new level of experience, highly positive. There are no bad tracks, everything is at right place, with perfect track list/order. If I must pick favorite, than probably at this moment it will be Ornementation tune, but I’m sure some other track will grow on me after couple of more listenings. PFH #1 Disc – 10/10

Let’s see how Inner Cyclone sounds after Tim Schuldts mastering.

Play.

Better. Much better. Not saying that just to add one more praise to Tims work, I’m saying it because mastering on orginal release in 2007. was bad, too much agressive and indeed, it was great decission for Suntrip/Mindsphere to release Inner Cyclone with new mastering. I’m not gonna review this second disc, there is plenty reviews on Psynews already. You can’t go wrong with this album, it’s a masterpiece.

Conclusion – Probably best release in 2012 and one of the best Suntrips releases for sure. They already delivered great Crossing Mind album earlier this year and now this, you must appriciate their efforts for releasing high quality Goa trance music. Many people who are not that much into modern Goa trance told me that they dislike lack of production qualities in this genre and now I’ll be more than happy to ‘rub their noses’ with this release, because it’s produced perfectly, first disc is more releaxed than Inner Cyclone but also much deeper with superb melodic work and Inner Cyclone is, ummmm like a cyclone, fast, intense and highly psychedelic. If you’re looking for something like that, this might be perfect release for you. Congratulations Suntrip / Mindsphere, you made great album, 10 out of 10 stars from me.

Samples/Shop: http://www.suntripre...se/cat/SUNCD26/

Review by Richpa: http://richpa.tumblr...-heaven-suntrip

Guest neurogen

Richpa

So you really think this is better than for example Daze of our lives, and Back To Space?

wow. I really respect your views here on psynews, so I will grab this album right now.

So I am sitting here on a dark, stormy October night listening to Patience For Heaven for what seems to be the millionth time. It can't leave my ears like a parasite sucking on my brain and I get to wondering why something like this doesn't have more popularity. This isn't to say goa trance or Mindsphere are unpopular amongst people like us, but for those whose ears have never been graced by these sounds, what do they think about this album? So I place myself in the mind set of someone who has never really listened to goa trance before. I listen to the latest Muse album (garbage by the way) as a reference point to what people are more accustomed to.

In To Reality starts playing. I hear little electronic pieces of wrapping paper dancing around my ears, the melodies feel soft, warm, and inviting. It's all a little complex and somehow I find myself staring at my computer monitor paying close attention to a certain melody but then I quickly lose focus on it and my mind wanders. Then the soft, distant strings come in and there is a calmness to it all. It's hard to believe this is dance music when it doesn’t have any obvious hooks or grooves. The kick sounds synthy but not over the top, distorted or plastic like other electronic music, the fills are interesting. Overall Patience For Heaven sounds pretty nice.

It's not too extreme and certainly by comparison to a lot of other artists, there isn't an emphasis on purely psychedelic sounds. Instead Mindsphere has chosen to caress my ears, tickle my brain trying to follow its complex melodies, and provide me a nice, smooth, somewhat puzzling experience. Huge thanks to Ali for all the time and dedication to making this album really special. Thanks to Suntrip, Tim Schuldt, and all the usual suspects. Keep on suntripping. :)

Richpa

So you really think this is better than for example Daze of our lives, and Back To Space?

wow. I really respect your views here on psynews, so I will grab this album right now.

Actually I'm not doing some comparation there, especially because Filteria got his own style, even it's less intensitive on Daze Of Our Lives, but yeah, you know when you hear it it's Filteria. Artifact 303 delivered great album also, three tracks from Back To Space are one of my favorite tunes, but I find complete album less good than some other tracks that he relased on various compilations through years. Patience For Heaven can't be compared because it's less intense, it's much calmer and a lot more spiritual. If you're looking for something like that, than you might fell in love with this album, plus on CD2 you got some crazy Inner Cyclone Goa trance, so it's a win-win situation.

I received few extra copies of this album and in just one day I managed to sell them here in Croatia, so it speaks how much people are curious about new Mindsphere and I can tell you it was worthy all waiting.

I love this release,

I'm still waiting for my original copy to arrive,

but I already had a quick peak on an mp3 Vbr release provided on the internet cause I couldn't wait :D

I can't wait to listen to this masterpiece in perfect quality. The first CD is pure bliss.

An interesting debate will probably follow and indeed neurogen.

This is imo better then artifact 303 or filteria cause it has more depth.

there is more story and more variations in the sound.

This is not pure melody like innerspace but a goatrance concept.

It's has more value for home listening.

Not many artist provide that, so enjoy it :)

Again each it's own taste of course and everyone is entitled to his or hers opinion.

Your comparison between patience of heaven and Inner Cyclone is well put Richpa.

This will be probably the best release of 2012 in my playlist.

more to come :)

Mindsphere - Patience For Heaven (2012)

Posted Image

Patience For Heaven

Shape Of Imagination

World Is Yours

Cosmos Evolution

All Alone

Ornamentation

In To Reality

Spirits Of Devotion

Patience For Heaven

Circled

Inner Cyclone

Painful Stories

Mindrama

We Have A Dream

Wasted Years

Operation Side

To Infinity

Inner Cyclone

Fusion

Label: Suntrip Records – SUNCD26

Format: CD, Album & CD, Album, Remastered, Reissue

Released: 17 Oct 2012

Genre: Electronic

Style: Goa Trance

Links:

Suntrip (also listen to previews here) : http://www.suntripre...ase/cat/SUNCD26

Artist info by Last Fm : http://www.last.fm/music/Mindsphere

Discogs link (off course) : http://www.discogs.c...release/3964308

Review:

For starters Mindsphere has found a great goatrance formula. Not only does he or they know how to use their sounds in an atmospheric way

but built it in an euphorically melancholic way that shiffers my spine. I'm very extactic about this release so I'll try to keep it a bit at

the downside. Let's start with the first cd what is new for all of us, knowing that the second cd is a remastered version of their debut album released

in 2007. The most remarkable thing about the first cd is their melody. They use, should I call it a spiral? It has the pattern of a spiral but very thin and very detailed.

Although Mindsphere uses a lot of layers and many sounds, I don't know how, how he does it, but it's doesn't get overloaded at all.

It stays very humble in a melodic way and keeps it floating. The attention to detail is remarkable. Each second is thought trough, each sound is well put and the more variation the more pleasure.The release starts with a lower bpm track where Mindsphere introduces the sounds that he'll use to tell his story along the release. Every pattern you will hear, you shall ever heard before in one goatrance album/artist/ep but never combined together in one track as Mindsphere does. And that makes it imo so special. It looks like Mindsphere has it all (considering melodic goatrance off course). The in and outro's are taking cared of so no big surprises or explosions. Everything is very gentle. We have melancholic melodies that last like an entire track, sizzle up and down.

We have spirals squealing back creating that Oriental experience. We have long stretched waves that crunch and squeak in a harmonic way. Little goa birds flying all around us :) Mindsphere doesn't relies on one sound. He shift very fast to other directions to keep you going and does it in style. Like I said it before. It's like he combined all the positive melodic elements ever created in goatrance in one release. The undertone rises often what makes it emotional in a creative way. I'm very, but very fortunate about the baseline. A baseline that changes often, goes faster and slower as we know it. But it's totally not at front. And still it has it's strength. It's strong enough to keep you going don't worry . It's an entire harmony and symphony. I have never heard a release with so many melancholic melodies. Even the atmosphere is. It's a trip. From beginning to end he plays with melodies telling a story using the basic goatrance elements. Creating pauses to breathe, inhale and off you go.

This guy knows what he is doing big time!!

I know it all sounds a bit euphoric but then again it is euphoric music. It is what it is. I'm glad that after all this years an artist can still surprise me that much.

Then again maybe we should get scared and thinking this is it. We have reached the top, who knows :) (I don't think so)

When I listen to this release time flies by. A release never sounded that short still providing the normal amount of minutes.

That happens when you are having a good time ;)

Inner Cyclone is already reviewed and I'm not going to (use the search). Maybe later but one cd at the time is enough imo. The first cd is already worth it's money.

Then again, a short peak, why not :)

After listening to the second cd the re-mastering is well done. That's for sure. The first two tracks are still my favorites of that release.

The mode that Mindsphere announces those tracks, stops, announces again, and floats into trance is almost perfect. The choice of sounds is different. He uses more thick layers and it's less detailed compared to patience for heaven. But the melodies are great. I prefer the first release but in this part Mindsphere let's his creativity go pretty wild and you can expect a huge melodic journey. It's more madness compared to the first cd where harmony and gentle is the obvious.

The melodies go faster and are not aggressive but more aggressive again compared to the first cd.

Together it's goatrance that travels. And that imo, is what goatrance is all about.

Travelling through my mind and creating brain activity.

Well done Mindsphere, A great contribution to goatrance!

Posted Image

Artist: Mindsphere

Title: Patience For Heaven

Label: Suntrip

Date: October, 2012

1. Shape Of Imagination

2. World Is Yours

3. Cosmos Evolution

4. All Alone

5. Ornamentation

6. In To Reality

7. Spirits Of Devotion

8. Patience For Heaven

9. Circled

Inner Cyclone Remastered

10. Painful Stories

11. Mindrama

12. We Have A Dream

13. Wasted Years

14. Operation Side

15. To Infinity

16. Inner Cyclone

17. Fusion

"Suddenly I see the doors open. I have the keys."

What is patience?

Sitting at the dinner table waiting for your toddler to finish a dinner you knew he didn't like in the first place.

Posted Image

What? No, Kit-Kat is not a vegetable.

Watching that elderly lady who can barely see over the steering wheel begin to realize you can't make a left turn from the far right lane

Posted Image

It isn't a stereotype if it's true. This lady decided that today's episode of Murder She Wrote was not to be missed. And before you say she shoulda just recorded it on the DVR, may I remind you she just drove her car onto the roof of a house. Methinks the DVR might be a little too...ahem, astrophysicy for her.

Listening to your friend attempt to make his point about that thing he saw that was so ironic that you knew he was going for before he got dressed this morning.

Posted Image

"Yeah I get it, the car with flames...on fire. No no, it's great, I just don't think it's that...Oh cmon, get off the floor, you're embarrassing yourself.

This is Ali Akgun with his 2nd album. I have just recently attached the front door to my house he blew off with his release Inner Cyclone waaaay back in 2007. Yeah I know it was almost 6 years ago, whattya want I'm not handy with a screwdriver. Jesus was a carpenter, but do we even know if he was a good one? How many kitchen tables are falling over because he said, "Nah...I'm just gonna eyeball it."

Posted Image

"Connect slat B with foldout FG before attaching washer to bolt F....I hate you Ikea.

The fine folks at Suntrip who never seem to rest have really done it this time. At a time when releasing a CD in a niche market is a risky proposition at best they drop a double CD on you. The first CD as you know is new material from the Turkish Typhoon and the 2nd is an eagerly awaited remaster of Inner Cyclone.

Posted Image

One of the reasons I love goa trance so much is the varied amount of styles these artists create. Dark, spiritual, outer space...Sometimes all three. What we have here is a true talent, and I mean no disrespect to other artists. This is music for the horizon, a journey to that seemingly unreachable destination that you swear is just within your grasp. Every note, every chord and every sequence seemed to come together to help you arrive at that special place. Never rushed, but precisely on time. Ali alone knew where he was going to take this music and I suppose you could argue he had to exhibit the greatest patience of all. Patience For Heaven is a marvelous experience that is deeply spiritual and wonderfully atmospheric. Everyone who loves goa trance should enjoy the manner in which this tale unfolds because it enables you to be the pilot of your own vessel of imagination.

As others have correctly stated this epic masterpiece is loaded with sounds and layers, but never to the point of bursting. You've left solid ground long ago so step cautiously upon the billowy trail of clouds. It's a long way down. Intensely melodic with lush sound scapes that beckon you to become lost in the events of your own existence with this as the soundtrack. You'll wonder where the time went.

With regards to Inner Cyclone what can be said? When it first appeared on the scene (for free I might add) it was like finding a Picasso in Grandma's attic only to discover it was painted by your sister in third grade. The poor sound quality tarnished what was otherwise a superb effort. It can only be attributed to human error. Will if I get a treat like ice cream and then poor chocolate sauce on it that forms a delicious hard shell, my dessert has just ascended to the next level. And that's what happened here. Already potent with unanimous praise for its originality the mastering by Tim Schuldt catapulted Cyclone into the top echelon of goa trance releases in my opinion. What's even more remarkable is that while the album was released in 2007 most if not all the tracks were made long before that.

Congratulations to Ali for penning a modern day masterpiece, it really is spectacular. I would also like to thank Suntrip not just for this release but for all they have done. One day either due to market forces or fatigue and possibly lack of desire, they will no longer be the driving force behind goa trance. I hope that day never comes, but as in life all things must come to an end. Their body of work has resurrected an entire genre of music and enabled other labels to form and grow so that more of this glorious music can be shared. I believe this to be the pinnacle of Suntrip's catalogue and perhaps the greatest goa trance release of the modern era.

Suntrip Records

Psyshop

Beatspace

Saikosounds

Goastore

Mdk

I've listened to it again this weekend and patience for heaven is to good to be true,

there is only one downside to this release, what to play afterwards...

It's a dangerous release :D

It strikes me that the second album doesn't get the attention it deserves

in my playlist cause I seem to pick the first one always.

Time can change that and it's a luxury problem...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the lovely reviews... I also listen to this one A LOT even today... Which happens rarely with cds we just released... :) So yes, this is a beauty :) Anyway, because Ali was very happy with the feedback, here is a little present... The Mindsphere Rmx of Boris Blenn - Portamento! :) For download...

Grab it here

http://soundcloud.com/mindsphereproject/boris-blenn-portamento

• 2 weeks later...

Mindsphere: Patience For Heaven (Double Album)

Suntrip Records

Update - Patience for Heaven (CD 1) - February, 2016

SUNCD26_medium.jpg

Patience For Heaven (CD1)
1. Shape Of Imagination
2. World Is Yours
3. Cosmos Evolution
4. All Alone
5. Ornamentation
6. In To Reality
7. Spirits Of Devotion
8. Patience For Heaven
9. Circled

Inner Cyclone Re-Mastered (CD2)
1. Painful Stories
2. Mindrama
3. We Have A Dream
4. Wasted Years
5. Operation Side
6. To Infinity
7. Inner Cyclone
8. Fusion

This is a double Goatrance album; the first is Patience For Heaven. The second is a Re-Mastered version of the debut Inner Cyclone that i was so impressed with back when it released in 2007 that I started a review thread.

CD1

1. Shape Of Imagination begins with eastern-influence, ambient and atmosphere. There are many nice, crisp sounds and melodies braiding together along with a catchy fast paced "clicking" effect that enhances the song. I like the sounds selected, but I feel that more memorable arrangement and synth leads could be present. The first and second act sound fairly similar to me regardless that many nice sounds come and go. I'd love to feel more hooked by "something". I love being surprised and didn't find much that surprised here. Fortunately, the last act from 6:25 forward develops some very nice melody work. Prior to that, I was worried because my memory of the debut's opening was so fantastic. I can't help having expectations up considering how imaginative this artist is and his debut is. I'll chalk it up to this being a colorful albeit simple opening to wet the palate before the more imaginative numbers arrives. It's okay I suppose, fairly good but nice but nothing out of the ordinary. B-

2. World Is Yours is a tasty treat, like a sparkling rocket zipping across the universe. Unlike the first track which was nice but not very impressive, this has more attractive, articulative, and creatively composed synths and mixing. Add power (more dynamic structure/direction) and energy (movement, excitement). The ambient-esque interlude halfway through is very nice! The continued synth work returns and it's better than ever before. The song grabs my attention and gets catchier as it progresses!. Those complimentary, ambient notes are beautiful. There's some fantastic work present. The only thing holding it back (for me maybe) is that theres synth lead that gets stuck in my head, that lifts me even higher though the song is beautifully composed and involving. Key changes are added later along with other ingredient that adds variety to character, subtle sample fx, and more. This is a far more interesting and engaging track than the opening and the first to really grab and excite me on this follow up. Well done! A-

3. Cosmos Evolution begins with an intriguing, ambient-influenced opening that makes me feel as if we're among galaxies in space. The first third of the song builds nicely, though the approach is soft and I'm not yet hooked. I reach a point in the third minute when I'm hoping for change, something to add variety to the song. Fortunately, at around 3:48, a beautiful ambient segment arrives, bringing feeling and warmth, adding depth. Additional melodies soon arrive, more catchy. Some braid seamlessly as another less elegant, seems to bounce, literally, somewhat complimenting the harmony. The second third's elements make me feel more emotionally involved. Whereas the previous song was more energetic, elaborate, and dynamic, this is more harmonious, floating, and contemplative, with a gentle cosmic feel. Overall this is a very nice song with some very nice sound/melody work, primarily in the second half. I feel like the first act could have been shorter/tighter, and the last could have had another layer -- something to elevate the song further., but it's solid throughout, albeit softer than usual from Mindsphere B+

4. All Alone is another softer track. faster in nature and well supported with complimentary ambient notes. At this point, I want to encourage more risk-taking, unpredictable parts to tracks. As with the previous song, by the halfway point here, the song starts to sound a little repetitive to me. There is a brief transition at around 4:40, and something happens. Suddenly the track grows catchy, grabbing my attention (thankfully). New layers arrive. Everything suddenly feels more lively, interesting, involving, and varied. In producing traveling songs, I think the artist tends to drag out the first act (at times). The sixth minute forward is very melodic, engaging. I really like the ambient notes and how, the second half, the approach to the melody/sound work that helps to tell the story. I would have trimmed a minute off the beginning. Otherwise, the song rewards patience and as with the previous, builds up to one of my favorite tracks on the album. B+

5. Ornamentation is the first track I fell in love with. Jjust wait until you hear Patience for Heaven. I love the ascensional element and the melodies are beautiful. The song is like a beacon of radiating divine light, flowering mother Earth with photons of higher truth to increase awareness and thus decrease destructive, less conscious behavior (and influences) from destroying and attempting to control the planet and overall species. Numerous albums like Pleiadians' I.F.O. and Hallucinogen's Twisted (among others) pulled innovative gems off. Each was vastly different. I think it's rare and not always intended that an artist produces a super song. Maybe he heard this and new it would be loved. Maybe he wasn't sure due to experimentation, hearing it so many times in perfecting it. I don't know. But I will say that Ornamentation is fantastic. This is an instant classic and as often in Goa-trance, numbers this beautiful are not always discovered right away unless your debut was famous. Keep producing super songs though; if you build it, they will come. The ascending/descending sound throughout is beautifully utilized and imaginative. I would describe it as beautiful, heavenly, and divine. Sometimes I think the song could have benefited from an ascensional climax towards the end, but overall I'm satisfied. This is a beautiful song. A

6. In To Reality is another fluid number filled with crisp sounds and arresting melody work most noticeable in the second act. Again, the accents, or little tune enhancements and the ambient work well. The song changes up at around 5:30 and becomes more interesting. Those swirling sounds are so catchy. This is another great track. Ever since Track 5, I feel that the overall album has become more melodically interesting. The arrangement here develops and establishes a euphoric tune in the second act that arrests my attention. An Ambient/Goa interlude arrives with some very nice Egyptian(?) chimes before the last act. The last act though, while full of floating melody/sound work, doesn't provide me with the same captivating tunes that were present on the second act, and I feel like more could have been added to elevate the last act here, though what we have is very nice. B+

7. Spirits Of Devotion showcases some of the catchiest work by the artist yet. A chunk of that is in the first, second, and third act. You can hear a sample of what I'm talking about after the brief build up in the first two minutes. This sonic, quickly repeating tune ends up supporting a terrific part in the second act that is infectious and involving. Beautiful ambient notes arrive roughly halfway through and it suddenly arrives. This is such a good part, showcasing old and new-school elements combined. The result is a perfect match. I love it. That section eventually leaves and the song, to me, starts to dip a little in that nothing half as catch replaces it. It isn't long before similar sounds melt back into the song, new arrangement, and creativity. The last involves bouncing, dynamic goa tunes around a backdrop of ambient, coupled with that catchy/repeating tune from the first act. What would be ideal to me is if the fantastic segment returned with the bouncing goa tunes, with greater oomph, energy, and texture/excitement than ever before. Think To Infinity on the debut where the perfect part returned like a chorus. A missed opportunity maybe, but parts of this song sound so magical and nostalgic, capturing the golden era of goa. I can't complain too much since even the last act stands out. Great track! A-

8. Patience For Heaven is another wondrous, vibrationally raising song. This is yet another example how talented this artist is. Some of this album got a little too soft for me, but tracks like Ornamentation, Patients for Heaven, and Spirits of Devotion are like bursts of light energy around the other, healthy organic numbers that are more or less memorable. This song is so fluid, flowing, and harmonious. It moves with such ease and grace and its melodies are so lush and delectable. The part after 4:00 is wonderful. Finally a tune that I can recite for days. I feel like another layer could have complimented the main lead at around 5:30 forward. The song rides its winning horse nonetheless and stays pretty close to absolute perfection from start to finish. This is a vibrationally raising song. It's beautiful and one of the artist's best work to date. Well done! A

9. Circled is a very nice ambient-influenced down/mid-tempo closing. It's so strange. I did not like this song very much the first several times I heard it. Listening to this again in 2016 I REALLY like it. It;s a beautiful closing track and much more engaging than the closing one Circled IMO on the debut (which was/is nice too, being ambient). A-

BONUS TRACK is short, but not too short for me to say :wub:A

Favorite tracks: 2, 5, 7, 8, 9

A-

CD2

1. Painful story is a powerful, immersive, dynamic, infectious, and imaginative opening. If this doesn't excite you, I don't know what will because those adjectives are how I'd describe a super song on Pleiadians' I.F.O., as inventive and visionary (not as intergalactic but more chaotic in relation to the planet here). From varying tempos to wicked kick drum manipulations, and an infectious tornado effect that everything seems to bottle through, there appears no moment of the song that is not affected by greatness. The dynamic beat adds dimension to the song, changing up the feel and thus affecting the music and mood. The emphasis is dark, somewhat intense, provocative, a bit sad even. There's so much creativity. The artist passionately takes risks with monster results. The result: He succeeds doing things I've never heard in Goa before. I love the tornado sound as the music shifts across the debris and peril. I'm hooked by the differing speeds of the kick drum and how they affect my mood, the tunes, atmosphere, and confident (but I can't predict) direction. None of these would matter so much if they weren't so engaging. The re-mastered version is super and I'm sorry if my review appears more like praise. This is an outstanding track. Well done. A

2. Mindrama has good voice samples, tribal influences, and quiet moments around the beat. The melodies skip, manipulated to varying speeds. They're fun. The leads are nice but less than stellar The song's less epic, innovative, and dynamic than the opening. The ambient notes are great though, and the traveling, less intense approach works well. I especially enjoy from 7:50 forward, but by then the song's almost over. This is a good track, but not as exciting or as eventful as the first that set the bar pretty high. B

3. We have a dream is more driving, energetic than the last track. The tornado (album) is collecting more strength, debris, as it moves forward. The chill element in the second half is very catchy, unexpected breaks too. From 5:24 to around 6:40 is fantastic! The melody work, small clicking/echoed sounds, and ambient notes is great. The "clicking" details add definition to an already attractive, swirling, and intangible presence. This is a much stronger song than the previous number because the sounds and melodies here are more engaging, attractive. A-

4. Wasted years is less driving, more emotive than the previous song. The change up around 2:08 is sweet. This may be the more contemplative part of the tornado. This is less intense. The melody to harmonizes with an emotive ambient segment. In doing so, a strong melody at 3:12 enhances the ambient-influenced trance part until 4:54. The kick drum returns, igniting an ambient metamorphesis and back into the metaphysical, supernatural realm of Goatrance. The alteration in the main beat towards the end is great too. A-

5. Operation side incorporates ambient notes that work well with the melodies of the first half. The interlude of sorts at around 3:55 collects various streams of well orchestrated sounds, and pick up speed as the middle act approaches, becoming quicker, more aggressive. The details are great. The song evolves into a more developed, ascending character just before the seventh minute. These elements are creative and interesting. I love how this song develops as it moves forward; it's filled with beauty, changes of scenery, strong melodies, atmosphere, and complexity. Another well done song. B+

6. To infinity is excellent, one of the best songs I've heard all year, and in years. It's a rush, bursting with infectious sounds, contagious rhythms, atmosphere, and a gripping lead melody. The middle isn't as powerful, but still grips, fronting the fantastic last third's reprisal. Overall, this song appears to be the peek of the tornado, where all of its powers are at their strongest and most surreal. This song has edge, intensity, infectious. Fantastic song. A

7. Inner cyclone has a darker edge that works to its benefit. The aggressive sounds create an intensity at times that are more intense than most songs here. It's creative. Unfortunately there lacks a gripping lead, something that the previous song had. Towards the last third, a powerful melody arrives around the high pitched melodies. The infectious band of sounds is interesting. Fortunately, the song becomes quite strong as it progresses, especially in the last third that's great. B+

8. Fusion is an ambient piece. The end of the journey is slow. Maybe to represent the death of this potentially mystical tornado. The sounds are light, soft, and without beat, a spiritual contemplation possibly. I feel like something or someone's spirt is moving to the light heaven, or returning back to nature and/or the universe through an opening of light in the clouds. Maybe that's a sunny sky behind it. This final number is emotive and peaceful. Unfortunately it becomes more repetitive as it progresses, and therefore less gripping. The song could have been more memorable, even without the beat. The journey is over, though it could have ended better. B

Favorite tracks: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7

B+

Conclusion to both albums - Patience For Heaven (Disc 1) is a solid follow up to the debut. Don't judge it on the first track since the debut's opening stood out more. For those who thought Patience for Heaven was too soft and light, I think you may be generalizing the album due to tracks 1, 3, and 4, as the second half is really great. The follow up is more traveling, floating, elegant, and spiritual. It's less dark and intense than Inner Cyclone. That may have been the point, to compliment the darkness with light. With the sequel, songs such as: World Is Yours, Ornamentation, and Patience For Heaven are excellent. They're great and everything around them is solid, even if two tracks are pretty light and softer in the sequel's first half than what may be expected. Inner Cyclone had more ingenuity I think, rather the album was based around the tornado concept, but what stood out most to me on the debut was the opening in that regard, followed by To Infinity. The re-mastering of Inner Cyclone here is fantastic, a new-school classic in Goa-Trance. Patience For Heaven took more time to grow on me, though I fell in love with tracks 5 and 8 right away. Songs I didn't care like Circled I enjoy so much more today (in 2016 forward). Each album is so different and well done. The closing track on the sequel, Circled is such an improvement over Fusion on the debut. There's also a magical little bonus at the end of Patience For Heaven. This double album is a treat. It's crammed with lush sounds and melodies that will ignite your censors and feed your ears with juicy, splashy colors of delight many times. It's also easily one of the best double albums and one of the best albums of 2012 and in Suntrip's growing arsonal. But I also have to credit Metapsychic Records for releasing Inner Cyclone back in 2007 because we may have never got these re-mastered and new albums today without them to be fair.

Double Album Overall: A-

Suntrip

https://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD26/

Psyshop
http://www.psyshop.c.../sut2cd026.html
Beatspace
http://www.beatspace...ven/detail.aspx
Goastore
http://www.goastore....heaven-2cd.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although I need more listens I have to say that I'm slightly dissapointed by this album. After Inner Cyclone which had some darker tracks I expected something similar. Unfortunately it follows the same recipe with the 90% of new school Goa. It's too floating. Many pads, many melodies that come and go but never grab you and power that never reach a critical point. Production values, synths etc. are all top notch.

I'll agree with some of that critique about this album and other new school goa albums - the lack of a really defining melody or structure which ties the tracks together - instead a lot of pleasant melodic goings-on but nothing that makes the track memorable or really brings it to a proper build up/breakdown..

The title track though "Patience for Heaven" is a stormer - this one really uncorks and that main melodic breakdown is spectacular and very memorable.. The other tracks I like, but unless I have them on headphones I find it hard to remember what exactly sets them apart..

Oh each track easily has its own identity. In fact sometimes I feel like they don't even belong together on the album, but that's not really a problem when they are all so good. If I had one criticism of this album it's the mix which kind of lacks well designed soundforms. Spirits of Devotion is easily the best mix on here and not just because of the kick, but the whole package of leads blending well together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No matter how you look at it. Like or dislike CD1; doesn't matter.

It's Inner Cyclone remastered. That's a reason enough to just buy it and that's that.

Now I could dwelve into CD1 but I must admit, I don't feel like writing something prolonged right now so that'll have to wait.

• 1 year later...

Artist: Mindsphere

Release: Patience For Heaven (Inner Cyclone)

Year: 2012

Label: Suntrip Records

Cat-#: SUNCD26

Rating: 4/5

Tracklisting:

Patience For Heaven

1.1) Shape Of Imagination

1.2) World Is Yours

1.3) Cosmos Evolution

1.4) All Alone

1.5) Ornamentation

1.6) In To Reality

1.7) Spirits Of Devotion

1.8) Patience For Heaven

1.9) Circled

Inner Cyclone

2.1) Painful Stories

2.2) Mindrama

2.3) We Have A Dream

2.4) Wasted Years

2.5) Operation Side

2.6) To Infinity

2.7) Inner Cyclone

2.8) Fusion

This one certainly does not hold back. We're propelled right back 15 years to the amalgamation of psychedelia and goa. It's very Ra-/Electron Wave-esque, the sound is fat, expansive and very "ethnic". It is done very very nicely. Had to laugh at the Ra/Chi-AD peak in In To Reality, sounds like a mashup of Paradox and Biocandy. I love both of those tracks so tracks like these puts a big smile on my face everytime.

The bonus CD Inner Cyclone is faster and much more chaotic. While it's pretty good it doesn't hold up the same standard as Patience For Heaven. Still it has got the same kind of building-on-loaned-vibes. Ra most of all, but I thought I got a bit of Cydonia bass drilling in track 2.3. To good effect on both CDs none the less.

• 2 months later...