Etnica - Live 96 [DAT Records - DATCD004]

Hello dear forum followers, I am pleased to announce the fourh release of DAT Records: Etnica - Live in Athens 1996 - 2CD

Etnica need no introduction: they have been storming the dance floors all over the world for two decades now. Innovators since the very beginning, they inspired many producers and are considered to be leaders and among the best artists ever in the Goa Trance realm.

The release of this live set is something that was very much needed, to signal to the world how epic a live performance can be. On that night of the 12th of October 1996, magic was created, a wonderful set was recorded, and it is now ready to be broadcast to the world. As a bonus track for the first disc, we have the magnificent Time Dilation, in a beautiful Morning Mix courtesy of Etnica, that will surely deliver a smile on your face for its eternal beauty.

The second CD features a selection by Draeke of Etnica’s best unreleased productions, spanning 1995 to 1998, their golden years. Prepared to be teleported into another era, where analogue synths were kings and where the group used samples wisely to weave stories into fantastic multi-layered tracks.

All in all this album is a must-have, a historical document from an era where digital production was still unknown and where the music was created in its purest form. The tracks have undergone significant re-mastering and restoration, as the DAT tapes where the music was kept were not in the best condition, so they are now available in the best possible sound.

So sit back and enjoy Etnica’s timeless melodies. All the classics of the band are included in this release - you have no excuse to not like this opus. Have a safe ride!

Posted Image

Disk 1 - Live in Athens 1996

1 Etnica – Intro

2 Etnica – Plastic

3 Etnica – Floating Universe

4 Blue Planet Corporation – Antidote (Etnica Remix)

5 Etnica – Nice Toys

6 Etnica – Vimana

7 Crop Circles – Lunar Civilization (Etnica Remix)

Bonus Track:

8 Pleiadians - Time Dilation (Etnica Morning Mix)

Disk 2 - Best Of Unreleased

1 Etnica - Mankind

2 Etnica - Electric Shower

3 Etnica - Rotating Fields

4 Etnica - Fluorophilia Camps Bay

5 Etnica - Blinded Moon

6 Pleiadians - Jungle Trax (Etnica Remix)

7 Etnica - Mental Puzzle

8 Etnica - Phthalic Vibes

Compiled & Selected By: Draeke

Artwork By: Totemical & Mars

Mastered By: Analog Dimension

Special Audio Restoration of "Mental Puzzle" By: SeeWhyAudio

Distribution By: Arabesque

Digital Distribution By: Record Union

Release Date: 7 December 2012

Audio Samples Online!

Draeke

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mastered and restored by: http://www.analogdimension.com/

They are working on the tracks but from the preview I heard it is really promising, if that track can't be fixed 100% by them I will ask this guy that I know: http://www.seewhyaudio.com/

He is the guy that restored the LP of Charanjit Singh.But I am confident Analog Dimension will do the job properly.

You should know a lot of people tried to fix this track and the results were not really up to what i expected. In due times I will post an extract of the errors. Cheers!

mak and all you guys, thanks for the nice words. It is comments like yours that make me go on, it has been a very long ride, and I have always been fascinated by the incredible music that this world has to offer, so I will continue with my mission for as long as i will be able to :). But it is your support that will let me go on, share the news, like the page on facebook, talk about it.. the more promotion i can get, the better and you will contribute to the continuation of this great history. Bless you all!

Psyhoe? What do you mean with no other versions of Maia? This is a Etnica release...

There IS a remix of Maia, but that will be released in the future, but believe me this release is as solid as a rock as it iS!!! :)

And what do you mean with digital copies in good quality? This release will be physical and digital as usual

Hey, Draeke, thats great news! I wish you the best with this release.

Havent heard the live recording and these 3 tracks from 2nd CD:

Fluorophilia Camps Bay, Jungle Track (Etnica Remix), Mental Puzzle

And what kind of Pleiadians release is psyhoe talking about :D?!

Hi reger, you won't be disappointed all these tracks are from the 90s ;).

During my researches in Ibiza appeared multiple takes of known tracks, some never heard before and some remixes, I did chose what in my opinion is the best between the unreleased material.

Electric Shower exists in many different mixes but I came to the conclusion the one that I chose will deliver properly.

Mental Puzzle is known as Monkey Business in the P2P networks and circulated since the late 90s, but the DAT version is much better, richer in sounds and with more details.

The remix of Jungle Track is something to hold your breath... you will hear.

And Fluorophilia Camps Bay is another discovery, never circulated anywhere, its a great track too.

Ciaoooooo!