prog4all

Posted Image

Title: Progressive Love

Label: Synergetic Records

Date: 11-05-2012

Style: Progressive Trance

Tracklist:

01. Earsugar & Double Click - Beat It

02. Behind Blue Eyes - Rumble In The Jungle (Zen mechanics Remix)

03. Protonica - Floating Point (Morning Mix)

04. Zyce - Strange Fragments

05. Midimal - Ages Of History (Human Element Remix)

06. Aquafeel - Unity Consciousness

07. Earsugar - Bonfire

08. Human Element - Being In

09. Ma'Co - Phantasy

10. Midimal - Fast & Delicious

To start of, I don't think there is a single thing wrong with the title of this VA. There seems to be a lot of promising names listed on the tracklist as well, with a few tracks that I heard of already. I recognized some of them from one of the Extrasensory Perception series actually. But that's ok, I don't mind listening to them again.

Beat It is not a bad track but I was hoping for something a little more special. It's not something I would remember afterwards or would like to play another 3 times. The Zen Mechanics remix for Rumble In The Jungle is one that I enjoyed. Not your typical stuff and I'm glad this turned out a little different than most tracks. I would like to say this is a bit more on the psychedelic side of things. Definitely a nice one, but I know there are a lot of better Zen Mechanics tracks/remixes out there.

Protonica's Floating Point is one of my favorites tracks ever, I mean what more do you want. I have a lot of favorites actually, but this is one to close your eyes with and slowly reach a floating point. It's just perfect, almost like it gives you wings. And when you get the feeling that there isn't a thing you would change, you know it's good stuff. Protonica shows us once again that they are the masters of progressive trance. Speaking of masters, Zyce is in this VA as well. Strange Fragments is a great track, another melodic floater. I listened to this guys music so much that I probably could recognize most of it blindfolded, no joke. I would like to say all but he has that many tracks, nobody could keep up with that. Don't get me started about the other projects he is doing, this review would take hours.

Ages Of History is a bit more on the minimal side, slick and steady would be the best way to describe it. Human Element did a good job on this remix, still keeping the melodic vibes from Midimal alive. Unity Consciousness is heavier but still super melodic from time to time. Very nice!

Next is Earsugar with Bonfire. I like this one a lot more than there Beat It track. This one reminds me of some Human Element tracks, although they are usually a lot lighter than this but just as slick and tight. Being In is another nice one, but I have to say it took a while for me before this track fully came alive. It's just a little more empty than most of his songs but I will forgive him for that. Ma'co's Phantasy is nice and bouncy but somehow it lacked of groove and a good drive for me. I enjoyed his Intergalactic Paradise track a lot more to be honest. This one is ok, nothing special.

Now they saved the best for last, Fast & Delicious is one of my favorite tracks of Midimal. Probobly my favorite actually now that I think of it. It has like a 2 min intro, but that's with all of his tracks. I don't find it annoying at all as u can clearly see he slowly grows in to the song, theres a story behind it. Midimal's name says it all (intentionally or not). It's kind of minimal progressive trance, but yet still somewhere in the middle. Such a unique style, if you take the time to listen to it I know you will love it. I remember the first time I heard this track I got goosebumps. Anyway 10 tracks later, I can't say my love for progressive has gotten any less after this release. Solid stuff, with just a few outstanding tracks. But sometimes that's all it takes.

Links:

http://www.beatport....ive-love/906607

http://www.plusquam-records.net