Infinity - Control Group

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Infinity

Title: Control Group

Label: Iono Records

Date: August, 2011

1. Traditional ways of healing (Remake 2011)

2. Ghost of Sparta

3. Lost in the sunlight

4. Alcoholism

5. Techniques

6. Arkham City

7. Car Accident

8. Control Group

9. From the depths of the underworld

"Chaos will be unleashed."

I've undergone a life change

Posted Image

Dial it back a bit tough guy. But that make up job is stunning.

No nothing so drastic. I'm trying to eat better and work out more. See, I was humbled athletically for the first time. Been a high level athlete all my life, but the class I took at the gym had me feeling every bit of my advanced age. Couldn't even finish it, and it made me realize that my 20's were waaay back in the rear view. Hell, I can barely see the thirties these days. So out with the fast food and sugary drinks and in with boatloads of water, salads, and fruit. Or as I like to call it...my de-Americanization.

This is Nick Karamalakis from Greece with a smooth and flowing debut album of progressive trance. Since it's from Iono you have a better chance of seeing a Cool as Ice sequel than this blowing chunks.

Posted Image

I'm begging you...begging...make this happen.

Until then surround yourself with top notch stuff loaded with floating melodies and drifting atmosphere that has a dark tone to it. Look at the track titles...Alcoholism, Car Accident, From the Depths of the Underworld? Is this release autobiographical? And if so I hope he gets the help that he needs. The phrases seem to go on forever, which I suppose makes sense based on the artist's name. Easy to get lost in and more than once I had to hit the repeat button because my mind was carried away. As is the style of Iono artists, effects ricochet throughout, giving the tracks massive depth. Samples are well placed and not overdone (you know the ones you've heard ad nauseum) and breaks are so full of emotion that you could reach out and touch the streams. Well, Ghosts of Sparta are wet with you know what and Arkham City is rife with Batman samples as one would expect, but for a touch of surreality listen to the samples in car accident. Did he do a ride-along and bring his sampler with him?

So very good stuff from Nick. Very descriptive and he fills every space. Reminds me of E-clip's Shuma. Highly recommended.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Saikosounds

Goa Store

Audiojelly

Juno Download

Beatport

Mdk

• 2 months later...

Excellent album, it really feels like your going somewhere when listening to this. Heavy sounds but still something to drift of with. Indeed it reminds me a bit of E-Clip and Lyctum. Favorite tracks for me are 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7.