prog4all

Posted Image

Artist: NOK & Ritmo

Title: Multistop Remixes

Label: Blue Tunes Records

Date: 10-11-2009

Style: Progressive Trance

Tracklist:

1. NOK & Ritmo – Multistop (Original Mix)

2. NOK & Ritmo – Multistop (E-Clip Remix)

3. NOK & Ritmo – Multistop (Ectima Remix)

4. NOK & Ritmo – Multistop (Flegma & Nerso Remix)

5. NOK & Ritmo – Multistop (Zyce Remix)

6. NOK & Ritmo – Multistop (Sven Snug Remix)

7. NOK & Ritmo – Multistop (Aerospace & Emotive Remix)

So in case you don't know the original, it's absolutely amazing! The first time i heard the Multistop track, I fell in love with it. It sounds smooth and fresh. If you were to show someone an example of progressive trance, that would be it. Very suitable for in the morning time. Not much later I discovered an entire remix album, remixed by the leading artist of the progressive scene. Just imagine how excited I was for this one.

When you think things can't get much better, E-Clip comes in. He applied his powerful sound to this song, making the baseline heavy while having echoing melodic background effects. It's the typical E-Clip stuff, he always knows how to make things just a little more interesting. One of my favorite remixes. Next is Ectima, that represents a sort of tech progressive sound. This duo exist out of Zyce and Flegma, pioneers in the progressive scene.They did it once again, making the track much different formed in to the Ectima style. It can be described as much darker with a different approach on handling the bas. It works just fine and it's nice to see what kind of things you can do with one track.

Flegma & Nerso's turn! I would have to say that together with E-Clip's remix this has to be my favorite. The track is way more melodic and they have created a perfect balance between the smooth feeling of the original track and the hypnotic and atmospheric sounds they are bringing in. If theres a song that can bring me in to a trance state so to say, it's this one for sure. Just perfect!

Well if someone knows how to create melodic sounds, it should be Zyce. This guy made me float away and drift of that many times, it should be illegal. I must say though, I have listened to better tracks of him then this one. Still there's not much wrong with it. Not so heavy as the last tracks, but a lighter take on things can't hurt either. Sven Snug's version is much different than the original. A bit more of a playful approach I would say, but it works and I'm drifted away just as easily. Nothing wrong with this remix. Last is Aerospace & Emotive and it's surprising that again the song takes a total different turn. Almost like the original track was meant to be remixed after hearing all of this. This version is not my favorite but it works fine.

Serbia has a fair share in this release and those guys almost never let me down. Highly recommended!

Links:

http://www.beatport....-remixes/201230

http://www.bluetunes-records.com