Artist: Art of Existence

Title: Art of Existence EP

Label: Spliff Music

Date: February, 2011

1. Art of Creation

2. Welcome

3. Data Conflict

4. The Real World

"When cosmologists look at the night sky the see something strange...galaxies aren't behaving as they should"

Is it just me or does the cover look like a ladies love tunnel?

This is Philip Jidbrandt and Tommy Axelsson (aka, Wizack Twizack) with 4 track EP in the night full-on category. I like Tommy's music, so I thought I would give this a try. Besides he's a friend on Psynews and that's what friends are for. Art of Creation has a sci-fi feel with the acidic backlash that is commonly found in EU tracks. Point for you. Welcome has a growl to it with hi-tech darkness that is right in Tommy's wheelhouse. Delicious as they continue with the EU sparkle synths. Matter of fact if you told me that EU released Mind of God 2.0 I wouldn't have blinked. Two points. The choir pads in Data Conflict secure the atmosphere but this is also a bull in the china shop with Xerox and Illumination Battleship power. The last track, The Real World is a chunky, powerful track with liquid leads and shimmering synths.

I know this is 1 and a half years old, but it's definitely worth checking it out if you are in the market for some powerful dark-full on. Good stuff.

Beatport

Mdk