moar Electric Universe

Guest neurogen

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most overrated psy artist in my humble opinion, especially the old tracks, i wonder how come people could get crazy over tracks like "online information", "luna overdrive", "electronic pulsation" especially at a time when the best goa trance was produced by Astral P, Hallucinogen, Chi-AD, Dimension 5, Power source, Cosmosis, Prana, MFG and so many others :) just my 2 cents.

One of the most overrated psy artist in my humble opinion, especially the old tracks, i wonder how come people could get crazy over tracks like "online information", "luna overdrive", "electronic pulsation" especially at a time when the best goa trance was produced by Astral P, Hallucinogen, Chi-AD, Dimension 5, Power source, Cosmosis, Prana, MFG and so many others :) just my 2 cents.

agreed, he had his moments with the oldschool, as well as the side projects, perosonally i loved cosmic experience in 2004! and the space tribe collaboration, which both being the full on sound,

much better artists back in the day

Guest neurogen

Of course there were better artists.

But he had a very nice hypnotic repetative sound none the less.

Even if u only listened to him very seldomly.

Drunken thread starts ftw....

Top Monster. One of the goa trance definitions.

His old masterpieces will rock always.

It would be interesting to see his oldschool creativity transferred into modern sound technology, even with his old creations never sounding outdated.

I love the ultra repetitive style of his early stuff

Many dislike repetiveness, but when it is done with sound-depth creating atmosphere, and not flat or soullessly, then is highly psychoactive.

I love the ultra repetitive style of his early stuff, like Neutron Dance and One Love, other faves include:

True, if the sound is good I don't mind at all. One love is great.

It would be interesting to see his oldschool creativity transferred into modern sound technology,

I would say cosmix experience released in 2004 is a perfect example of that,

or am I getting your statement wrong.

Imo cosmic experience is one of the best morning fullon releases ever made.

considering now he is a dubstep artist, i wouldn't waste your energy typing!

Not entirely,

His new EP is called psystep but it's a combination of typical morning fullon and some dubstep moments...

I had a quick peak and most of it is still morning fullon.

and nothing new by the way.

After cosmic experience they reached their hight considering fullon imo.

And should accept that it's time for something different, it's very repetitive...

So I understand the dubstep idea, liking it is something different :wacko:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcCi6oQ378U

• 2 weeks later...

One thing about early Boris Blenn material is how deep the grooves are, with such sparse arrangements. Evolving acid line + basic percussion + uplifting pads = trance magic.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrrwcoO0OSk

that is true, the groove on his tracks is just insane and a lot of people who did not listen to goa trance or are no main goa listeners always confirmed that his tracks are great,

Over the years I have noticed that there have been a lot of tracks which I love a lot where created by Boris Blenn. His side project endroa, I have been amazed when I saw that that is Boris Blenn aswell. Or the side project Rainbow spirit. I don#t even think most tracks are repetative, there are repetative tracks but also some that are not very repetative. Joy is not a very repetative track but it is extremly good, In my opinon and no only mine boris Blenn was the definition of Goa trance, since he wrote some of the best melodies of all goa trance and he created some of the most moving forword tracks, tracks that have a deep feeling inside and really tell a story. Feelings as euphoria, love and other deep feelings awake after listening Stardiver, Sunset Skyline, Joy or Galaxia ot name a few only. The ambient tracks he released are generic indeet, but they are incredibly good.l

One of my favorites is still "love is not a crime"

It has again that typical melodic pattern drive, that some describe as repetitive, which I can understand.

But it has this motivated tune that I can resist.

At the end boris uses some unique spacy tunes that I adore and would love to see more often in goatrance (they start @ 6min)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjL5fbKKE6k