Artist: Suria

Title: Frequalized Universe EP

Label: Digillize Records

Date: June, 2012

1. Soul Harvest

2. Frequalized Universe

3. Rox Box

4. Pure

Holy sh*t this was boring. If someone goes to take a crap and leaves the sequencer running, does anyone hear it? Is this the same guy? How do you go from acid laden twilight stompers to comatose minimal? And when it wasn't totally boring it was just generic full-on. A time machine is the only answer, but you went too far sir. Too far and set up shop in snoozeville. When Logical Evolution came out waaaay back in 2004 it was fresh and powerful and just what the doctor ordered. But this...this must be how dogs feel when they arrive at the vet to get neutered. Powerless. Lots of crying.

Just a sad day for everyone. Don't worry dude...we'll find you. Even if I have to do nothing to do it.

Beatport

Mdk

I beg to differ. Despite my thread about posiltive-only reviews, I am going to contest you here. I think Suria released a great album - The Dark Side of The Sun - that took him to stratosphere in 2006. It is one of the best full-on albums ever. I saw 10 of his albums just vanish in front of my eyes in minutes in the local Tower Recrods, he was invited to play in the legendary Blue Moon party in Nagoya, in Diamond Hall, a very root party that had a very high-end crowd. After The Dark... he moved into other area, progressive, if I am not mistaken. His fans (me included) felt disappointed, for his full-on style had gotten fans from around the world. I think Frequalized Universe is a return to the same The Dark...style. I fell in love again with his work, his full-on tracks are one of the few I play in our lounge bar and mix it with goa keeping the good mood. I liked all 4 tracks, but "Pure" is insanely trippy.

I rate it 10/10.