Free No-Limit-Music

Blubber

Tech-Funk-Breaks-Hop-Step-Glitch-Dub-Swing-Core-Jungle-IDM and all with a psychedelic edge. Out there's so much funky music to discover that I sometimes surf Soundcloud for hours. I want to post here my discoveries that somehow fit into these categories. Or wait, let's make no limits genrewise here, but edgy and a grain of psy is appreciated (whatever that shall mean). Only one thing: the tracks are free! So it would be nice if you include the download link, that we have a promotional thread for Free No-Limit-Music.

I start with one of the greatest tunes I discovered last year, listening to this regularly and always getting the chill! Style? Can't really describe, it's simply great. For those of you who don't know Tom Cosm - he seems to produce like every imaginable electronic music style easily. Listen loud, light a spliff:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQUTKvwr1M

Download

Homepage

Another great artist I discovered through Soundcloud is Spectral Theory. He's producing mostly some kind of Psy-Tech-Breakbeat-Music. Listen loud, loosen your feet:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7jI3aqO2Hk

Download

Homepage

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tulpa !! You're right, i'm really diggin' Hedflux work. In another thread i linked the track i like most. So i'll add it here. Hedflux labels his music as Psychedelic Tech-Funk and that's exactly how it sounds. Here's a little cheesy track, but after a nice athmospheric intro it evolves into a kickass tune.

Listen loud, clean your room:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicVA3xikm8

Download

Homepage

Well, this track does not really fit to the before mentioned genres - it rather fits in the psychedelic trance section - but since it is a soundcloud discovery and this thread seems to be somehow unattractive i want to spice it up and post Crazy Astronaut's track here. This is fast, energetic and absolutely wicked. Bpm-wise it would be called darkpsy, but i found this the complete opposite of dark - let's say Lightpsy ??!?
Listen loud and get sick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68BrxrawIzA

Download

• 4 weeks later...

I know that Tulaberry is already mentioned in some other threads, but since I love his music he should included here. His music is genre-crossing, melting psytrance, dubstep, minimal, progressive... or like he says himself: "sound can be described as progressive beats, munted basses and cracked out synths, certainly bringing something uniquely chronic to the dance floor". This track here is a perfect example for his definition of psystep - energetic, athmospheric, melodic and definitely unique. I recommend to listen this loud and to morph to it:

Download

Soundcloud

Bandcamp

• 1 month later...

Hypnagog is another moniker of Felix Greenlees alias Terrafractyl and he released a delicious EP on Ektoplazm. This track here is swingish, bleepy, bouncy, funky and - aah, listen by yourself. To me, this is like the soundtrack for a crazy carnival, or for those of you who know the Fusion - try to describe this festival with a track and find a better one. Listen loud, wear your clownsuit:

https://soundcloud.com/adapted-records/hypnagog-carnivale-free-d-l"> https://soundcloud.com/adapted-records/hypnagog-carnivale-free-d-l" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%">

Download

• 1 month later...

This is one of the biggest surprises that I witnessed in this years TV sessions. It was the time of the European Soccer Championship and in the halftime of one of the games there was this Mercedes Benz commercial spot, I think a lot of you who followed the championship might know what I'm talking about. A lot of car commercials have these futuristic shape, cool look and sometimes nice music. So was this. But what I heard left me completely :o. This is the commercial spot, have a listen

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNmlHgUKNXQ

To hear this during one of the biggest TV and Sports Events made me stunning and laughing, considering that a lot of oldfashioned people were following this, living in the 60's and 70's music-wise. A quick search showed that the track was released on a free Mercedes Benz Mixtape, which is unfortunately not available anymore, due to some license rights. I really like this short Dubstep-craze, fitting perfectly to something like a Soccer Championship because of its hymn character. So, here's the full version, listen loud to Audiomachine - Guardians at the Gate (Access Denied Remix) and wobble around:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH_kNJvsoaA

This time I won't give a download link cause I'm not sure how it's the case now with license rights, but I know you will find it easily. But for those of you interested in Access Denied's music, go here. You'll find similar sounds, some also free.

And here the link to Mercedes Mixtape Music Section. I am not surfing around there, but you Indiana Joneses perhaps want it.

You are surprised that dubstep is on TV?

Dubstep is perfect for commercial TV because it is just sound to grab your attention.

It has no political agenda, no subtext, no cultural identity, and no lyrics which would distract from the SELL SELL SELL message of all commercial TV.

You are surprised that dubstep is on TV?

yeah, i was somehow surprised, not that there's dubstep on tv but in that specific case. i don't watch commercials and the german tv channels which showed the championship are not really known for their modern approach or attempts to please young or alternative watchers

Dubstep is perfect for commercial TV because it is just sound to grab your attention.

don't see much difference here to a steady 4/4 beat

It has no political agenda, no subtext, no cultural identity, and no lyrics which would distract from the SELL SELL SELL message of all commercial TV.

can't comment on that cause i'm not into the dubstep scene, but i can imagine that some diehard dubsteppers would disagree with that generalization

anyway, i understand your point, commercials use almost everything to attract whoever, if it will be out of the context doesn't matter. i remember hearing a known goa part in some commercial or tv jingle, don't remember what it was. but to me that doesn't really matter. thing is i really like this short track, use it quite often as an intro, and till now i don't own a mercedes. btw, you listened to it?

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a new discovery, from Dubstep to PsyDub. Christmas time is laidback, at least for the ones who are not running from meeting to meeting or from party to party or are cooking and cooking - that's what my mum did for a lot of years. So, sit back and relax and do what you did the last days or try to come down from your stressful christmas. This is Dubsalon - groovy reggae and roots dubs paired with some psychedelic hints and these typical vocal echo and instrumental parts. So, for sure a lot more on the Dub Side than the Psy Side, this music lets you down and gives you the energy to roll another spliff or to grab after your partners tits. Listen loud and grab or roll:

Download

• 1 month later...

Those who don't know Tron Sepia but like Psystep really missed something, but it's never too late. They released a free EP on Ektoplazm (where else?) and got great feedback. The sound is incredibly deep with thick basses and haunting female voices. If you haven't listened yet, give it a try. Here's a tune from their Soundcloud where they gather all the creative outpout, which covers not only psystep but a lot of other electronic styles but always with a touch of psy. This here might also fit in the category of Psystep, but it has a more dubsteppish feeling while Tron Sepia's musicality still shines through. Listen loud and make a step:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjlexpm_lw

Download

• 6 months later...

Since this thread became something like my blog, I decided to cross the borders of the electronic genre and show you how great a mostly unknown Instrumental-Stoner-Rockband can sound like. Buddha Sentenza are 5 bearded fellows from different parts of Germany who met their creative alter egos in Highdelberg. Living from so-called "normal jobs" the time and money for extensive music making and producing is sparse, whereas their musical output is creative and a lot of fun, full of progressive and psychedelic (if you like these genre tags) retro-rock elements. This track here Kehakeeltekool is from their debut, with a great atmospheric story-telling video from one of the bandmembers. Listen loud and rock on:

Homepage

BTW: Music's free for Download