Deeply melanchonic tracks

radi6404

You know what I mean, let's here what Neurogen has to say about it, especially about how tracks can be sad and melanchoic, altough they only use happy scales even without black keys?

The black keys have nothing to do with it. A tune in A minor need not use the black keys but can still sound sad, for example.

Guest neurogen

Neurogen, you are very ignorant and think what you sa is right. with melanchoic I mean sad and thoughtful, if you think Oforia - Timelessness is not sad, I am sorry. When you have been told music lessons at your school didn#t they even teach you which scales are sad and which are not? Oforia does not have to use such scales neccessarily, but I am sure in school they have told you about symphonies played in durr and in moll. My theacher explained to me that the moll scale is the one sounding more serious, thoughtful and darker than the durr scale, so if you think goa trance tracks that are closer to moll are happy, you have serious issues and also other people posting here. Do you see spritual healings being close to moll in the use of notes, can you hear that? I can hear the use of only happy notes and scales on spritual healing, so how can it be melanchoic? also the Blue planet corp and Etnica stuff, most of the tracks posted are not moll or with a sad scale, the Oforia tracks for example are. ranswave - Hypersphere for example is a melanchoic track, the notes aren't as happy as on spiritual healings and it sounds very thoughtful "nachdenklich" translated.

So your definition of what is melanchoic and what is happy and energetic is not the real definition, not the definition teachers teach you at school, surely not.

first of all, Minor and Major (i guess thats what you mean when you write DURR and MOLL) has NOTHING to do with if the track is sounding happy or not.

You have totally misunderstood that.

Secondly, i find it very funny that it is you who find me arrogant or even ignorant (which cannot be further from the truth), when it is completely the other way around. Im trying to open your eyes and make you see the errors in the way you think but you are closed up like a box and wont think beyond it.

If a track sounds sad or happy its how it makes you FEEL (because sad and happy are feelings) not if its in Major or Minor!! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Spiritual Healing, after the break when the Piano solo comes in - if you find those notes to be "happy" then its something seriously wrong with YOU not me.

And if you find Oforia to be sad, then you are really really mixed up.

Furthermore I find discussing with you tiresome and annoying, its like discussing with a 5 year old. So i will not invest more time into it.

As i said many posts before - lets just agree to disagree.

Guest neurogen

altough they only use happy scales even without black keys?

I know that exactly you fool, it is the combination of keys which makes it either said or not.A melody with the keys C G and G# wont sound sad for exaqmple altough it has two black keys.

You just contradicted yourself 100%.

the second part of spritual healing is rather emotional than really melanchoic. also I did not say only a minor track can be sad or melanchoic, but it has to do with the keys in a lot of occasions, that is how it is. But if I would play Oforia to my friends they would say it is melanchoic, especially the ambient Oforia stuff. You can#t comapre Oforia to Man with no name for example and other users agreed that oforia is melanchoic aswell, they said nostalgic. So in fact you are ignorant, since allready in this thread users confirmed that Oforia is melanchoic and you want to say that they are mixed up aswell? It is very strange that some users here, not a lot have very different views of what is melanchoic than the rest of the world I know from outside. to anyone I would play Oforia they would say it is rather said and negative, would I play Astral they would say it is happy so I would advice some users here to share their songs with some people who do not neccessarily listen to goa trance and then be confrimed whether it is sad or not.

People are able allready as childs to distinguish between sad and happy, between bright and dark, just like colors we see we are able to say what is sad and what is happy. that is natural, since when someone whines he has some melanchony, whining is not a happy melody, but rather a sad melody, so songs that are closer to the sound of whining can be interpretated as sad and others as happy, that is a very very rough example, but I want to say with that, that it is defined what is melanchoic and what not.

Or would you say to a very cloudy Autumn day with leaves falling from the trees, that it looks happy because you see a flower in some corner of the picture? A lot of ambient Oforia tracks like Oforia soil for example are tracks with rather dark and negative melodies, they fwould fit very well to be played at some dramatic moments in a movie or something like that, but nostalgic is even a better definition like one user said.

I guess you find Shidapu - Vertigo melanchoic, altough it is not melanchoic at all but you find Astral Projection - Aurora borealis a very happy and uplifting track, altough that is some more melanchoic track by them.

Guest neurogen

the second part of spritual healing is rather emotional than really melanchoic. also I did not say only a minor track can be sad or melanchoic, but it has to do with the keys in a lot of occasions, that is how it is. But if I would play Oforia to my friends they would say it is melanchoic, especially the ambient Oforia stuff. You can#t comapre Oforia to Man with no name for example and other users agreed that oforia is melanchoic aswell, they said nostalgic. So in fact you are ignorant, since allready in this thread users confirmed that Oforia is melanchoic and you want to say that they are mixed up aswell? It is very strange that some users here, not a lot have very different views of what is melanchoic than the rest of the world I know from outside. to anyone I would play Oforia they would say it is rather said and negative, would I play Astral they would say it is happy so I would advice some users here to share their songs with some people who do not neccessarily listen to goa trance and then be confrimed whether it is sad or not.

People are able allready as childs to distinguish between sad and happy, between bright and dark, just like colors we see we are able to say what is sad and what is happy. that is natural, since when someone whines he has some melanchony, whining is not a happy melody, but rather a sad melody, so songs that are closer to the sound of whining can be interpretated as sad and others as happy, that is a very very rough example, but I want to say with that, that it is defined what is melanchoic and what not.

Or would you say to a very cloudy Autumn day with leaves falling from the trees, that it looks happy because you see a flower in some corner of the picture? A lot of ambient Oforia tracks like Oforia soil for example are tracks with rather dark and negative melodies, they fwould fit very well to be played at some dramatic moments in a movie or something like that, but nostalgic is even a better definition like one user said.

I guess you find Shidapu - Vertigo melanchoic, altough it is not melanchoic at all but you find Astral Projection - Aurora borealis a very happy and uplifting track, altough that is some more melanchoic track by them.

Haha no I dont find any shidapu track melancholic - . - Wtf dude comon. Aurora Borealis is a wonderful track. Neither happy nor melancholic. It just is.

It is quite melancholic to my ears. What rocks one's melancholy is quite complicated, I think.

Quantum-It Never Ends

Album: Outrage (Yoyo Records 2007)

From the same album I found 'When You See The Light' very nostalgic/melancholic.

From the same album I found 'When You See The Light' very nostalgic/melancholic.

The whole album has a somber undernote. It was suggested to me by Gyro of Portalalca Party fame, but it didn't do well. I read at the time that many moving-hands-up-in-the-air people didn't like the blue feelings behind the tracks. A pity, it's a good album.