Light goa Trance

radi6404

Can you name me all light goa Trance you can think off? usually light Goa Trance is more psychedelic and deeper than the heavy Goa stuff. The heavy goa stuff has lots of emotion in the tracks. lots of euphoria or melanchonie, which the brain and the listener can use for a strong emotional state he wants to achieve emidiatelly, it is listened very well when you are alone or with headphones, because heavy goa trance is not usually osme music you want a lot of interruptions, Astral Projection is not that heavy though. you canlisten to heavy Goa trance with friends ofcourse while the music is at the background and still enjoy it, but an interruptless listen will give you the full insight to the musi.

Light goa Trance however you can listen with friends in the room and it wont direct you to one extreme of feelings or the other, it will give you a lighter direction, which however will be stronger and much deeper, that is why I love light Goa trance, but there is way too little light Goa Trance out there, that can give you very deep emotions. Light Goa Trance does not have repetative or heavy melodies that go deepinto your stomach, it is light and has light but psychedelic melodies, I am looking for tracks like

Hunab Ku - Chorridors of chaos - A very very awesome track, one of my alltime favourites and a very intelligent masterpeace, when it comes to light goa tracne. It is a brilliant very deep Goa Track, yet it is light, the other Hunab Ku stuff is similar.

Paul Van Dyk - I can#t feel it. couldn't believe my eyes when I listened to this and opened the player to see what a nice track is playing. this is also like Hunab Ku the definition of light Goa Trance, a very light, yet bit melanchonic and enojoyable Goa Trance track, which is better than many tracks by real Goa artists. Paul van Dyk is commercial, but he is a maste and has doen a lot of good stuff in many genres.

yhea that are the two examples that came to my mind, can't think of other tracks right now. If you want to mention Sundog, his stuff is not light enough for me and has strong emotional impacts in his tracks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is light because the emotional impact is not that strong, the atmosphere is not as euphoric and aggressive, the speed is not very fast, the sounds choosen are not very harsh and the baslsines not very strong. The Hunab Ku track has a light bassline just like the Paul Van Dyk track.

Have not listened to Hunab Ku, but here are the suggestions according to what you have described:

Doof - Secret Sun (Sunbeam mix)

Doof - Sunsrhine

Bypass Unit - Cruiser

Bypass Unit - Shanti (there may be more by Bypass Unit)

Paradise Connection - Portamento (one of my all time favourite, may be over emotional though).

Rainbow Spirit - Smooth Elevator (may be more by various Boris Blenn projects)

I love Boris Bleen and Portamento is a great track, however it is not as light as I described. Also all other side projects by Boris are classics by themselfes for sure. the doof stuff is light and yet psychedelic, however it is not as light as the Hunab Ku for example or most Aban Don tracks. Crystal is a very light sounding track, yet very psychedelic. State of Mind however is more normal sounding. There are also other examples of whom I can't think right now.

Your description is relatively difficult to follow because of the inherent subjectivity of music, but I think you're talking about Goa with a lot of space in the tracks, and is largley just trippy sounds. Here are the tracks i've interpreted as being good according to your description:

Juno Reactor - High Energy Protons

Gumbo - The Quickening

Ominus (All Tracks)

The Infinity Project (Feeling Weird Tracks)

Hmm, perhaps you are looking for the upliting side of Goa, imo. I just happen to have this old cd here, perhaps it's what you want:

The Hypnotic Goa Zone (Hypnotic Records 1999)

Ziax - Calamity

Ex-Sample - Trip 2 Goa

Whonic - Insight

Futurax - Collision

DJ Roy - Time to Ride

D-Ex It - Lightning

Criozonic - Conviction

Steam - Loneliness

Mach - Crystal

Amenia - X-Cella-8

^

To me, some of those are not 'light'. Like X-Dream: not that I've heard everything they've made, but it's all pretty heavy to me. Most ambient (psybient) is almost the antithesis of 'light'; it tends to be very heavily emotional sounding. But then again I don't listen to a lot of that, so perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about. Most Chi-A.D. is very emotional, and progressive tends to sound 'serious' to me, even if it's not 'emotional'.

Besides, the question was regarding goa in particular. Not everything remotely connected to psytrance.

^

To me, some of those are not 'light'. Like X-Dream: not that I've heard everything they've made, but it's all pretty heavy to me. Most ambient (psybient) is almost the antithesis of 'light'; it tends to be very heavily emotional sounding. But then again I don't listen to a lot of that, so perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about. Most Chi-A.D. is very emotional, and progressive tends to sound 'serious' to me, even if it's not 'emotional'.

Besides, the question was regarding goa in particular. Not everything remotely connected to psytrance.

Yeah I was thinking of layering when I replied and artists I'd play so as not to excessively overwhelm a social situation or new listener. The initial request is a bit of a strange and difficult request to me as it's so personal, subjective and situational. Heavy I think Pleiadians, light I think MWNN. But MWNN could also be heavy to me and Pleiadians light in other ways and other times. Anyhow, I never really listen to anything to not bring about or resonate with a strong feeling. Regarding the GOA in particular request, you are correct there I did give examples that span genres but for me personally I rarely think of genres and categories when listening to, thinking of or suggesting music. Anyhow I edited my initial post based on my "erroneous" response to prevent any further discussion and/or "controversy" as a result of. :) Jon

Check out the album of Darshan "awakening" it is dark, atmospheric, very controlled goa trance, not agressive, except track 4 and the last track. You didn't say if you want dark or not dark, Darshan's album is dark but something unique, nothing to do with the current fast dark psytrance.

For morning light goa trance you should know of course the album of Blue planet corporation "blue planet", tracks like "Crystal", "Alidade", "Atoll"...

Also, tracks like Power source "vorlan" or Indoor "naxus". I really like the Indoor track, so oldschool, so emotional.

and plenty of tracks by California sunshine : "jajo", "travel in time", "shintu shanti"....

Your description is relatively difficult to follow because of the inherent subjectivity of music, but I think you're talking about Goa with a lot of space in the tracks, and is largley just trippy sounds. Here are the tracks i've interpreted as being good according to your description:

Juno Reactor - High Energy Protons

Gumbo - The Quickening

Ominus (All Tracks)

The Infinity Project (Feeling Weird Tracks)

you are partly right, but the Infinity Project tracks for example sound similar, however the meloddies are heavy. I love Infinity Project, but it does not feat to this description.The Hunab Ku track is much different, it is not as deep as Infinity project, yet it is good and emotional. Any similar tracks to that one would be appreciated. The indoor tracks mentioned here are more on the brighter side but in my opinion Indoor is very emotional aswell, it has nothing to do with light and laid back, it is very emotional.

another example of light in my opnion is Pleiadians - Photonic Part 2, it is not as spacey as Hunab Ku but it is very laid back aswell.

you are partly right, but the Infinity Project tracks for example sound similar, however the meloddies are heavy. I love Infinity Project, but it does not feat to this description.The Hunab Ku track is much different, it is not as deep as Infinity project, yet it is good and emotional. Any similar tracks to that one would be appreciated. The indoor tracks mentioned here are more on the brighter side but in my opinion Indoor is very emotional aswell, it has nothing to do with light and laid back, it is very emotional.

another example of light in my opnion is Pleiadians - Photonic Part 2, it is not as spacey as Hunab Ku but it is very laid back aswell.

how about the Nuclear ramjet track i posted above? :)

aquasphere - aquasphere

some aeternum (mescalin)

most bpc

some dimension 5 (mooncake, blue pyramid, tribes of the moon, ...)

some electric universe

ethereal!

gada-gong maybe

indoor

jaia (ibreathing ocean, spiritual drops and eternal ices)

some mwnn (pipeline, skydiving, ..)

new born

soluna - dancing spirit (fairy tale mix)

shaolin wooden men maybe

space tribe

Thanks for the many responses by the way, I am wondering how I recieved so many responses in such a short time. I will check that stuff out, however light Goa Trance is rare so it is difficult to find. Adrenalinum Drum is not bad for light Goa Trance by the way.

You might also want to check out Antares. He has some light stuff as well as heavier stuff, but the light stuff is really laid back sunny sunday afternoon goa trance imo.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZOZCdog3D0

The thing you said about

usually light Goa Trance is more psychedelic and deeper than the heavy Goa stuff.

I find kind of strange thing to say though. Surely this is very subjective? You see, to me the heavy goa trance a la Pleiadians (just to name a chliche) or Psychaos can be much more psychedelic and deep than for example BPC's crystal, which I think is one of the most beautiful laid back tracks there are. Anyhow, that's just how I feel about it.

Guest neurogen

Blue Planet Corporation - Crystal (THE definition of light goa?)

Human Blue - Protonica and Dream Creator (VERY similar to above in style)

Aural Planet - Luv's Frequency Spectrum (Massively psyechedlic but very light still)

Although great, I dont see how that Hunab Ku track is "light goa trance" . I guess our definitions are subjective. I find that to be very agressive goatrance. Awesome stuff though.

The Antidote - sunrise has nothing to do with light goa Trance. It is very deep in my opnion and puts you ina direct and intense journey. it is not a track you can play azt the background, cause it raises your emotion emidiatelly, not light at all.

neurogen

I don+#t have a clue where you live, but I guess in a country much in the north. since your definition of Hunab <Ku being aggressive, especially Corridors of Chaos and the other tracks on that album makes not senc, look, in my opinion aggressive Goa trance, and others have said that aswell is,

Astral projection - Live on mars

Astral Projection - Searching for UFOs

Astral Projection - Visions of nasca

MFG - Experience

MFG - Why

MFG - We are the mashines

Psychaos in general is a bit aggressive, but extremly good.

And the mentioned Hunab Ku tracks are not aggressive at all, they are light and great for background listening, Blue Planet Corp is a bit lighter indeet, but not a lot.

The definitions of being emotional, aggressive, deep, dark and so on are very strange in this forum anyway. Goa trance lovers that I know in real life or on Facebook describe things differently. For example they would classify most Astral Projection tracks as "emotional", like they really are. They would classify Blue Planet corp or Hunab Ku as light and they would classify Boris Bleen as emotional and straight forword and euphoric, But they would not classify Hunab Ku as aggressive.