Hallucinogen's 3rd album! Woo!

Starkraver

Same here. On the other hand, I do think that the music he's been making over the past decade shows that he's neither willing to rest on his laurels nor descend into market-friendly derivative crap, which is almost unique among heroes of the old-school.

I'm not an old timer, but when I heard LSD, I knew right there, that this guy is like the Led Zepplin of Goa genre. And after a bit of reading I found out that he is.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never really could get into Twisted

True,

Lsd is a super track but for the rest there's imo nothing more special then other goatrance albums in that period on twisted.

His second album has some unique tracks and is more a journey starting from track 3 until the end.

The first two tracks are pretty ok but don't fit that good in the story.

I expect 0 from his third album, protecting myself from disappointing.

Not that it would be such a great deal if it was,

there's enough fresh goatrance talent going around these days...

His side project sphongle is still doing fine in my playlist.

Same here. On the other hand, I do think that the music he's been making over the past decade shows that he's neither willing to rest on his laurels nor descend into market-friendly derivative crap, which is almost unique among heroes of the old-school.

+1

I'm also not a Twisted fan and I find Hallucinogen just ok (his ambient projects don't work for me at all), but I have a huge respect for him.

I'm gonna be happy if his album gonna sound in Pipeworm direction, thats proper psytrance that I would expect from Si. But I'm not that much optimistic regarding his 3rd album, it's better that way, if it happens it will be a bigger suprise and I'm gonna be a lot more happy :)

I also wanted to say that I don#t understand why people don't like the latest Shpongoel album. In my opinion it is very nice and I find it better because he used more electronical sounds and it sounds closer to goa tan the second album. The first shpongle album however was better since it was moreambient in sound than world music. So I like the third shpongle and think that it has it's moments.

I also wanted to say that I don#t understand why people don't like the latest Shpongoel album. In my opinion it is very nice and I find it better because he used more electronical sounds and it sounds closer to goa tan the second album. The first shpongle album however was better since it was moreambient in sound than world music. So I like the third shpongle and think that it has it's moments.

Are you aware that there are four Shpongle albums? Your post makes it sound as though you think the third is the latest.

lol don't get your hopes up.

things have changed... i would be very surprised if he could pull off the kind of genre-changing music that made us all fall so deeply in love with his first albums...

Sure he could make more of the same old school sound, but would it have the same impact as when we were in the 90's...? I suspect it would just sound dated...

The whole appeal of his previous work was that it had never been done before, it was fresh... at the forefront of goa/psy-trance... shaping the evolution of the genre... and of music itself...

The same sound made today, even with modernised frills, does not and can not equate to the massive transition his previous work represented...

That said, i am really looking forward to hear this album, even if it is just a trip down memory lane... :)

Totally agree with you. These are different times now. If a new album will come however, I expect a lot of oldskool Goa listeners to get it. For me, every once in a while I play LSD or Solstice. But I don't think I will get this new album (unless it's super good and newer sounds), my musical taste has changed since the first time that I discovered Goa.

I aktually meant that shpongoel album. It is very good in my opinon, don#t know about the other shpongoel album nothing is lost, is it worse or better than this one?

Nothing Lasts... is their least good album in my (and probably most others') opinion, but it's still worth owning. link

I needed some time to appreciate nothing lasts...

but nowdays I think it's good and I play it often,

it's like his debut album, not that overloaded,

not to many samples, I like that...

It's also one story and not track by track...

but it's nothing new, what is ok to me,

I'm not tired off the sphongle sound...

Guest neurogen

Nothing Lasts... is their least good album in my (and probably most others') opinion, but it's still worth owning. link

Really? I think that one is a masterpiece.

• 6 months later...

Well there is still no hallucinogen 3 and not even rumours of it altough it is very high time hallucinogen 3 is being released, I think we have to collect money and send it to him, if we can found 10 000 people who will spend about 20 30 pounds each it will be enough to offer it to him so he finally starts working and doing a third hallucinogen album.

He would not deny 200000 Pounds for a new hallucinogen album.

Well there is still no hallucinogen 3 and not even rumours of it altough it is very high time hallucinogen 3 is being released, I think we have to collect money and send it to him, if we can found 10 000 people who will spend about 20 30 pounds each it will be enough to offer it to him so he finally starts working and doing a third hallucinogen album.

He would not deny 200000 Pounds for a new hallucinogen album.

Haha somehow I think he may deny it. Just don't think he is into trance at all anymore. People's tastes change..a lot! and from what I have read/heard in interviews he really doesnt like where it has gone in general.