Etnica - Live 96 [DAT Records - DATCD004]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you keep on impressing and delivering, Draeke ;)!

There should be couple of more label owners like you, perhaps then modern full on and other types of psytrance that have become dull and boring would transform into something richer and soulful like the goa/psy of 90s once was :)

Probably their upcoming full-on album.

Can you point me to some link where its being talked about? I havent followed psy or any music closely for the past years like I used to back in the days :)

Can you point me to some link where its being talked about? I havent followed psy or any music closely for the past years like I used to back in the days :)

In this discussion there are some hints at the new album, but it seems you yourself posted in it as well so that's probably nothing new to you.

Then there's also the review of their new EP you might want to check out.

Oh, their(Pleidians) new EP is quite good IMO, much better than anything they have released under Etnica/Pleidians in post-Family Of Light/Equator era.

I believe nothing much and detailed was ever said about their album in that thread :D

EDIT: Etnica's EP on the other hand was boooring!

BTW, their Teknica sounds somewhat good IMO.

THIS.IS.PURE.LOVE Fede!! Thanx for all you´ve done... and will do in the future!! I wish you all the best with this release (i know that you work close with the Mauri and Max now) .. and i hope that there will be more Etnica/Pleiadians tracks released in the future.

My wet dream is the the: I.F.O. Live (DAT, 1997) will be released in the future!!

All the best Fede <3

maybe i should upload some samples to souncloud of my own remasters of shadow dance and rotating fields i'm playing in my sets for quite a while now. since they are all getting released and taken up in the mainstream i guess it won't hurt too much.

Frozen Dream, I'd be curious to hear, is it a remix you made or a remaster of their originals edits? Did you work on true audio material or on the mp3 that were floating around.

Masen, in due time ifo live, in due time ;)... Prepare for etnica live now!! :)

thanks for all the lovely vibes... booooom!

Draeke, when you said prepare for live Etnica now I imagined that youre talking about LIVE Etnica/Pleiadians 90s hit storm playing them reall live as a band at some party in near future B)

You know, given how dedicated you are to this and how far have you been able to go to actually push guys to allow those unrlsd tracks to be released I believe one day you might as well pull it trough as well :D!

Even better, some day, because of your persistence all 4 of them will gather together for one last mind bending album of the universe :D!

*dreams*

But hey, dreams do come true once in a while :D!

BTW, Draeke, your DAT page is still down for me, its already n-th day :(

Frozen Dream, I'd be curious to hear, is it a remix you made or a remaster of their originals edits? Did you work on true audio material or on the mp3 that were floating around.

Masen, in due time ifo live, in due time ;)... Prepare for etnica live now!! :)

thanks for all the lovely vibes... booooom!

i got wav recordings coming from original DAT material (shadow dance & rotating fields), and i've seen that the compression and overall volume level isn't too much (at least in shadow dance) so adding extra dynamics and compression should be possible, i'll use the remaster on mind rewind as pointer for my mastering version :)

Thanks for the info Frozen Dream, yeah by all means upload a preview I'd be curious.

To answer Reger and all the others, there were some problems with my website because I renewed the domain but i forgot to pay the mysql fee and now it's on the queue to be reactivated, sorry.. as soon as is back online I will update the website as well.

Update on the status of the release:

Artwork: is on the make, some first versions were made, we had some talking between me the artist and etnica and we are going forward with a possible "final version",

Mastering: I have Analog Dimension working on the music and SeeWhyAudio making a test repair on Mental Puzzle as well, I will then choose the best version to give to history (this release is getting to be the most expensive cd ever... for me at least)

Pressing: Will be pressed in standard 2CD Jewel case with 8 page booklet (4 in reality) and in 1000-1500 copies. There won't be limited editions this time as I am trying to rush and release before Xmas

Rest: I am preparing promo sheets and all the material, but hang on, it is coming soon!!

Draeke

Guest neurogen

Thank you so much for this!!!

Im jizzing allready from the eargasms.

I especially look forward to the Time Dilation and Antidote!

The pleiadians remix of Antidote is one of my absolute top goa tracks.. so gonna be real interesting this...

Thanks!

Hi Neurogen and all listening, a little update:

Audio Magician Colin @SeeWhyAudio did miracles working on Mental Puzzle and gave me back a jewel, a perfectly sounding track.

Analog Dimension restored Time Dilation Remix and is working on the rest, so I expect to have all the remastered audio files ready in one week.

Artwork is also proceeding well and we are almost there, as soon as Etnica approves the front cover I will post it everywhere.

As for the rest I hope to press it early November and have it on the shelves the first week of December just in time for Xmas, but don't worr by all means I will do all I can to have it out in 2012, I won't wait January.

That said, I also have in mind to release the liveset on vinyl, once the CD is out I will investigate on costs and make a pledge pay to contribute to the pressing, as my finance don't allow me to invest on vinyl, this release cost me thousands already and I really can't bet on vinyl sales, so, If enough people will pledge and actually pay me before the release is pressed I will have it released on a beautiful 3LP at 180gr, 1 track per side, just the live, which is awesome.

:)

Guest neurogen

Thank you so much for this dude... its amazing what you are doing for this culture.

I love you draeke!

And I love you Pleiadians!

I would definitely also buy a vinyl release, which would be a great addition!

If the album release is too expensive, maybe 1 to 2 single releases would be already great. - When I remember old goa trance album releases on vinyl, many lack of sufficient dynamics, as too many tracks were pressed on each side. - In contrast, well pressed vinyl singles with max. 2 tracks per side normally sound much more powerful and easily boost away any CD mix in a club.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I would be really happy if there would be goatrance still released on vinyl these days...

• 2 weeks later...

Audio Samples and Cover Art are online.. take a look at DAT Records website please, and fly....

Guest neurogen

just listened to the samples. HOLY SHIT!

This is really really really good guys. I cant wait for this release.

Sound quality of tracks is amazing, and its just samples!!

Im especially curious about TIme Dilation and Antidote cus those are two of my all time favorite tracks.. and the samples are reeeeally promising..

Dreake my good sir, internet high-five.

Artwork is really cool, but not excellent.

Mental Puzzle came out really good!