Hallucinogen's 3rd album! Woo!

Starkraver

Let's recap what Simon has released 2000 onward... to revive this topic

Hallucinogen 3 could be something like this....
Hallucinogen - Mi-Loony Um
Hallucinogen - E
TIP - Stimuli (Hallucinogen Remix)
Hallucinogen – Bubble'n Tweak
Hallucinogen + Tristan – Stretch Tastic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annodalleb - War (Hallucinogen Remix)
ManMadeMan - Karahana (Hallucinogen Remix)
Hallucinogen And Lucas* – Pipeworm
Hallucinogen – Shabby Trance

it wouldn't be so bad, even if he just collected most of these tracks, threw in a couple of unreleased and it would still be good... not?

Well this wasn't really released but I noticed I may have skipped another one too:

The Infinity Project - There Were Noises (Unreleased Hallucinogen Mix)

Hallucinogen - Strangled Cat (demo?)

ManMadeMan - Karahana (Hallucinogen Remix)

now THAT is a rmx! I hate when artists barely change anything up. it seams like they just want to slap their name on a classic track for recognition. But this, THIS, is supreme! Never heard it til now. where have I been??? ;p

the one rmx I would give people an example to my arguement (though its pretty much a remake, not rmx) is Prana - Taiyo (Chakra rmx) - what a doozy!

I haven't actually thought about it before but.. it HAS been a long time for only just a 3rd album from Simon. I guess that says how incredibly relevant his first 2 albums still are. Maybe his 3rd album will carry us for 10+ years too ;O

now THAT is a rmx! I hate when artists barely change anything up. it seams like they just want to slap their name on a classic track for recognition. But this, THIS, is supreme! Never heard it til now. where have I been??? ;p

I don't like the original karahana,,, but the Hallucinogen remix :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

It also has a widespread appeal, I've played it at cluby-trance crowd and they loved it... from around 2:00 the middle were that hypnotic melody (not on the original) comes on.

Whaat... I think "Shabby Trance" great.

what is this shabby trance you two speak of? I sense the humor but am curious...

Well this wasn't really released but I noticed I may have skipped another one too:

The Infinity Project - There Were Noises (Unreleased Hallucinogen Mix)

Hallucinogen - Strangled Cat (demo?)

yes, that is the cat he strangled, I like the track a lot.

• 1 month later...

Rave? Wtf, that there is the Gamma Goblin Remix of Hallucinogen made by Infected Mushroom, which Simon didn't fancy too much, so it was never released. But you knew that, right? Makes me question why you posted it and made me jump up from :o not knowing a IM track, especially a IM and Sir P. track. I like this Remix btw. It's not there but it is cool and good imo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtMJzyOiQkw It has this sound of "I See Myself", which did get released.

• 2 months later...

Some more expeculation....

Hallucinogen´s Facebook on 20th september.

How would you feel if I made a Hallucinogen album that wasn't trance: some downtempo, some weird psychedelia and a couple of dance floor numbers?

Hallucinogen´s Facebook on 21st september.

The reason i ask, is because I would like to make an album on my own (not Shpongle, which is with Raja Ram or Younger Brother, which is with Benji) which may include some trance.... do i really need to come up with ANOTHER name, because some people think Hallucinogen should be only trance? I'm not very good at taking criticism, so i'd rather not bother at all if people aren't into it.... i have other projects i love doing!

Interesting. I'd personally be happy to see varied output under the Hallucinogen name, as long as it was 'true' to the Hallucinogen concept. But a lot of people would freak out and say all sorts of bad things about it, I'm sure. Fuck em.

Lately he is talking about facebook about a new hallucinogen album. He asked his fans whether it should be trance or if it can be a psy and ambient album, because he wants to collaborate with Raja Ram or younger brother guy, but many fans say, they want it to be trance. Let`s see what he will create at the end and whether he will create anything at all. Looking forword to it.