Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Astrix

Title: Stars on 35 EP

Label: HOMmega Productions

Date: August, 2012

1. Gayatri - Astrix & Deedrah

2. Flashback - Easy Riders (Ace Ventura & Rocky) and Symbolic

Astrix ((Avi Shmailov) has had quite the career in psychedelic trance and has been holding it down since his debut Eye To Eye in 2002. Sure he might've strayed into commercial waters from time to time, but what cannot be argued is the sound quality of his compositions. Big bass and kick coupled with soaring melodies. This is a short 2 track EP which continues that trend. Gayatri sees him team up with fellow veteran Deedrah for a nice track with good effects. Soft arpeggios materialize out of the ether and it's almost progressive in nature.

Flashback- "Every LSD experience is unique."

Stop me if you've never heard a full on track with drug references. It's not bad, but it's just another droplet in a tsunami of like minded tracks that we've heard a million times before. It's a little harder than the first one, but nowhere near as appealing.

While nowhere near the best work he has done, the first track was worth the listen. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

Beatport

Mdk