Samsung is found guilty in case of copying iPhone, iPad.

Procyon

Ohh and you mean blind costumer loyalty?! But I think you are right, that is going to be the main reason it will sell. Btw that kind of poll is also pretty biased when you look at the price ranges that it covers, you would naturally expect a lower score for a company that covers lower entry models, which Apple doesn't... kind of pointless to be honest.

No, I don't mean blind loyalty. I mean conscious loyalty. No one is going to spend $600 on a gadget not knowing what it is like. Apple users are on their second or third iDevice, so they know how it works. Or are first-timers, who have researched a lot before buying it.

I beg to discord, my family now owns more that 10 iDevices, since 2008, not a single one has ever had any problem. I guess we're lucky ;) .

No, I don't mean blind loyalty. I mean conscious loyalty. No one is going to spend $600 on a gadget not knowing what it is like. Apple users are on their second or third iDevice, so they know how it works. Or are first-timers, who have researched a lot before buying it.

I beg to discord, my family now owns more that 10 iDevices, since 2008, not a single one has ever had any problem. I guess we're lucky ;) .

I guess you are. Within our mobile production offices and outside broadcast vehicles, we're using several Pro Macbooks, Pro Macs, as well as Lenovo and Dell Laptops and PCs. Yes, the Lenovos and Dells might be ugly, but there's no doubt which devices can bear the hardships of travelling all around the world, being used in different climatic conditions for very long hours, and being used by many different people with different profiles better. The Macbooks are crashing comparatively often, and we've had to change displays and hard drives on them quite often.

I'm not saying Apple is worse than Lenovo or Dell per se, it's just that there are (working) environments where you don't get very far with an Apple product. Add the bad warranty and expensive hardware/software upgrade/exchange policy (software upgrades causing VERY big problems with highly customized/specialized software running on MacOS) by Apple and in a company context Apple products are often considered to be a no-go.

For everyday users who don't need/want customization/"freedom" they are probably fine, but still, overpriced nonetheless.

@ionized: given your second post comment, I dismiss the first one as fabricated. Have seen this before. I have (had, actually) a customer who whenever he came to our lounge, he would say that his MacBook was so full of problems that he decided to change it for a Lenovo and he didn't know how we could use one at work, let alone use iPhones and iPads (which we use for the music and for business contact), because they were crap, etc etc... One day, he called and said he'd like an estimate for a party for his company, and then I asked him to send me an e-mail with the details. He did send the e-mail, with an attachment that I didn't have the time to open. At night, he came to the lounge and asked if I had received the e-mail. I said yes and as I was washing some glasses, I asked him to open the attachment that I had already downloaded into my MB. My MB was on the counter, and I said it was OK for him to handle it, that I was busy and we would discuss the attachment subject in a few minutes, together . He got pale and out of air. I found it strange, and told him to just open the download file as I knew he was familiar with the OSX, just in his last visit he said that Snow Leopard was not that friendly (I am using SL, that's why I asked him to open it). He stared at the MB and got even paler. I then realised that all along, he was lying that he had owned a MacBook. I think he realised I had discovered his lie, said he would go to the toilet and never again returned to our lounge. Sad, or funny, thing is that some guys who come to our bar, can't help but criticise the machines they see we're using. My boyfriend says it's some sort of anxiety. I guess he's right.

I don't understand what you're getting at...where's the smiley with the three question marks above his head when I need it?!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those are the only two work related pics I have on my cell. You don't believe me that I am working with Macs or what? :huh:

I don't need to make up stories. And that's just a small part of our equipment. The old XServe 26TB Xsan raid (which had quite a few harddisk failures) is just around the corner in another room and was exchanged for a nice Isilon 60TB 10 Gbe storage.

:lol: why doesn't that surprise me...

...and Procyon you seem like quite the blind mac loyalist to me... sorry, no personal pun intended, but I don't read much reflection in your post regarding your view on Apple products. I don't know if you are in defensive mode or what but it's hard not to think that. I have a few friends who were like that before whenever discussing mac products, but most of them have noticed the different shades of grey by now, the apple world is not perfect...

Ohh and you mean blind costumer loyalty?! But I think you are right, that is going to be the main reason it will sell. Btw that kind of poll is also pretty biased when you look at the price ranges that it covers, you would naturally expect a lower score for a company that covers lower entry models, which Apple doesn't... kind of pointless to be honest.

:lol: same here... bad products really.. and shit batteries which was unchangeable!

Oh yeah, this is what I call "deep reflection" before typing. I guess I have a lot to learn from you -_- .

Yes, I agree. You are superb and the most intelligent person I know (deep reflection personality, etc etc etc...) -_- .

Well, let me return to my updating to iOS6, I will return later to appreciate your intelligent analysis of my posts about Macs.

Oh, BTW I have just learnt that the name Drosophila belongs actually, to flies. How interesting it is to learn a new thing every day. Isnt' it?

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Drosophila

I am not speaking to scientists in this forum, I am speaking to the laymen, or casual observer.

I hope that I do not always have to state the obvious here, but it appears that I do.

You mean, "supieriority" as the opposite of humble? As humble as this comment you made?

Good lesson on how not to be "supieror" coming from a humble being -_- ...