Etnica - Live 96 [DAT Records - DATCD004]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mastering was the part that I followed in details and after testing a lot of possibilities I found someone that worked under my specifics, with attention to certain details such as a maximum loudness of +5-6 dbs, which is what was back then. Then I asked to bring out all the tiny details of the tracks and the result is beyond my expectations. Some tracks are showing some details that I have never heard before, and trust me, I do know these etnica tracks like my pockets. I also want to mention that the restoration work on Mental Puzzle was enormous and I can't thank enough Colin to make it happen, that track is sacred to me for some reasons and I am almost crying for the joy of finally unleashing it to the mass. :)

Guest neurogen

Mastering was the part that I followed in details and after testing a lot of possibilities I found someone that worked under my specifics, with attention to certain details such as a maximum loudness of +5-6 dbs, which is what was back then. Then I asked to bring out all the tiny details of the tracks and the result is beyond my expectations. Some tracks are showing some details that I have never heard before, and trust me, I do know these etnica tracks like my pockets. I also want to mention that the restoration work on Mental Puzzle was enormous and I can't thank enough Colin to make it happen, that track is sacred to me for some reasons and I am almost crying for the joy of finally unleashing it to the mass. :)

im really happy for you, i can relate exactly to that feeling of something reaching and going beyond expectations!

And trust me, we all appreciate everything that DAT does for us!

<3<3<3

It looks exactly like a 1996 release should.

Remember to swap two tracks in the listing, get the durations wrong, and glue the LP stickers on wrong sides. Then it's precisely like a proper 1996 release. :D

Yeah, you can really hear it, it's THAT crystal clear. Absolutely amazing job. I'm so glad these tunes will be blasting people's minds once again, this time on a slightly more regular basis :D

Samples sounds awesome, thanks a lot Draeke and to all involved for bringing such a great music and vibes in super quality, but I must agree with Penzo, artwork indeed looks poor and without an epicness which should be featured in my humble opinion with this release. There is awesome Etnica totem, and I like the idea with black-white transition on the Totem, it represent the idea so well, but other background details and font work isn't somethin that fits that much with the music. I've checked artwork designer portfolio and I was amazed how much great works he made earlier and I was expecting a little bit more regarding the visuals for this CD, but overall, I'm happy and I'll support this release.

draeke

Thanks for all the nice words :)

The original artwork was different, this is how the band wanted it, after multiple edits. Originally there was a different totem rendered by the artist.It is final, but I like the contrast between the background and the totem itself, it says: it is oldschool but remastered, so in a way it is also modern, and that is what it says. Right now I am still waiting for the rest of the graphics.

I hope to send everything to the pressing plant soon!

:)

Well !!

1/ I dislike the artwork (sorry for Totemical) ...I'll prefer something as ''The Juggeling Alchemists Under The Black Light'' but it's my opinion... ;)

2/ The live : it sounds really good ! This live ...if I was on the dance floor at this time ! :unsure:

3/ Best of unreleased : Pimpam ! yyouuhhouuu !!! :wub: Goa Vibes inside ! Great to discover new songs !!!

Be proud of you mister Draeke !! :D

So, for the next time, I want the same with Pleiadians !!! That's right ! For april (my birthday !) > you'll in holidays...after ! ;)

Thanks again for this release !!!

Hello Paradox!

U have no idea about the copyright agencies bureaucracy... that is what is delaying me now.

Hold tight though, as there is nothing that I want more than send this baby to the pressing plant. But we are getting there and I am considering 2 different pressing plants, very soon I will know where it will pressed, when it will be delivered to distribution and therefore the official release date. Unfortunately till then I can't say when. If all goes well it will be December, November impossible. it still needs to be pressed and artwork will possibly be finished this week, it is in the hands of Fabien Mars for a collage and some tuning up. The only finished thing is the remastering which took a very long time :)

Some good news, legal issues solved and pressing plant ready, as soon as the artwork is finished, which could be this weekend all is good to go :)

Hello Paradox, well the CD will be pressed in 1000 copies, there is always the option of repressing, if needed. The artwork is very good and the inside parts will be very interesting, you will see, the booklet is now of 12 pages! There were a lot of last second additions and mars is working on finalizing it right now.

The vinyl pressing will be real only if at least 250 people will pay for it in advance, I cannot invest or risk in anything that it won't be a sure thing, so basically it will be a commission job, so even if you are not interested it won't compromise my future as a label!

cheers!

And we have it...

Ladies and Gentlemen, today Mars completed the Artwork, Analog Dimension sent me the image files ready for the pressing plant, I sent all the promotional material and I asked for an official release date. It should be at your local shop the 7th of December 2012. Just in time before the Mayans arrive to party with us for Xmas.

Enjoy!

Guest neurogen

And we have it...

Ladies and Gentlemen, today Mars completed the Artwork, Analog Dimension sent me the image files ready for the pressing plant, I sent all the promotional material and I asked for an official release date. It should be at your local shop the 7th of December 2012. Just in time before the Mayans arrive to party with us for Xmas.

Enjoy!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAH!!

But its still so far away :cry:

At least we get 14 days (math ??) of bliss before we all die in fiery fire

Draeke, AWESOME!

Huge congrats on making this happen!

Mental Puzzle - track Ive previously heard and it was floating around as Max+X-Dream Walk on the Moon?

Fluorophilia Camps Bay sounds like out of this world! Some tracks in this album sound more like Pleiadians tracks, which is a good thing! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

Will this have digital release with e-booklet attached?

X-Dream & Max - Walk on the Moon (which real title would just be Etnica - Walking on the Moon) it is not in this release, it is from 1999 and has a different sound.

Mental Puzzle was previously known as Monkey Business, and no other titles, it is a quite unique track 14:33 minutes long.

I will see what to do with the e-release, so far I don't have a platform that offers digital booklet download but maybe as soon as i have some free time i will build an official bandcamp website to sell releases in packages including full artwork.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

X-Dream & Max - Walk on the Moon (which real title would just be Etnica - Walking on the Moon) it is not in this release, it is from 1999 and has a different sound.

Mental Puzzle was previously known as Monkey Business, and no other titles, it is a quite unique track 14:33 minutes long.

I will see what to do with the e-release, so far I don't have a platform that offers digital booklet download but maybe as soon as i have some free time i will build an official bandcamp website to sell releases in packages including full artwork.

Cheers!

Ah, yeah, thanks for correcting me, mistook one track for another :D!

So, waiting for your release, its going to be the best release in years!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Again!

Pre-Orders have now be enabled, have a try on DAT Records website: http://www.datrecords.it

(Just click on the shopping bag on the left and a popup window will appear, where you can put your data, 100% secure and tested since 3 years now).

Payment can be made through paypal or bank transfer.

I reduced paypal taxes to 2,5% which means I am splitting the cost with you.

As for now I cannot offer any discount for buying multiple copies.

To make it up to you though, I am offering the download of a free track BEFORE the actual release date.

Once the payment is completed the system should give you a code to download it .

Since this is a new feature, please let me know if it works, I sincerely hope so, otherwise I will setup a link on sendspace/rapidshare and send it to everyone who preorders it!

Shipping is set as on the Italian postal rate + 0.5eur for P&P (bubble bags and extra bubbles).

If you want to check it the price rate, it is here:http://www.poste.it/...ieformati.shtml

Zone 1 for Europe

Zone 2 for USA

Zone 3 for Japan & OZ/NZ

As soon as the CD comes in pressed (around 29 of November) I will start shipping them to whoever pre-ordered.

Let it roll! :)