Etnica - Live 96 [DAT Records - DATCD004]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a strange order from someone from Aland Islands, this man did not give me any surname or email and furthermore he did set the shipping to world and that's a mistake since those island are part of Finland, so please, if you are reading here, send me an email and also just pay by bank transfer 18 eur and not 22.04 :)!

I understand your needs to be anonymous, but I do need an email and a surname. And it won't be published anywhere. Thanks for listening!

download didn't work for me, came up as text file?

doesn't matter anyway, will keep it for surprise

One player software refused it, another accepted. There may be some file corruption or nonstandard encoding involved but I didn't dive very deep into the problem yet. I think it's just tracks 1 & 2 in a merged MP3 so you're not missing any huge secrets. Personally, I'll just wait until I can spin the whole disc(s) in full quality for a proper gig experience.

Thanks for the support. The mp3 file was created like this: I joned track 1 and 2 of the liveset in Audition and then saved it in mp3 @192 kbps.

WinAmp reads it fine and so does WMP and VLC, These are the software I use and that I tested it, I know there are gazillions players out there but it should have been an universal compatible playable mp3 I guess..

Nonetheless, ENJOY, soooooon to be shipped :)

Did you work on true audio material or on the mp3 that were floating around.

shows up as 100% CDDA in audiochecker, and i've converted them to mp3 and back to flac and then it gave the 95% MPEG classic mp3 indication, so the quality is rock solid 16bit audio :) and the volume is a bit reduced in shadow dance so it's perfect for mastering, also no clipping in both tracks, but i will have to normalize down rotation fields to -6db to get it properly ready.

with attention to certain details such as a maximum loudness of +5-6 dbs, which is what was back then.

back then and today, at least for me and many other mastering engineers. -6db is the perfect compromise between reducing peaks to create a bigger compressed spectrum and keeping everything still detailed enough, still depends a little on the original mix's spectrum (how the track was originally mixed) to determine the perfect volume for a mastering job.

It looks exactly like a 1996 release should.

Remember to swap two tracks in the listing, get the durations wrong, and glue the LP stickers on wrong sides. Then it's precisely like a proper 1996 release. :D

hehe, this man has a point! :D

_

audio sounds awesome, better than many vinyl releases and cd tracks of before (esp plastic, which only had a vinyl release right?) :ph34r: power of pre-order is compelling me :ph34r:

surely one of the nicest things to happen in goa trance land this year! maybe the mayans or aliens or barbara streisand will turn up on 7th dec already! :D

cover art is perfect to me, reminds me of their legendary appearance in the andes!

Hello Everyone, thanks for all the pre-orders!

Due to a strike in Italy couriers have not been delivering last week and therefore I haven't received yet the retail CD. Arabesque did though and other shops may already have the CD for sale, or will have it in the next days. I will receive my copies one of these days, probably tomorrow or Wednesday. The minute the discs arrive, they will all be shipped. Packs are ready with printed addresses and all of that, so don't worry, you will get it as soon as possible. These were unforeseen cause of major force and are totally out of my control, I haven't seen the pressed CD yet myself, unfortunately, imagine that! Hold tight, they will arrive soon! :)

Dont worry, Ill be waiting patiently, as long as it arrives before Christmas, Ill be fine :P! Were all be fine I presume :D!

Im sure the rest who ordered directly from you wont mind either, its better to support you directly by buying DAT releases directly through you and not some other middle man ;)!

Dont worry, Ill be waiting patiently, as long as it arrives before Christmas, Ill be fine :P! Were all be fine I presume :D!

Im sure the rest who ordered directly from you wont mind either, its better to support you directly by buying DAT releases directly through you and not some other middle man ;)!

Yes exactly.... +1!

Yes Fede, i heard about this... all will be fine as this track states:

cheeeers!!

That's the spirit, THANKS, I feel the pressure of many customers that rightfully are asking me, where is my CD? Well all I can say is "in transit" I don't have them myself so nobody can have them I guess and yes you bought it for me and you did good, with the private sales I can recover half the huge investment I did to release this.

Now since You are all waiting the 6th at midnight (i.e. when it will be the 7th already) all will receive a download link so you will be able to listen to the music,see the complete artwork, write reviews and share your thoughts and whatnot. And the CD will arrive, that's for sure. I really wanted You all to have it before everyone else and I am phoning each and every day the pressing plant + the courier to find out when can I expect them.

I don't know why the pressing plant used 2 different couriers to ship my packs. So one delivered (in the UK) while the other didn't (in Italy).

This is probably the last backslash of the Mercury retrograde and all the voids of the moon we passed because of the alignments taking place in our solar system in these times.

Finally, I am sure you can cope with this and enjoying the music will be hopefully cool enough :)