2. Back To Hyperion
3. Zap Kannon
4. Wizards from the future
5. Mega Magnet Style
6. In the heart of a dying star
7. Gigantoraptor Resurrection
8. Master of the universe - AGNETON FEAT. JAVI
9. Reach out live forever

"I occasionally think how quickly our differences would vanish worldwide if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world."

Really? You really think that? Have you seen congress lately? Old f*ckers can't agree on a cup of coffee.

Writing a review isn't an exact science.

Efd3SaI.gif

If it were, the boob enlargement software would've already been downloaded to my droid and I'd be wearing a bra on my head like the gentlemen above. You've come a long way Iron Man. A long way.

Sometimes I can pen one after just one listen. But the vast majority require multiple days or weeks and a seemingly endless amount of listens. Point is I have come up with ideas for reviews in all sorts of places and times. On the crapper, at 4 in the morning, while I'm grocery shopping. Hell once, I came up with a great idea while doin' the nasty, but I figured I better get back to the task at hand.

I've been writing this one for about a month. Which means I keep listening to it over and over again. Normally I'd buy a plane ticket to Belgium and punch Elias in the face (worked with Rihanna), but he's friends with Boris (Goalien) and he scares me. Thing is when I was playing this each time it never got old. There were always new layers to immerse myself in. Elias Gits is arguably the king of mixing Nitzhonot and goa trance turning what was a cheesy art form and making a Reese's Cup. You got your nitzho in my goa...and I like it.

Horizon in Your Head came out 4 years ago and if you liked that one then you are going to love this.

Silver Shadow Lifeforms Chapter II- "The evidence seems to be overwhelming to me. That we've had an intimate inter relationship with them for several thousand years."

A remix to Silver Shadow Lifeforms from Horizon in Your Head? I'm in. Always felt that the original while good was lacking in a bottom end. Seems that issue was addressed as well as an overall thickening of the track with more layers. The main lead also felt more lush and full with some more aggressive tendencies. Kinda like juggling with a power saw. The nitzho kick is ever present and you will be hearing quite a bit of it on this journey.

Back To Hyperion- Now that he's eased you into his vision, make sure your seat belts are fastened because he just accelerated to incredible speed. How fast?

5gzRaNg.gif

Faster than you can say child protective services.

The melodies come fast and furious with blinding speed, but he doesn't forget the little touches that make goa tracks so organic. Outer space effects, machine gun kicks, and even a little break beat. Guy is such a giver. And not a crumb of cheese to be found.

Zap Kannon- "That's the best you can do? No new style?"

Why fix what isn't broken. If you're waiting for dude to take his foot off the accelerator it ain't gonna happen. Blistering pace with more space effects and spiritual melodies.

This one is a face melter.

hG2Yxba.gif

"Breaking news! The government has found a new way to eliminate the deficit by taxing masturbation."

Wizards From The Future- "I don't make the rules...I just live by them."

Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof d-d-d- doof!

First rule of nitzhogoa, you don't talk about nitzhogoa. 2nd rule...you better have that kick with you. If you forgot however, no worries Elias has plenty to spare. He changes tempo with storming leads that are quite frenetic. The growl at the end with the 303 is a twirler's paradise.

Mega-Magnet Style- "A long time ago...in a galaxy far far away."

eDLIIhP.gif

This is nitzhogoa on steroids. Indy 500 fast melodies and samples from numerous different sci-fi movies?

Yes please. You can tell he's having a good time with this and he's getting all crazy with the layering.

In the Heart of a Dying Star- "Some people lose their faith because heaven shows them too little. How many people lose their faith because heaven shows them too much."

s48EVWI.gif

"Do you know how you got that dent, in your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there and I said "Shhhhh!"

Can I get a hell yeah for a Prophecy movie sample? Layers of the goodness cascade down and it seems as if it is never ending. You get these short breaks with clever percussive sounds and then it's right back into the fray. Awe. Some.

Gigantoraptor Resurrection- "I'm so f*cking scared!"

There are a sh*tload of effects to go along with the rampaging melodies. You have entered a cheese free zone with delicious shimmery synths. This one leans more towards the goa side at times but still maintains the nitzho flair. You'll hear what I mean when the slight buildup staggers up the staircase.

Master of the Universe-

gYNZObW.jpg

"By the power of Grayskull!"

I have never seen more homoerotic imagery and pedophilia than in that cartoon. Have to say my parents were asleep at the wheel for this one. F*cking show was a NAMBLA wet dream.

Javi (Jonas Slosse) lends a hand and if you don't know who that is you should check out The Aural Exciter. Good stuff. Now is this their take on the classic UX track? Damn you Elias for making me do homework. I was kicked out of school for a reason you know. I don't know if it is, but is sure does sound old school. It's an absolute scorcher with power lead beatdowns and a tension filled break. The melodies seem to scream at the top of their lungs and it is unrelenting.

Reach Out Live Forever- "I posess a stellar converter...the most powerful weapon in the universe."

Well I have a butter knife and I am about to get medeival on this bagel. Elias tells you that your liberal nancypants go feel yourself downtempo track isn't needed here. Kinda. It starts out fast with spacey pads and a cat quick bass line. Melodies tumble from the sky in a frenzy and just when you think it's balls to the wall the break comes. And what a break it is as effects soar across space and colorful nebulas of melody drift by. It ain't long before he whips you around with some real hyper-speed stuff to close it out.

I didn't have to go through this track by track to review it, but I'm here to educate and entertain. Taken at face value evry track has super speed melodies, outer space effects, and well placed samples. His style is to give you some (like a 2nd date) and then give you a break. But the break is a set up for a change in melody. It clings to a heavy science fiction vibe the whole way through. He truly is the master of nitzhogoa. I enjoyed the crap out of it and hey if you want to shoot an autographed copy my way I won't be mad at ya. So if you like your Nitzhogoa sans cheese (and I know you do) then this is for you. For those that are not into the genre with both feet, it can get a little samey as it's full throttle all they way. Might be too much for you to handle.

Not me though. I eagerly await his third album.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Saiko Sounds

Mdk

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...