InnerSpace - InnerSpace to be released soon on Suntrip! :)

Dear Suntrippers!

After a long summer break Suntrip is back with loads of new music! We have a few releases waiting on you (Mindsphere, Dimension 5, Ra and some more...) but the first one to be released is the InnerSpace album, who you probably remember from our VA - Shaltu! :)

This album is different from our other releases... It is a limited print (300 copies) only available via our site, on certain parties and discogs. :) It will be released within 2 weeks :)

For previews... Have a listen: http://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCDLE01/

The tracklist:

1. Mental Stream

2. Rising

3. Deep Flight

4. The Ground

5. Below

6. Surface

7. InnerSpace

8. Lost City

Posted Image

Well, if we get more darkish old school promos which are super good... We WILL release it for sure :)

Concerning the samples... For me they work normally, but others need to try several times before they work it seems... So well, keep on trying and I'm sure Fabien will solve the problem tonight :)

Sorry, but I don't get it. What's the point in creating artificial scarcity by limiting the release to 300 prints? I don't see what's great about people not being able to get the album because there'll only be 300 printed!?

Background: I'd have loved to get Mind Rewind, but my paypal wasn't working when it was released and when I had things sorted out it was already sold out (as you probably know it was limited to 604 prints).

Most newschool doesn't sell that much or that fast, hence the 300 copies limit. It's not a low number, it's a reasonable number given the sales.

It seems to be different for the re-released or unreleased oldschool CD's such as Mind Rewind, where question exceeds the demands, for now at least. Lots more people willing to buy oldschool appearently. Ah well...gonna buy this Innerspace CD for sure of course, especially the first half sounds good to my ears :)!!

300 is a decent amount for unknown names... Everyone is able to get a copy... i'm sure we won't sell out within 6 months... So the point is we don't want 700 cds rotting away :)

For Ra, Dimension 5, E-Mantra,... The more famous names, we print 1000 of course :)

Thanks for the responses. This seems to be a different case than with mind rewind then... If anyone cares to explain to me what's the point in doing what was done with mind rewind though please feel free to PM me, as it would be offtopic here and i would like to understand the motives... ;)

I would propose 500 copies for a low profile artist's CD.

Afterwards if an album proves to be a bomb and the demand keeps going, made a 2nd print of 300 copies.

And also, made this available to distributors and shops. We're in 2012, don't make our lives difficult by hunting new releases like they are of 1997...

Afterwards if an album proves to be a bomb and the demand keeps going, made a 2nd print of 300 copies.

And also, made this available to distributors and shops. We're in 2012, don't make our lives difficult by hunting new releases like they are of 1997...

There's far too many negative sides to go through distributors. It's really not worth it for small releases like these.

Well, there is no "hunting" involved in any way... The Suntrip shop works EXACTLY the same as Psyshop/Saikosounds/Beatspace, whatever :) you have a credit card or a bank account, and you can buy it :)

And once again, we know where we are talking about, 300 is enough. If it is sold out after 2 months (which I seriously doubt), we will repress, don't worry

The "normal" not limited Suntrip releases will still be distributed by Arabesque, so not much changes anyway!

So... Any comments about the music? :P

I love Innerspace's style, it's very energetic and well thought out. I really enjoyed his track on Shaltu. I do think some more diversity would be nice in terms of sounds, melodies, kicks, basslines. They all sound similar from the samples but it's hard to judge right now without hearing the whole album.

Dear Suntrippers!

After a long summer break we are back with more goa-trance! :)

Today Innerspace - Innerspace is officially released! Who? Yes, innerspace! A new, talentful artist from Germany making fantastic multilayered psychedelic melodic goa trance in the old school style! :) Many of you will remember his (almost classic) track on Shaltu :)

Because this release is the first Suntrip release of a new concept (Limited Edition cds), this is ONLY available via our shop or discogs. So, buy your copy today on:

http://www.suntripre...item/SUNCDLE01/

If people are wondering... Why is there a "limited edition"...? Let's explain: Even though Suntrip experimented a lot with success in the past (remember Ka-Sol), times are harder now. Only the more known names sell 1000 cds these days. So because of that we have limited editions now, who are meant to sell around 300 cds. If one of the cds is a HUGE succes, we reprint of course. This is not a way to make releases more "rare", we just have to adapt to the circumstances. Also, the music of the SUNCDLE will sometimes be less "typical" goa trance :) You like Goatrance with a large spectrum? So do we, and that's why SUNCDLE are for you. :)

Enjoy the music!!! :)

If people are wondering... Why is there a "limited edition"...? Let's explain: Even though Suntrip experimented a lot with success in the past (remember Ka-Sol), times are harder now. Only the more known names sell 1000 cds these days. So because of that we have limited editions now, who are meant to sell around 300 cds. If one of the cds is a HUGE succes, we reprint of course.

That's not what people usually mean by 'limited edition' - the term generally implies that the label will never reprint, independent of demand.

That's not what people usually mean by 'limited edition' - the term generally implies that the label will never reprint, independent of demand.

Good point... :) The chances that we reprint are super small too... But I don't want to be an elite-label of a happy few... music should be available for everyone :) So I guess, limited edition is probably the the 100% right name... Ah well :)

No problems listening to the samples here (using firefox)... and they sound really promising!! Going to order right away! One thing though... why is InnerSpace (track 7) on there?! It has just been released on Shaltu, so seems more like a filler here :( (and a long one too).