Sound Card & Studio Monitors

Hi guys....

I need a sound card and a pair of active monitors.

I'm between 2 sound cards:

M-Audio Fast Track C400

Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6

Witch one is better?

Now, about active monitors, i need something not to take over too mutch space because my workstation space is limited and if it is possible the connections of the monitors not to be from behind because i can not avoid the back wall problem. Also my budget is around 400-500euros (for monitors).

What's up with the weird font background color?

I haven't used either of those interfaces so I can't really recommend one, but I can give some points to consider:

- M-Audio has been making audio interfaces for a while, Native Instruments not as long. M-Audio has a reputation for good products in their price range, Native Instruments I have no idea what their reputation (for audio interfaces) is.

- Those seem like two fairly different products. They have different input options - do you want a certain amount of inputs to record external sources like hardware synths? Or do you only use software and just need the outputs? Also, the Native Instruments comes with various software the M-Audio doesn't. That could be something to consider.

As for monitors, I always like to recommend ADAM Audio, because I love mine so much. Although, in your price range, they only have one option, and they're pretty small and don't extend to a very low frequency. There are probably many fine options in your price range, check Yamaha, KRK, JBL, Tannoy, Alesis. I've heard surprisingly good things about the Behringer Truth monitors. Realistically, most monitors in your price range will be decent enough that the sound coming from them will suffer far more from acoustic problems in the room than the quality of the monitor.

I don't think you'll find monitors that have their connections anywhere but the back. However, ideally your monitors should be angled in so that the point directly at your head. When you do this, you may squeeze out a little extra room for the cables on the back.