Hallucinogen's 3rd album! Woo!

Starkraver

I'm sure U guys might've read Simon's status update on Facebook, this is for those who haven't.

"Been playing some Hallucinogen In my sphongle sets lately. Is it finally time to start the 3rd album"

Yes Simon!! Pls!! It's abt time.. Stop teasing us :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which will be released first, 3rd hallucinogen or astral's new album. i'm taking bets now :)

i think there's no doubt about which one will be better

I'm betting on Hallucinogen.. I just don't trust the AP :D

year after year the same old story!

good things happen to those who wait :)

so it is not released yet, it wil take a lot of time until it is released from now on. he will work two years on it at least. But still, it is great if he will prodcue another hallucinogen album, it is aobut time and I am sure it will be a true masterpeace.

lol don't get your hopes up.

things have changed... i would be very surprised if he could pull off the kind of genre-changing music that made us all fall so deeply in love with his first albums...

Sure he could make more of the same old school sound, but would it have the same impact as when we were in the 90's...? I suspect it would just sound dated...

The whole appeal of his previous work was that it had never been done before, it was fresh... at the forefront of goa/psy-trance... shaping the evolution of the genre... and of music itself...

The same sound made today, even with modernised frills, does not and can not equate to the massive transition his previous work represented...

That said, i am really looking forward to hear this album, even if it is just a trip down memory lane... :)

Agree with Tetrasect. I really hope it is something new , fresh and genre redefining... whatever he comes up with will fall short of the hype and expectation around the "Hallucinogen" brand.. i never really could get into Twisted or any of his albums the way 95% of old schoolers did , i just dont know what others are hearing that im not .. i really want to like him and maybe the 3rd album will do that. I like the modern approach that he took with "Pipeworm" in God save the Machine . Anything on those lines will an insta like from me.

The complaints here are really complaints of high level, instead that we jsut look up and hope for another album we complain here. Ofcourse the new material wont sound like the old stuff since the technology, the mastering the synthessizers all sound beter these days and it is easier to produce music these days. So I would love another album with tracks like on Twisted just with better quality. For example look at the track "STrangled cats". It sounds typically like Hallucinogen for me and I want the next album to sound absolutely like hallucinogen. Stragned cats is an incredible track and it sounds old and that is the way the new album should sound aswell. If you want to listen to something new, listen to Filteria monotonic crap instead, that is new and does not sound like oldschool

listen to Filteria monotonic crap instead, that is new and does not sound like oldschool

You should check the definition of monotonous again.

I don't think it's a good idea to begin hyping an album before the artist has even begun working on it. From Simon's status update on fb I wouldn't even conclude that he will begin working on it anytime soon or at all. The way some people are talking about this album is a recipe for disappointment. Just wait and see.

I don#t expect anything, there is more than enough music to listen to even if Hallucinogen wont release another album, but if he releases one I would appreciate it a lot of he keeps his geniume and unique sound and produces tracks in his style, I don't want him to do something "new" just because the old stuff wont have the same impact. Music is music and it is timeless, that is how classic is listened even today and it does not need to sound new. Tracks like Strangled cat would be incredible in my opinion, since that is exactly how hallucinogen sounds and should sound.

Guest neurogen

I hope for more infernal machine tracks too. The loin sleeps tonight is one of his top tracks.

But gamma goblins part 3 would make me forget about women for quite some time

i never really could get into Twisted or any of his albums the way 95% of old schoolers did , i just dont know what others are hearing that im not ..

Same here. On the other hand, I do think that the music he's been making over the past decade shows that he's neither willing to rest on his laurels nor descend into market-friendly derivative crap, which is almost unique among heroes of the old-school.