17. Holographic Universe

ARTIFACT303

18. Celistial Alignements

E-MANTRA

19. What if I can fly ?

ARMAGEDDANCE

Grading info.

0 = Terrible. What were they thinking.

1 = Bad comparing to the great stuff that already exists.

2 = Decent but still not good, comparing to the great stuff that already exists

3 = Good but still ways to go.

4 = Awesome. Can definately compete with the titans.

5 = Masterpiece!

Quick background.

Listening actively to Goatrance since 1997. Heard pretty much everything there is, except some new stuff like this album right here.

Track 01 - Slow Reflections - Existence Of The Universe

Pretty boring actually. Its been done a million trillion times before. Doesnt make me feel anything, but an okay intro nonetheless.

2/5

Track 02 - Psy-H Project - Exhalation Of Mahavishnu

This is the first time Ive heard of this project.

Sound is generic and bland. The bassline is something I personally have a Vendetta against. That pre-newschool progressive goa style is really awful.

Although there is nice melodies going on here and a nice atmosphere. Unfortunately the buildup, which is slow, doesnt lead anywhere. No climax at all.

Probably just a filler track for the album.

1/5

Track 03 - E-Mantra - Dark Corners Of the Universe

Ah. Track title inspired from Call of Cuthulu perhaps? Finally the album kicks off properly. Extremely nice and cozy sound in this track. The bassline is melting away in the background as psychedelia enters the brain throughout the song. The melodys are minimal and subtle which makes the track more hypnotic. Its repetative to some degree but I think Ill play this track again more times in the future.

3/5

Track 04. Liquid Flow - Psyonic Storm

First time Ive heard of this project aswell. Nice mix on this track. Uplifting bassline and main melody. Happy but yet psychedelic. Again, not much happens in the track, I dont feel like its telling me a story, but its a nice background goa track. Towards the end is a very nice 303 loop that almost feels like a climax but not really, its more a natural end to the song.

Overall very nice sounds here, very psychedelic but also easy listening.

3/5

Track 05. Artifact303 - In Your Mind

We are all very very familiar with Artifact303 by now so Im gonna keep this short. It is 100% Artifact303 but not his best track, and definately not the worst either. Hard to find a "worst" track of him though.

3.5/5

Track 06. Filteria - Dreams Are Under Construction

Nice to hear new stuff from Filteria as always. As with Artifact303, not much is needed to say. Not his best track by far, but absolutely not bad.

3.5/5

Track 07. E-Mantra - Metempsychosis (Remix)

Nice driving track, but again, pretty repetative and doesnt really say much. Although very good psychedelic vibe, and top class production as always with E-Mantra.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this track, but here it simply comes down to taste.

3.5/5

Track 08. Liquid Flow - Chaotic

This artist is growing on me. Nice choice of leads, nice melodies, and a very nice psychedelic vibe. Only thing I dislike here is the choice of kick, but again, down to pure taste.

There is quite alot happening in this track, and its very interesting, finally I feel like its giving a story to me. Actually, which surprises me alot - the best track of the album so far!

Im gonna keep an eye out for this project. With a kick more to my liking this would probably get 4.5.

4/5

Track 09. Goasia - The Religion

Sorry, But I really dont like this project and I never have. Im sorry. Not a bad track in any way, but I just dont find it appealing. It feels like an album filler.

2/5

Track 10. Astrancer - Solioonensius

Okay, what the hell does that mean?! :P

This is a downtempo goatrance track. Well, still dancable at around 130bpm or so if my ears arent decieving.

Not at all in my taste here either to be honest. Quite disappointing. Please know, I am very very spoiled when it comes to psychedelic trance.. Cant help it.. :)

2/5

Track 11. Psy-H Project - Spiritual Experience

Very fast track at around 155bpm Im guessing. A disappointment here also. Hate the bassline. This one comes down pretty much to taste also.

1/5

Track 12. Radical Distortion - Psychopath

Very disappointing again. Bassline is extremely boring, kick feels weak. Boring.

1/5

Track 13. Travma - Tesla (Original Mix)

First time Ive heard of this project.

Nice agressive driving bassline that fits with the rest of the sound. I usually dont like this basslines as Ive stated earlier, but it fits when the rest of the track catches up with the drive.

Other than that, nothing happens in this track. Its not bad, but not very good.

1.5/5

Track 14. Asirion - Morning Venus

Another album filler.

1/5

Track 15. Artifact303 - The Answer

Meh. I have so insanely high excpectations of this guy its unbelieavble. Although the climax is very very nice.

3.5/5

Track 16. Mindsphere - Visual Perception

Interesting. This feels like a track to grow into. Nice acidy melodies throughout. Really dont like the kick. Pretty decent track.

2.5/5

Track 17. Artifact303 - Holographic Universe

Not big on climaxes, but deeply psychedelic and wonderful crystal clear mix. This is gonna go directly to my android for epic train-ride enjoyment. The minimalistic main 'theme' with just a couple of note changes is really driving and hypnotic, just the way I like it. Definately the favorite of the album so far.

4/5

Track 18. E-Mantra - Celestial Alignments

A nice surprise! Follows perfectly the previous track. Nice hypnotic feel throughout, not big climaxes but subtle and psychedelic.

3.5/5

Track 19. ArmagedDance - What If I Can Fly?

Meh.

1/10

Overall: 3/5 and quite the disappointment, disregarding the few gems.

Thanks for your time.

I think its a pretty nice album and the more "established" artist (E-mantra, Artifact 303, Filteria) delivers good tunes. Its nothing extraordinary from these guys, but I guess those tracks will appear on their artistsalbum. Its always interesting with the subjective taste when it comes to music. Neurogen ranked Astratrancer track 2/5 - but I really dig that aztec-indian cutipie of track. For me, Astratrancer have a deep sense how to create interesting melodystructures. I dont know what program he uses - cause the "soundpicture" feels weak (compare to Filteria or E-mantra). His music deserves tighter soundspectra!

Its a good compilation. The artwork is great: 5/5. The artwork is not to be neglected!

The best tracks are from Psy-H-Project! Not 5/5, but 4/5. I like the atmosphere and the melodies. Iam looking forward to his album!

But overall i would give 3,5/5!

Thanks for review and cool words. We have another vision of this release. We was want make 100% space tracklist like Pleiadians style (in our vision). Deep drive cosmic goa trance sound. But we not find many real space tracks ((( This style is dead. We was work 3 years but not find better tracks for this concept. We was have real drive sunshine morning goa tracks but not take it in tracklist. Its was be experiment.

But we happy, because some moments from this va is real space sound )

I accept with 3.5/5 and cover can be better too.

Sorry for bad english. Om.

Guest neurogen

Thanks for review and cool words. We have another vision of this release. We was want make 100% space tracklist like Pleiadians style (in our vision). Deep drive cosmic goa trance sound. But we not find many real space tracks ((( This style is dead. We was work 3 years but not find better tracks for this concept. We was have real drive sunshine morning goa tracks but not take it in tracklist. Its was be experiment.

Thank YOU for the album!!

And dont get hung up and disappointed I only gave it 3 - I give only 5 to very very few things - for example Artifact303 - Feelings, that track is 5/5 for me.

But his album is "only" 4/5.

So 3/5 is still a good grade :)

Thanks again.

Sound is generic and bland. The bassline is something I personally have a Vendetta against. That pre-newschool progressive goa style is really awful.

Although there is nice melodies going on here and a nice atmosphere. Unfortunately the buildup, which is slow, doesnt lead anywhere. No climax at all.

1/5

Making a point on how opinions are indeed a personal thing, I want to highlight your review of the Psy-H Project. because I disagree in a 180 degree angle from you. In my opinion, Exhalation... is the best track in this compilation. It is exactly the sort of goa I keep looking for when I listen to a new release. It is strong, powerful, with a ippon kick that can rise a tornado on the dancefloor. The star of this track is the bassline, hypnotic and trancing. The melody comes as a side order, given that the bassline is so well build.

But I take that this sort of full-on mixed with goa is not for everyone. Psy-H comes from a new school of goa, the Russian Goa which is - as expected from Russia - a hammer slamming on a sound system inches from your ears. No wonder he works close with Alienapia, another Russia producer that makes tracks for the strong ones.

I personally don't like what most neogoa producers are doing. Only a few tracks please my taste. Most tracks you rated 3.5/5 I would rate 1/5. So, in the end it's good that neogoa is pleasing everybody: the soft ears like yours and the strong ones, like mine.

By the way, can't wait anymore to get Boloto's Trip from Psy-H, to be released in November. One of the best full-goa tracks.

Making a point on how opinions are indeed a personal thing, I want to highlight your review of the Psy-H Project. because I disagree in a 180 degree angle from you. In my opinion, Exhalation... is the best track in this compilation. It is exactly the sort of goa I keep looking for when I listen to a new release. It is strong, powerful, with a ippon kick that can rise a tornado on the dancefloor. The star of this track is the bassline, hypnotic and trancing. The melody comes as a side order, given that the bassline is so well build.

But I take that this sort of full-on mixed with goa is not for everyone. Psy-H comes from a new school of goa, the Russian Goa which is - as expected from Russia - a hammer slamming on a sound system inches from your ears. No wonder he works close with Alienapia, another Russia producer that makes tracks for the strong ones.

I personally don't like what most neogoa producers are doing. Only a few tracks please my taste. Most tracks you rated 3.5/5 I would rate 1/5. So, in the end it's good that neogoa is pleasing everybody: the soft ears like yours and the strong ones, like mine.

By the way, can't wait anymore to get Boloto's Trip from Psy-H, to be released in November. One of the best full-goa tracks.

Yes i like Psy-H Project too, powerful goa trance sound. Alienapia not russian producer, he from Ukraine.

We will print cds soon but we not release rmx on Mahadeva because TIP World not give rights to us ((( Bad story. And we add Spiritual Experience again.

We have another vision of this release. We was want make 100% space tracklist like Pleiadians style (in our vision). Deep drive cosmic goa trance sound. But we not find many real space tracks ((( This style is dead. We was work 3 years but not find better tracks for this concept. We was have real drive sunshine morning goa tracks but not take it in tracklist. Its was be experiment.

You guys delivered really good compilation, not all tracks are good, but some of them really are great, plus I've always wanted to hear Tesla in proper soundquality with good mastering, kudos for doing a remaster of that track. Speaking about space/cosmic Goa trance, indeed it's hard to find good one, but I don't know, maybe you should contact Sky Technology and Blackstarrfinale, they got some cool tracks in that direction that I really like.

Looking forward to check your next releases.

Best wishes.

one thing I discovered with the Radical Disortion track Is that its "frightening" similar to some UX tracks? For example, the baseline sounds like Masters of the universe baseline... If they were aware of that similarity when they produced they should, in my opinion make some credit to the UX-guys. The "Ux-sound" can of course been an coincidence aswell. Thats happens somtimes I suppose. Is there anyone else who has noticed this similarity? Or is it just me who has devoloped to an old crancy man, who sees negativity more then positive things? :(:P

Yes i like Psy-H Project too, powerful goa trance sound. Alienapia not russian producer, he from Ukraine.

We will print cds soon but we not release rmx on Mahadeva because TIP World not give rights to us ((( Bad story. And we add Spiritual Experience again.

Oh, sorry. It is just that I read some YT info, some said both Psy-H and Alienapia are Russians. It is just like when some American guy says that the capital city of Brazil is Buenos Aires <_< .

New school essential. Can't write much more for now but don't take this as anything less.

one thing I discovered with the Radical Disortion track Is that its "frightening" similar to some UX tracks? For example, the baseline sounds like Masters of the universe baseline... If they were aware of that similarity when they produced they should, in my opinion make some credit to the UX-guys. The "Ux-sound" can of course been an coincidence aswell. Thats happens somtimes I suppose. Is there anyone else who has noticed this similarity? Or is it just me who has devoloped to an old crancy man, who sees negativity more then positive things? :(:P

RD's whole goal was to make a UX like track with the one on this comp, they did a really compelling job at it as well. :D

IMO, you guys should keep releasing stuff like Space of Power: some soft goa and some hard. Or release only works like what Psy-H, Alienapia and some others are doing, this kind of goa certainly has a public hungry for it. I am one who are utterly happy with it, and expecting more from GS.

Guest neurogen

I would also like more from u guys. And as for the "only 3".. 3 might be a low grade for some, but for me 3 is very good overall where 4 is awesome and 5 Masterpiece.

So this album is very good dont just get hung up on the 3 hehe.

4 and 5 for me is very rare and so should be saved for that special album...

Just a little clarification.... : )

• 10 months later...

d31x3Gh.jpg

There are things in this world that appeal to me. Things that break the rule of everything in moderation.

Like chocolate.

oIPs9h1.jpg

Chocolate Moose.

Like, sh*t I dunno...huge cans.

hqg3Ymf.gif

"I'm trying to look you in the eyes, but boobs don't have eyes damnit!"

Huge cans covered in chocolate. Like you guys (who probably like these things as well) there are things that I like that never get old. And a double CD chock full of bubbling and outerspace goa trance is one of them. Storming and melodic it seemed like each track was better than the next. And look at the track list. The names in the genre are represented and while that's not a guarantee of quality it sure does help knowing what they are capable of. And for me they deliver one of the best compilations of goa trance I've ever heard. Have we become so jaded that thumping tracks from the best in the business are met with casual indifference?

I can understand the primary reviewer's fatigue I suppose.

*whispers* "No I can't"

It didn't speak to him and whilst I don't agree with many of his grades or characterizations I certainly respect his opinion. Music is all about taste and thank God we all have different ideas regarding the matter. I found the Artifact303 tracks superb and the E-mantra stuff sounds like the brilliance from his albums. Radical Distortion crafting a track attempting to capture the essence of UX? Sorry I don't see the down side here. Perhaps it doesn't get the attention it deserves because it is a Russian label? Blowback from Vladimir Putin and his questionable artwork?

bot2H8T.jpg

A cat from the back? I guess you could call it that. Picture several KGB agents in a submarine: "I draw women's clitoris but call it cat from the back. A joke only we shall understand!" *big belly laugh without smiling.*

A release like this...bursting with shimmering leads and swirling melodies is a welcome addition to my collection.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk

• 2 months later...

A strong first compilation with a couple of memorable tracks.

I was surprised by the power in the Psy-H project's tracks but as I love Alienapia as well I think they are a welcome variation. Pounding darker cosmic trance. Not surprisingly, the other tracks I like on this compilation are the darker ones. Especially Tesla, Psychopath and The Religion stand out to me, while Artifact303's The Answer and Holographic Universe, Filteria's Dreams Are Under Construction and E-Mantra's remix of Metempsychosis are good tracks as well. Also love the slower Astrancer, I'm still hoping to see an album released some day soon... The rest of the tracks are mediocre and do not catch my interest. I've heard better from Liquid Flow for example.

All in all recommended for some unique tracks and I'm curious to hear the next compilation from this label, called 'The Mystery of Crystal worlds'.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A strong first compilation with a couple of memorable tracks.

I was surprised by the power in the Psy-H project's tracks but as I love Alienapia as well I think they are a welcome variation. Pounding darker cosmic trance. Not surprisingly, the other tracks I like on this compilation are the darker ones. Especially Tesla, Psychopath and The Religion stand out to me, while Artifact303's The Answer and Holographic Universe, Filteria's Dreams Are Under Construction and E-Mantra's remix of Metempsychosis are good tracks as well. Also love the slower Astrancer, I'm still hoping to see an album released some day soon... The rest of the tracks are mediocre and do not catch my interest. I've heard better from Liquid Flow for example.

All in all recommended for some unique tracks and I'm curious to hear the next compilation from this label, called 'mystery of the crystal skulls'.

Thanks for cool words man, but name of next Va will be "The Mystery of Crystal worlds", not 'mystery of the crystal skulls' )))

It will be absolutly special project with 3CD, psychedelic poem and illustrations from 3 power painters.

• Like 1

Thanks for cool words man, but name of next Va will be "The Mystery of Crystal worlds", not 'mystery of the crystal skulls' )))

It will be absolutly special project with 3CD, psychedelic poem and illustrations from 3 power painters.

My bad, edited it :)

Curious !

• 1 year later...

Artist: Various Artists

Title: Space Of Power

Label: GlobalSect

Release Date: May 2012

Style: Goa Trance, Psychedelic Trance

gsm2cd001_b.jpg

1. Existence of the universe

SLOW REFLECTIONS

2. Exhalation of Mahavishnu

PSY-H PROJECT

3. Dark corners of the universe

E-MANTRA

4. Psyonic Storm

LIQUID FLOW

5. In your mind

ARTIFACT303

6. Dreams are under construction

FILTERIA

7. Metempsychosis (rmx)

E-MANTRA

8. Chaotic

LIQUID FLOW

9. The Religion

GOASIA

10. Solioonensius

ASTRANCER

11. Spiritual Experience

PSY-H PROJECT

12. Psychopath

RADICAL DISTORTION

13. Tesla (original mix)

TRAVMA

14. Morning Venus

ASIRION

15. The Answer

ARTIFACT303

16. Visual Perception

MINDSPHERE

17. Holographic Universe

ARTIFACT303

18. Celistial Alignements

E-MANTRA

19. What if I can fly ?

ARMAGEDDANCE

Grading info.

0 = Terrible. What were they thinking.

1 = Bad comparing to the great stuff that already exists.

2 = Decent but still not good, comparing to the great stuff that already exists

3 = Good but still ways to go.

4 = Awesome. Can definately compete with the titans.

5 = Masterpiece!

Quick background.

Listening actively to Goatrance since 1997. Heard pretty much everything there is, except some new stuff like this album right here.

Track 01 - Slow Reflections - Existence Of The Universe

Pretty boring actually. Its been done a million trillion times before. Doesnt make me feel anything, but an okay intro nonetheless.

2/5

1/5

Track 03 - E-Mantra - Dark Corners Of the Universe

Ah. Track title inspired from Call of Cuthulu perhaps? Finally the album kicks off properly. Extremely nice and cozy sound in this track. The bassline is melting away in the background as psychedelia enters the brain throughout the song. The melodys are minimal and subtle which makes the track more hypnotic. Its repetative to some degree but I think Ill play this track again more times in the future.

3/5

Track 04. Liquid Flow - Psyonic Storm

First time Ive heard of this project aswell. Nice mix on this track. Uplifting bassline and main melody. Happy but yet psychedelic. Again, not much happens in the track, I dont feel like its telling me a story, but its a nice background goa track. Towards the end is a very nice 303 loop that almost feels like a climax but not really, its more a natural end to the song.

Overall very nice sounds here, very psychedelic but also easy listening.

3/5

Track 05. Artifact303 - In Your Mind

We are all very very familiar with Artifact303 by now so Im gonna keep this short. It is 100% Artifact303 but not his best track, and definately not the worst either. Hard to find a "worst" track of him though.

3.5/5

Track 06. Filteria - Dreams Are Under Construction

Nice to hear new stuff from Filteria as always. As with Artifact303, not much is needed to say. Not his best track by far, but absolutely not bad.

3.5/5

Track 07. E-Mantra - Metempsychosis (Remix)

Nice driving track, but again, pretty repetative and doesnt really say much. Although very good psychedelic vibe, and top class production as always with E-Mantra.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this track, but here it simply comes down to taste.

3.5/5

Track 08. Liquid Flow - Chaotic

This artist is growing on me. Nice choice of leads, nice melodies, and a very nice psychedelic vibe. Only thing I dislike here is the choice of kick, but again, down to pure taste.

There is quite alot happening in this track, and its very interesting, finally I feel like its giving a story to me. Actually, which surprises me alot - the best track of the album so far!

Im gonna keep an eye out for this project. With a kick more to my liking this would probably get 4.5.

4/5

Track 09. Goasia - The Religion

Sorry, But I really dont like this project and I never have. Im sorry. Not a bad track in any way, but I just dont find it appealing. It feels like an album filler.

2/5

Track 10. Astrancer - Solioonensius

Okay, what the hell does that mean?! tongue.png

This is a downtempo goatrance track. Well, still dancable at around 130bpm or so if my ears arent decieving.

Not at all in my taste here either to be honest. Quite disappointing. Please know, I am very very spoiled when it comes to psychedelic trance.. Cant help it.. smile.png

2/5

Track 11. Psy-H Project - Spiritual Experience

Very fast track at around 155bpm Im guessing. A disappointment here also. Hate the bassline. This one comes down pretty much to taste also.

1/5

Track 12. Radical Distortion - Psychopath

Very disappointing again. Bassline is extremely boring, kick feels weak. Boring.

1/5

Track 13. Travma - Tesla (Original Mix)

First time Ive heard of this project.

Nice agressive driving bassline that fits with the rest of the sound. I usually dont like this basslines as Ive stated earlier, but it fits when the rest of the track catches up with the drive.

Other than that, nothing happens in this track. Its not bad, but not very good.

1.5/5

Track 14. Asirion - Morning Venus

Another album filler.

1/5

Track 15. Artifact303 - The Answer

Meh. I have so insanely high excpectations of this guy its unbelieavble. Although the climax is very very nice.

3.5/5

Track 16. Mindsphere - Visual Perception

Interesting. This feels like a track to grow into. Nice acidy melodies throughout. Really dont like the kick. Pretty decent track.

2.5/5

Track 17. Artifact303 - Holographic Universe

Not big on climaxes, but deeply psychedelic and wonderful crystal clear mix. This is gonna go directly to my android for epic train-ride enjoyment. The minimalistic main 'theme' with just a couple of note changes is really driving and hypnotic, just the way I like it. Definately the favorite of the album so far.

4/5

Track 18. E-Mantra - Celestial Alignments

A nice surprise! Follows perfectly the previous track. Nice hypnotic feel throughout, not big climaxes but subtle and psychedelic.

3.5/5

Track 19. ArmagedDance - What If I Can Fly?

Meh.

1/10

Overall: 3/5 and quite the disappointment, disregarding the few gems.

Thanks for your time.

I share the same disappointment

I just listened to it last night while doing some other stuff and i was waiting for the killer track but it never came - and i had to press skip several times too

less than 24 hours later i can not remember a single track unfortunately

4/10 for me from what i can remember