HUNAB KU WHATS THE VERDICT?

technosomy

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm alone but I think this is not good at all. It's on the verge of euro-trance and the melodies sound simple, there's little emotional value to them. The psychedelic fx factor is always kept to minimum, almost to the point I feel these are hurried tracks or some sort of sketches.

I reckon that Oopie,

I listened to it some days ago and it sounds a bit cheap.

At the end I was glad the album was over.

The remastering is very sharp and the waves are thin.

it's not what I'm looking for when I listen to goatrance.

Like I said above, some spirals are ok but it's not good enough.

It annoys me at a certain point.

A little comment, Hunab Ku is a rare CD and this reissue is to be blessed, for a limited amount of time and for a little amount of money you get a classic, small chances are you won't like it and the mastering sounds right. I am surprised articunt didn't express his rage about this elitarian music being available for the masses.

A little note on prices: everything pressed in Japan will have a different price. I think you are all too used to pay for a CD 10 eur, which is an incredibly cheap price for an album, in the 90s the price for a cd was the equivalent of 20 to 30 eur of today, calculating the cost of living (actual conversion would say 10 to 15 eur but that isn't a proper conversion) and back then a CD pressed in japan was around 40 to 50 eur so by all means something that costs 18 eur from japan is extremely cheap.

Now, some of you may live in poorer country but please don't insult the Japaneses for their prices, that is the way it is.

Same as is an extremely good price 35 eur for Ubar Tmar 3CD.

End of my rant, as I am sick to read people commenting how expensive these discs are, please STOP, if you cant afford it I am sorry but just don't buy it.

A little comment, Hunab Ku is a rare CD and this reissue is to be blessed, for a limited amount of time and for a little amount of money you get a classic, small chances are you won't like it and the mastering sounds right. I am surprised articunt didn't express his rage about this elitarian music being available for the masses.

A little note on prices: everything pressed in Japan will have a different price. I think you are all too used to pay for a CD 10 eur, which is an incredibly cheap price for an album, in the 90s the price for a cd was the equivalent of 20 to 30 eur of today, calculating the cost of living (actual conversion would say 10 to 15 eur but that isn't a proper conversion) and back then a CD pressed in japan was around 40 to 50 eur so by all means something that costs 18 eur from japan is extremely cheap.

Now, some of you may live in poorer country but please don't insult the Japaneses for their prices, that is the way it is.

Same as is an extremely good price 35 eur for Ubar Tmar 3CD.

End of my rant, as I am sick to read people commenting how expensive these discs are, please STOP, if you cant afford it I am sorry but just don't buy it.

agreed, and anyone else who can't afford a cd, or doesn't have paypal, don't come asking for favours, i have now been ripped off by 2 people from this forum, and both have never paid me total now is 100 euro i am owed.

by right i should plaster their name over this forum as a warning to others, and i was going to, but......... have now come to the conclusion that they are the ones who have to live with what they have done, and if they don't have a conscience about it, you are no longer a friend of mine!

you know who you are! :angry: :angry: :angry::(

Guest neurogen

agreed, and anyone else who can't afford a cd, or doesn't have paypal, don't come asking for favours, i have now been ripped off by 2 people from this forum, and both have never paid me total now is 100 euro i am owed.

by right i should plaster their name over this forum as a warning to others, and i was going to, but......... have now come to the conclusion that they are the ones who have to live with what they have done, and if they don't have a conscience about it, you are no longer a friend of mine!

dude, its your duty to tell us who the scammers are, or more ppl will be scammed by them.

you dont want that do you`?

that's evil :(

dude, its your duty to tell us who the scammers are, or more ppl will be scammed by them.

you dont want that do you`?

it's word against word, and have seen it happen on another forum,

it became a huge flame ware,

and the money wasn't paid after all,

who is going to admit in public? 200 procent sure, no one will!!

ok, just read my post and as you can see, got me at a sensitive time

like i said this is the second time this has happened, the person currently in question, is someone you all know, but i am hoping he may have had a brain aneurysm, or car accident, 2 of the few excuses he may have as why i havn't been contacted or paid in 4 months.

i have lent money to alot alot of people on this site and been paid back by almost all of you in good time, and have been quite happy to be able to help make purchases happen at times when it wouldn't be possible.

i may at times come accross as a hard ass, but the few who do know me, know different.

situation sucks ass, i bake bread for a living, even though, it's the second oldest profession, and a rewarding career, doesn't pay top dollar.

i am sure the person, wouldn't atempt to do this again, but leave this as a warning, to anyone who considers doing so!

what does this have to do with hunab ku????????????

fuck all except i think it's awsome, and thank god for the music!

makes these kinds of needless situations, slightly more bearable

That really sucks to hear technosomy :( fuck all dishonest people! They should be ashamed of themselves... Anyway, just to clear things up...the reply I made earlier in this thread was a joke because I thought manuser's sentence to be funny (with the light...). I have lived in Japan myself and know for a fact the cd prices there are higher than most places. The labels can't do anything about that, as there are a lot of things that are more expensive down there (people earn more too), so complaining about the price is a tad ignorant.

Veracohr, I don't mean to insult anybody but if you simply think it is too expensive, you can keep it for yourself maybe, there is no need to spread bad vibes saying "it costs too much" because actual label owners could be reading this and think you are actually saying "they are greedy" which is not what is happening here. I just think is pointless to answer in a thread with a comment on the price which may be read or understood in different ways.

• 2 weeks later...

I think music is priceless and if an artist works for years on a single product it has every right to be worth what the artist deems suitable.

considering that it's a limited release makes $23 not sound so bad

Veracohr, I don't mean to insult anybody but if you simply think it is too expensive, you can keep it for yourself maybe, there is no need to spread bad vibes saying "it costs too much" because actual label owners could be reading this and think you are actually saying "they are greedy" which is not what is happening here. I just think is pointless to answer in a thread with a comment on the price which may be read or understood in different ways.

I must have missed notification of a reply.

I wasn't trying to "spread bad vibes", I was reacting to your comment that "the price is right". I doubt I would have said anything if I hadn't seen a comment I completely disagreed with. I don't think my comment was any more pointless than yours, and neither really matter. If you or anyone else chooses to take my comment about a price personally, I say godspeed. I'm not going to feel bad, because my opinion doesn't apply to personal feelings, it applies to business matters.

Business-wise the price was right. This is one of the most sought out Goa albums ever, very little copies circulate around of the original release. The limited quantity and heighetened price are very reflective of this, then again as has been noted, pressing in japan seems to be very expensive.

And now back to discussing the music, and not the price! I think it's wonderful and am grateful that I am able to experience this gem in a remastered version. At first I was a bit skeptical because the melodies and overall trackstructure is a bit samey on most of the tracks, but that's compensated by how euphoric yet deep they sound. Great morning stuff!

Mastering is done very well in my opinion!

It's not my favorite music, although I'm a big D5 fan and it has a lot of similarities, but the idea behind this music is very nice: very deep, hard, low, 'dark' (not in the way of dark psy ofcourse) kick&bass in combination with very emotional, high, trance melodies. It makes me think of a combination between heaven and hell, sun and storm, things like that.

Thanks to the mastering, both the high,emotional melodies and the low, hard, dark kick&bass come out.

About the artwork, I prefer the old artwork actually, because I like that style of old covers... The new one is a weakened version of the old one imo.

And about the price, I bought the blue and the clear edition, and had to pay 20 euro's extra because something with the customs here in Belgium... The guys from Amakusa recs sent it as a commercial shipment what resulted in taxes...That's real shit... €18 + €18 + €20