dark acidcore that sounds like dark psy

Lemmiwinks

ok, in my quest to find the ever-illusive tracks that really do it for me at a party (and related to my post on tekno), I have stumbled on some more gems, but as always I have like no idea on the track name or the exact genre which is REALLY frustrating cause that means that I don't really know where to look :( So, maybe this kind of music rings a bell to someone around here?

Basically I have found these tracks that sound pretty much like acid core but veeeery atmospheric, like dark psy with a heavy distorted kick instead of the fast bassline that's caracteristic of psy. I actally find this to be even more powerful than dark psy (of course, the fact that I've been listening to dark psy for years and that this is new probably has something to do with it ;) ). Anyway, I can't get enough of it lately and would really like to know where to find more tracks like this (and share my findings with you guys ;)

http://youtu.be/hXDXwgY7spU

IMO it doesn't sound like darkpsy.

OK, obviously it doesn't sound EXACTLY like dark psy but IMO there are many dark psy elements in there like the dark atmospheres, the fast melodies on top, also a bit of an oldschoolish feeling due to the 303s IMO.

here is the whole set BTW (although it ranges from this kind of atmospheric acid to "plain" hardcore):

http://soundcloud.com/frankyjones/franky-jones-escape-to-acid-29-09-12-luik

ok, in my quest to find the ever-illusive tracks that really do it for me at a party (and related to my post on tekno), I have stumbled on some more gems, but as always I have like no idea on the track name or the exact genre which is REALLY frustrating cause that means that I don't really know where to look :( So, maybe this kind of music rings a bell to someone around here?

Basically I have found these tracks that sound pretty much like acid core but veeeery atmospheric, like dark psy with a heavy distorted kick instead of the fast bassline that's caracteristic of psy. I actally find this to be even more powerful than dark psy (of course, the fact that I've been listening to dark psy for years and that this is new probably has something to do with it ;) ). Anyway, I can't get enough of it lately and would really like to know where to find more tracks like this (and share my findings with you guys ;)

Sounds like hardcore to me

I agree with needle ninja, it sounds really close to hardcore to me.

Anyway, the craziest acid core track i have ever heard is Pete Skank - Stay in bed forever

That's a VERY sick and hard track.

Also of course you probably know Solar quest - Acid air raid even if i'm not sure it is what u're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neurogen

acidcore is very good.

Its intellectual and insane at the same time.

Although please dont drag my beloved Solar Quest into this... They are pure Acid Trance :)

Thank you. <3

Finnish freeform should be your salvation. For example...

I really recommend getting all of VA - Hakkapeliitta. Will list some more tracks when I have time to dig.

Finnish freeform should be your salvation. For example...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsKw32zfzcw

I really recommend getting all of VA - Hakkapeliitta. Will list some more tracks when I have time to dig.

FUCK YEAH!!! This is what I like about this forum: just when you think you everything there is to be known on a subject, someone comes over and shows you that you still have a LOT to learn ;)