Innocence of Muslims

Lemmiwinks

I will tell you one thing that perturbs me: If Islam is a peaceful religion, and the majority of Muslims who practice this religion are peaceful, where is their outrage? Because we in the US don't see countries in the Middle East standing up and denouncing this behavior

look

Posted Image

I feel that the movie is just an excuse; and this anti american hatred has been pent up for a while and is just now starting to be released.

Islamist radicals have a skewed perception of their situation. Its needless to say that bombing and raiding embassies won't improve their economic and literacy problems.

I feel that the movie is just an excuse; and this anti american hatred has been pent up for a while and is just now starting to be released.

Islamist radicals have a skewed perception of their situation. Its needless to say that bombing and raiding embassies won't improve their economic and literacy problems.

yep, Iran has an incredible wealth in oil, it generates enough revenue to have a similar economy to Norway yet most people are dirt poor. But they all seem to point the US for their problems instead of realizing that they have been lied to for decades by some corrupt national politicians who use Islam as an excuse to manipulate them.

yep, Iran has an incredible wealth in oil, it generates enough revenue to have a similar economy to Norway yet most people are dirt poor. But they all seem to point the US for their problems instead of realizing that they have been lied to for decades by some corrupt national politicians who use Islam as an excuse to manipulate them.

So, Arabia Saudi, Quatar, Bahrein........, but for them, USA is not the problem. How lucky also that for USA they are also not a problem........!!!! ;)

Talking about lies. How good is western media compared to......?? you name it!! Because I think we´ve been already hearing a lot of lies in this affair.....

I'm glad to hear the term 'radical moslims'.

There are ten time more moslims that condemn the violence that has been going on lately.

It's a pity we don't here them enough.

They should protest more and show the world that this kind of behavior is not what they want or represent.

Some initiatives are happening like the links posted above what I applause.

It's often the problem also is western society that the majority, "the grey zone" is not heard because they are quiet.

So it looks like they don't exist or approve what is happening around the world right now.

Considering myself I have no problems with the moslim world at all,

On the contrary I have a great respect for those who live a good life by their religion trying to be a good person.

I'm an atheist but I don't judge those who are not.

Then again I watch the news every day, and I have been overdosed with stupid violence raised by that youtube movie,

and I notice in my thought that I get annoyed by the violence more and more and my respect is reducing a bit at the moment.

I'm mature enough to keep my perspective but still it's a shame that my thoughts gets negative influences.

That's why why we need more positive news from the moslim world that condemn the violence cause I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

The media is big part of this!

Freedom of speech means you have the right to say what you want. It doesn't mean that anybody is obliged to provide a platform for you to do so. Be a racist all you like, but do it somewhere other than Psynews (e.g. here).

Freedom of speech doesn't mean what people think it means... it doesn't mean you can say whatever you want without consequence or censorship... there is no place on earth that practices that sort of thing...

Freedom of speech doesn't mean what people think it means... it doesn't mean you can say whatever you want without consequence or censorship... there is no place on earth that practices that sort of thing...

not after 2nd world war I guess...

I havent seen that movie, but its sad when bunch of provocers get such good press in countries where illiteracy is so high and most of protesters(as well as general population) dont even understand shit what are they raging about.

Thats the truth, in normal country with high education level people wouldnt do such attrocities that are being done by muslims or other redneck religious groups world wide.

Oh and let me add, today islam is where christianism was centuries ago, so its sort of going through its natural state of religion maturing, except that its not middle ages anymore, but many of those muslim people unfortunately live in the world that pretty much functions like its middle ages and the only thing reminding you thats its not middle ages is electricity and AKM's/AK47's...

"Freedom of speech" should not mean you violate belief systems, iconic figures, holy books and what have you...

When someone acts to dishonor or negate a whole culture/religion/civilization (solely based on mordant sarcasm), then this is truly violation of speech rather than freedom.

Criticizing cultures, especially those with ancient roots and numerous followers (Judaism, Christianity, Islam), should be banned unless its a criticism based on rational/logical OR scientific approaches rather on aimless ridicule...

Last Temptation of Christ, Innocence of Muslims and other examples do NOT really flaw Jesus or Muhammad...they simply ignite more extremism (mainly based on ignorance), since the core of all religions is one of Peace, Love and Unity...

Any kind of people who put their religious view in front of rational thinking are troublesome, but that is sadly how the world are, and in this regard I see no difference between Muslims and Jews (or any other religion for that matter), if they are fanatic they are acting in exactly the same way, and they are a disgrace for everybody sharing their religion...

Yep. I do think non-religious people can drop all rationalism and commit extreme acts too, but religion sure seems to make it a lot easier, because a lot of churches discourage questioning things (the basis of rational thought).

This damned situation pisses me off. Start with one asshole intentionally trying to insult people, add another bunch of assholes who take it too seriously, bring to a simmer, serve with rice. I especially hate that the U.S. embassy gets attacked, as though the U.S. government has anything to do with this one asshole.

I think part of this is a huge cultural/social divide. In most Islamic countries there is no concept of any sort of freedom of expression or speech. So they sort of assume the U.S. is the same, and that any video/cartoon/etc must have been approved by the U.S. government/leaders.

I havent seen that movie, but its sad when bunch of provocers get such good press in countries where illiteracy is so high and most of protesters(as well as general population) dont even understand shit what are they raging about.

Thats the truth, in normal country with high education level people wouldnt do such attrocities that are being done by muslims or other redneck religious groups world wide.

Oh and let me add, today islam is where christianism was centuries ago, so its sort of going through its natural state of religion maturing, except that its not middle ages anymore, but many of those muslim people unfortunately live in the world that pretty much functions like its middle ages and the only thing reminding you thats its not middle ages is electricity and AKM's/AK47's...

Yep. I think it's more about the cultural, political, and economic situation in those countries than it is about the religion itself. Leaders have always used religion to stir up and anger the masses in to doing horrible things. If you read the texts of any religion they are all pretty similar actually, and have mostly good messages. The difference is how the religious and political leaders interpret those texts (usually to match their own beliefs/prejudices).

Criticizing cultures, especially those with ancient roots and numerous followers (Judaism, Christianity, Islam), should be banned unless its a criticism based on rational/logical OR scientific approaches rather on aimless ridicule...

When you start talking about certain kinds of speech needing to be banned, you get into very nebulous territory. Some will claim one thing violates the ban, some will claim another, then they fight about it, and it's all a big mess. That's why here in the US the courts tend to side with free speech even if it's irresponsible and dumb. Only when it gets defined as "hate speech" do they side with restriction of speech.

When you start talking about certain kinds of speech needing to be banned, you get into very nebulous territory. Some will claim one thing violates the ban, some will claim another, then they fight about it, and it's all a big mess. That's why here in the US the courts tend to side with free speech even if it's irresponsible and dumb. Only when it gets defined as "hate speech" do they side with restriction of speech.

I was thinking almost the same,

where can you draw the line especially when people have to deal with so many different cultures and religions.

It seems an impossible task.

EDIT:

http-~~-//youtu.be/SGI9UevrzGc