Absolutely desperate for tunes as similar to these ones as possible!

ollylovesgoa

I have posted a thread with Parnophelia in before, maybe a year ago, asking for reccomendations, but unfortunately none of them were similiar to the track. I want the really oldschool, soft synth, hypnotic techno aesthetic! I'm desperate for it because Parnophelia is one of my favourite tunes but apart from Stella I've heard nothing like it.

@ Rotwang, very nice tunes indeed, i've listened to the Alice in Wonderland Remix a few times recently, but unfortunately I don't think these tunes fit the description. The Alice in Wonderland mix is far too modern and the Biosphere track is not quite emotional enough in its melody. Thanks for the response though.

@Ormion, I can see why you posted the track but I found it probably too trippy and acidic. Parnophelia and Stella are more in the vein of classic trance and techno again with emotional melodies, and are relatively simple in their compositions, I also emphasise their lightness and soft aesthetic, while maintaining analogue sounds.

Thanks for responding however, I do appreciate it!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0WTvW3pRVM

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZpkhpfecwg

I have posted a thread with Parnophelia in before, maybe a year ago, asking for reccomendations, but unfortunately none of them were similiar to the track. I want the really oldschool, soft synth, hypnotic techno aesthetic! I'm desperate for it because Parnophelia is one of my favourite tunes but apart from Stella I've heard nothing like it.

ah yes you're talking about very early trance, this is the stuff that made Sven Väth famous as a DJ back in the days, you should look at stuff released by Eye Q records, especially the Behind The Eye comps.

I am also a big fan of Stella track.

The first track also indeed sounds like Stella to me.

But none of the other tracks suggested sound close enough! They just do not share the same spirit if so to say.

I have found that people nowdays unfortunately are not careful enough to listen the others.. and they just do not have the ability due to the internal laziness...

And I have found the very true similar track! I have found it very occasionally. I purchased a single CD because of another track and this one was a bonus, but this bonus was priceless!

It is even not on youtube.. Somehow people do not value simple things...

Here is the name:

Three'n One - Down in the hole

PS. If you can't find it anywhere, I can copy it from CD, encode and upload somewhere..

I am also a big fan of Stella track.

The first track also indeed sounds like Stella to me.

But none of the other tracks suggested sound close enough! They just do not share the same spirit if so to say.

I have found that people nowdays unfortunately are not careful enough to listen the others.. and they just do not have the ability due to the internal laziness...

And I have found the very true similar track! I have found it very occasionally. I purchased a single CD because of another track and this one was a bonus, but this bonus was priceless!

It is even not on youtube.. Somehow people do not value simple things...

Here is the name:

PS. If you can't find it anywhere, I can copy it from CD, encode and upload somewhere..

lol like no 2 tracks are EXACTLY the same, if you want a track that sounds exactly like Stella then listen to... Stella ;) Also, mind you that that was a time when arists actually prided themselves in being ORIGINAL as opposed to today's world where you have to sound like other people to get a record deal...

I'm not talking about sounding exactly the same of course, but about about something close to the meaning of these words:

- sharing the same spiriting

- being on the same wave

- talking about the same thing (musically)

In other words, I can compare it with dressing up. Many of the dance scene people dress like hippies or, not to be offensive, but really close to clowns in the circus. They might look really different to each other: this one has a feather in the hair, another one has a respirator on his face, the third one is dressed in a cosmonaut's suit... But they all share the same, you can say style, you can differentiate them from others into one separate group.

While there is another group. They are dressed very accurate and simple, but with high tech lines. Just a several colours for each person. Or maybe even one color and semi-colors.

Though there is a whole rainbow available, this group is very small. Somehow people do not appreciate simple things.

The author of this thread found deep blue and light violet ones for example.

I am adding one - green, but it is all dressed in exactly the same style.

Moreover, I consider this small group to be much more valuable than the other "messy" ones! And do not see anything wrong, and of course an absolutely right right to gather the whole palette of colours in it!

I'm not talking about sounding exactly the same of course, but about about something close to the meaning of these words:

- sharing the same spiriting

- being on the same wave

- talking about the same thing (musically)

In other words, I can compare it with dressing up. Many of the dance scene people dress like hippies or, not to be offensive, but really close to clowns in the circus. They might look really different to each other: this one has a feather in the hair, another one has a respirator on his face, the third one is dressed in a cosmonaut's suit... But they all share the same, you can say style, you can differentiate them from others into one separate group.

While there is another group. They are dressed very accurate and simple, but with high tech lines. Just a several colours for each person. Or maybe even one color and semi-colors.

Though there is a whole rainbow available, this group is very small. Somehow people do not appreciate simple things.

The author of this thread found deep blue and light violet ones for example.

I am adding one - green, but it is all dressed in exactly the same style.

Moreover, I consider this small group to be much more valuable than the other "messy" ones! And do not see anything wrong, and of course an absolutely right right to gather the whole palette of colours in it!

well... I kindof get what you're saying... and I don't understand why you'd consider my Eye Q records not similar enough? They share basically the same "formula", where created around the same time by artists who are friends, featured on the same comps and played by the same DJs, how more similar can it get? lol

PS Space Tribe clothes are the best :P

ok, one last attempt lol

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfysuVhFlRw

well... I kindof get what you're saying... and I don't understand why you'd consider my Eye Q records not similar enough? They share basically the same "formula", where created around the same time by artists who are friends, featured on the same comps and played by the same DJs, how more similar can it get? lol

The Desire track is the most close, but still, very far to be of the same style IMO!

All the tracks your provided here are from the more "lighter" group. It's like take the dress the author of the topic wants, then make it transparent, very light by weight and add some colourful flowers on the top. It might be good for it's own purposes, but it would be another group already!

The dress will loose it's strength and would not be applicable anymore for the original purposes.

I believe, the key word is "hypnotic" here. All the tracks you shown are too multi-layered to remain hypnotic.

I, myself, was also looking for about exactly the same kind of tracks. Also from the GOA genre.

And everywhere I was asking for suggestions, same situation: people post tens of suggestions, which they consider to be very similar from their perspective, some people saying like "take any track from that era and it would sound similar" and other things which, again, from their perspective makes sense.

But as I said, people are too lazy to realize, or, better to say, to put themselves into a position of a seeker...

And if they would, they will realize how unique this "hypnotic" tracks actually are!

To the author:

There are 2 more tracks I can suggest, but from the GOA side. They are on the border with GOA and techno, but could be surely classified as "really oldschool, soft synth, hypnotic techno aesthetic":

Afrotrance - Spiritual Energy (can be easily found on youtube, Eye Q records)

Disco Volante - Chameleon

The Desire track is the most close, but still, very far to be of the same style IMO!

All the tracks your provided here are from the more "lighter" group. It's like take the dress the author of the topic wants, then make it transparent, very light by weight and add some colourful flowers on the top. It might be good for it's own purposes, but it would be another group already!

The dress will loose it's strength and would not be applicable anymore for the original purposes.

I believe, the key word is "hypnotic" here. All the tracks you shown are too multi-layered to remain hypnotic.

I, myself, was also looking for about exactly the same kind of tracks. Also from the GOA genre.

And everywhere I was asking for suggestions, same situation: people post tens of suggestions, which they consider to be very similar from their perspective, some people saying like "take any track from that era and it would sound similar" and other things which, again, from their perspective makes sense.

But as I said, people are too lazy to realize, or, better to say, to put themselves into a position of a seeker...

And if they would, they will realize how unique this "hypnotic" tracks actually are!

To the author:

There are 2 more tracks I can suggest, but from the GOA side. They are on the border with GOA and techno, but could be surely classified as "really oldschool, soft synth, hypnotic techno aesthetic":

Afrotrance - Spiritual Energy (can be easily found on youtube, Eye Q records)

Disco Volante - Chameleon

LOL you make all these remarks on how they should sound similar and then post 2 tracks that are like light years away from the original 2 picks?? lol

but anyway, no use arguing here, if the author of this topic finds your picks similar enough then good for you guys ;)

I warned that the last 2 suggestions are more from the GOA side, but they do indeed share the same "hypnotic" spirit and are very unique from all GOA tracks.

The way you are surprised to see them here might help others to realize what actually the author wants.

IMO these 2 tracks even being form the GOA side are much close to the search than all the other suggestions.

And, not to get it lost, I repeat the very exact match:

I warned that the last 2 suggestions are more from the GOA side, but they do indeed share the same "hypnotic" spirit and are very unique from all GOA tracks.

The way you are surprised to see them here might help others to realize what actually the author wants.

IMO these 2 tracks even being form the GOA side are much close to the search than all the other suggestions.

And, not to get it lost, I repeat the very exact match:

Three 'N One - Down In The Hole

arrrghhh you made me look all over the web for this track only to find it has as much in common with Stella as a horse has in common with a rabbit. Guess this is what they mean when they say that each person's perceptions are different... ah well, if you find that track to be similar to Stella then maybe you should look into the techno genre rather than trance?

maybe this then?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fWgabtFOLM

Three 'N One - Down In The Hole

arrrghhh you made me look all over the web for this track only to find it has as much in common with Stella as a horse has in common with a rabbit. Guess this is what they mean when they say that each person's perceptions are different...

Strange what you are saying.. To me it sounds almost identical to Stella. On my CD it plays somewhat slower than on the video though which makes it even more hypnotic.

Let's see what the topic starter will say.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0WTvW3pRVM

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZpkhpfecwg

These are very well-known old tracks.

Anyone who makes something too similar to these will quickly be accused of copying.

There are other old-skool inspired tracks though. Are you familiar with Brian Kage's Thinner 056 "Eight Ways" EP?

@ Lemmiwinks, thank you very much for your contributions, some of them were close in atmosphere, such as Icon - Desire (Icarus Mix) (although probably a little too fast and pounding), but the Virtual Symmetry track - See You was by far the closest, really lovely track that i've been repeating for a while. I would say it has been one of the only succesful matches i've had for this type of sound and i'm very thankful, it's so soft, so beautiful and heavenly :) Exactly what I was hoping for, do you know of any other similar tracks now you've pinpointed my request?

I'm familiar with the other tunes such as Hello San Francisco etc, all amazing and classic tunes that do fit the description that i've stated, but aren't specifically the sound I'm craving, although i'm aware i'm asking for other tunes with sounds so similar to my tunes that, as you said, I may as well listen to Stella! :P

@deepXcode, I agreed with some of what you said on principal, such as the hypnotic aspect of these tunes, but I think you were focusing more on the percussion, whereas I was more interested in melody and the softness and joyousness of the sound as well. The tunes you posted were too dark for my specific request, and without enough melody. Afrotrance's tune is an example of this, as well as the Three'N One Down the Hole track, very beat driven, not euphoric. (Still very enjoyable nontheless, I just mean in regards to this topic's specifications).

@Procyon, those are all wonderful tunes that I will listen to extensively for sure, but they don't particularly match my specific request! I really am being very specific I know, but those tunes are too psychedelic for my requirements, the first and third are more like ambient in my opinion (lovely ambient) and the middle is too harsh and fast. Thank you for adding your input though :) .

@needleninja, yeah i guess they are very well known, it's unfortunate that others didn't follow that style though, I could happily listen to a whole subgenre of this particularly soft and blissful early techno / trance, and I wasn't familiar with Brian Kage until I just investigated his EP, and I do really love it! At first I could hear its age, it's really oldschool detroit influences on the beat, but the soft and joyous synth is there, and the dribblings of sound effects are lovely. Very nice find, not exact, but very nice indeed! Thank you :) .

Thanks everyone for their input on this most important task :P .