InnerSpace ‎– InnerSpace

Sideffect...

daom. i think y'all need to sit down, roll a big fat fatty, push play on Inner Space, crank to LOUD, light said bitch up and dance (not analyze, or think) just DANCE baby!! Wiggle them hips, stomp them feet and smile like a muthafukka - that's kind of the effect the music is supposed to induce no?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some people listened to goatrance to much,

and now want changes,

but I guess they should accept that goatrance is goatrance,

and they should self reflect their listening behavior.

The problem is not is that artist should change the music

if listeners overloaded themselves with goatrance to much

so they can't appreciate newer releases that much, that's their mistake.

If you you drink 1 liter coca cola all day long,

and the taste starts to get boring after some years,

you don't ask to the producers to change the taste of coca cola don't you?

You start drinking something else. You or they shouldn't haven't drink that much cola ;)

To me it's that easy like that. I don't listen to goa that much cause I know otherwise

new releases sound dull because goatrance sound dull entirely.

It's a pure economic thing.

Good advise listen for a while to some other music, like mentioned above,

that's what I do to keep goatrance a live in my ears.

it keeps me from complaining and I'm glad with that perspective.

I follow many other music genres and compared to other music genres

the concept goatrance/psytrance has created more subgenres and more variation

then any other music genre over the last 15 to 20 years.

Reggea is still the same, metal is still the same, acid(house) is still the same etc.

Some don't know what they are complaining about.

But it doesn't frustrate me, I understand, I used to listen to goatrance to much too,

and made the same mistake but nowdays I keep it for the perfect moments and mood,

so it keeps alive.

Still everyone is entitled to his opinion, just saying I and other have been there.

It's more up to you then the artist.

Goatrance is what it is and will be (i hope) still the same in 10 years and longer.

Peace :)

Guest neurogen

okay...

I agree with all of you! Its wierd I know. But I actually do.

None of you are correct - and none of you are wrong.

Magical discussion here if you actually think about it.

Philosophical as Fuck :)

at the end of the day (damn i HATE that expression) Music is Music - subjective and entertaining. Some like some dont.

I agree though, that this very release the Topic is about - is average and generic. Its still not bad though, and I hope Innerspace continues his Musical Journey, maybe the masterpiece will come in the future. I think the talent is there, just that he needs to invest much more time into each track to make each track special.

I think some people listened to goatrance to much,

and now want changes,

but I guess they should accept that goatrance is goatrance,

and they should self reflect their listening behavior.

The problem is not is that artist should change the music

if listeners overloaded themselves with goatrance to much

so they can't appreciate newer releases that much, that's their mistake.

You really like to oversimplify things, don't you? :)

I listen to all kinds of music, starting from almost all types of psychedelic trance (old-school goa, new-school goa, minimal, dark, progressive, full-on, etc) through psy-chill & down-tempo, various EDM (e.g. Warp records, FSOL, The Orb, Orbital, Underworld, Photek) to assorted jazz/funk & rock music (currently going through Pink Floyd phase :)).

Am I entitled to have my say on state of neogoa now? ;):D

And if you somehow say that listening to a lot of different music allows you to appreciate all of it at the same level - regardless whether it's good, average or bad - then I rest my case. It's completely opposite for me - thanks to broader experience I now have it's easier for me to tell good releases from bad ones more quickly. But if you're easily pleased and "any goa" equals "good goa" then so be it, but allow others to make their own choices...

[i'm through with this topic, sorry Innerspace for doing mess out of it - not your fault]

Guest neurogen

ok.

i went from WOW to MEH after a few listens, now I actually am leaning towards WOW again.

Hear me out..

When in the special mood, this CD is PERFECT. Since it has minimal and repetative melodies, hypnotic and deep driving basslines, and tons of delay all over the place, creating that special feeling some artist do.

This is overall always excellent in my book, as it fits perfectly the style of trance i especially love.

However for a CD to be great in my book, all the tracks cant just sound the same... therefor the "meh".

But to my point then.. its perfect when for example cleaning the house. When doing repetative stuff like that this is perfect.

Also, its perfect in pitch black darkness at very very loud volume.

Sure, most goatrance fits into this category, but I find this one to be perfect. It doesnt distract you from what you are doing, at the same time what you are doing doesnt distract you from the music.

Thus making it perfect for sex :D Yes. Im not talking about rabbitfuckin at 145 bpm. No, im talking about lovely sex, whatever ur into, and this playing in the background at preferably very loud volume - thus creating that magical, hypnotic, atmosphere - which like i said - doesnt distract u from the sex - but the music still fondles your mind and creating that Psychedelia and special atmosphere. Making the sex feel even more awesome. But it have to be pitch black, maybe some UV lights or candles, and preferably ur coming home from a party, and preferably ur under some sort of mild influence so your state of euphoria is still pretty raised. Not that I do that anymore, but I can imagine it beeing twice the awesome.

And you can switch out sex for pretty much anything "repetative" like cleaning, dancing, playing videogames, running, riding train, etc.

So yes, thank you Innerspace, you created a CD PERFECT for these moods.

Sorry for inconsistent and lousy english, its not my native language and i barely have time to type as im thinking at the same time.

And you can switch out sex for pretty much anything "repetative" like cleaning, dancing, playing videogames, running, riding train, etc.

:lol:

This is true they are all kind of repetitive. Unfortunately I never had sexual interactions with a girl that could actually appreciate psytrance, always more in to the commercial stuff. But you make it sounds very appropriate. :lol:

• 1 month later...

InnerSpace - Inner Space (self-titled)

Suntrip Records

1. Mental Stream
2. Rising
3. DeepFlight
4. The Ground
5. Below
6. Surface
7. InnerSpace
8. Lost City

For starters, the intros are solid.

Mental Stream, The Ground, InnerSpace, and Lost City are all great tracks IMO. Below, Surface, and Rising are solid too. I like the ambient notes in Rising; they add character and help distinguish the song from the others. Surface starts out dark, intriguing, and unique.

One of my gripes is that the same synth lead in The Ground appears to be the same sounding lead in Surface. Just listen to it. They're VERY similar sounding. A wider range and usage of sounds would be helpful. Filteria's work really evolved for the better once Jannis transcended his general/similar sound starting with the album, Daze of Our Lives (2009). Also I'm not a fan of Deepflight. Not much happens until 7:00 forward. But then it gets really good! I just wish that it was less monotonous (more engaging) before the infectious evolution. The others tracks hold my attention throughout.

This is good debut that has some great tracks. I don't care for Deepflight as said above, though it gets better in the end. If an album sounds drastically different each time you hear it, you probably need to hear to it more. That is the case with this album for me. It's a zippy, fun, occasionally intense/edgy, and energetic, sleek vehicle. It's not really uplifting or down lifting, but determined which is one of my favorite things in Goatrance. I like how it's not all sunshine and pretty colors. The album has a strong and driving nighttime feel to it if that makes sense. It's nearly perfect to hear at night! Hopefully the artist(s) expands the sounds in the sequel and makes it even more enigmatic and wondrous. I really like this album overall. Well done!

Favorite tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

B+

• 5 weeks later...

This album is pretty good on its own, but I got it the same time as Mindsphere, and I find the two fairly interchangeable, with Mindsphere having a slight bit of an edge ahead.

Good songs for going in a mix, or in a compilation like the one on Shaltu, but listening to the whole album they start to smear together for me and nothing stands out.

• 1 year later...

I was pretty hyped around the release for this after the great title track on shaltu, but this "album" sounds more like an EP with a track that has a bunch of versions/remixes. I understand the idea behind releasing the album, the guy has a great unique sound and decent melodies but I can only say "too early" as far as the album goes. There is a serious lack of variation. Tracks 2-6 sound exactly alike with different tempo and arrangement. The lead synth is the exact same on all of them. If it was up to me I would just throw away tracks 2, 3, 5 and 6 and keep 4 as I feel it's the best out of them. As far as the other tracks go, track 7, which already appeared on Shaltu, is a proper stormer with great buildups and melodies. 1 and 8 are also respectively good, the first one sounds a lot like Radical Distortion but with innerspaces production and a bit softer sound, which I like, and the last is a nice downtempo ender.

So in my opinion this album misses 4 tracks hence "too early". To give a better idea, I'd give 2/5 for the album and 4.5/5 for the 4 track EP.