the most aggressive, atmospheric Goa TRance

radi6404

so after listening to some Rammstein I almost think his songs are a bit more beautiful than Goa trance, The extreme atmosphere you can hear, the emotions, it is such an alive experience, goa Trance somehow can't give me such an experience. Especially the track "Sonne" by Rammstein is sooo beautiful, it gives me so much warmth, energys, atmosphere, I do not have the words to describe it. Sonne from Rammstein is aggressive, but not overly aggressive, it is very similar to Goa Trance melodywise and I get the same feelings when listening to Goa Trance, howeve sonne gives me those feelings many times stronger I think powerful is the word to describe his music. It is very powerful.

right now I can#t think of any tracks that have that energy and power as Rammstein and especially Sonne, do you know any Goa Trance tracks, that are that strong?

Tracks with a lot of power in Goa Trance for sure are

MFG - Experience

MFG - Illumination

MFG - New kind of world album

Anything else?

When I think of aggressive GOA, Filteria comes instantly to mind. The examples you mention, however, don't sound much like Filteria. I don't think that sound is extremely unique, you might be able to find a similar track or two on a lot of old school albums. Also, perhaps something like Tandu/Pigs In Space?

Tandu and Pigs in Space are not that style of music. Tandu and Pigs in space have odd rythms and melodies, which is not like Rammstein. Rammstein, altough atmospheric is very harmonic, as far as i can remember there is no harmony in pigs in space or Tandu. Oforia is also aggressive, but Oforia is different, it is rather dark adn sad, not like Sonne. But honestly I don#t think there si anything as atmospheric in Goa Trance at all.

it was a friend of mine, who wanted tme to burn him some metall and some Rammstein on a cd for his car. I burn4ed the discs and came accross Rammstein and I could not believe my ears, the atmosphere was so intense, it is like all your sences wake up. But not like Pop, which is euphoric and straight forword, Rammstein is intense and makes the world look better. Some people say it makes you feel free and exactly that is what it does. Rammstein, instead of writting some aggressive and violent metal songs wrote something very beautiful, I am wondering if that was their intention.

I don't think aggressive and atmopsheric go together. Yes a track might be both, but it's kind of rarity. One example I can think of is MFG-Why? or Oforia-Why Not On Mars.

BTW as much I love MFG-Experience I don't think it's aggressive.

and how would you define Rammstein - Sonne? Would you define it aggressive? maybe I should change the topic title. Sonne is somehow aggressive, but not too much, it is very atmospheric.

MFG - Why is excellent and in that direction.

i think MFG are more intense than agressive really.but extremely atmospheric :)

when i think about agressive goa trance there is a few old names that pop up in my mind

Tim Schuldt

B.E.T.H.

Gorlation Corporation

the Grouple Syndrome

Akanoid

ollylovesgoa, the linked videos are pretty good, the Darshan one, I do not dick the Chi AD a lot, it is too loud and distorts when playing. I said above, that I am not sure whether RAmmstein is aggressive or intense, I would put it more into the direction of intense. So which is why I think MFG is not that far away from it.

by the way ramstein is all aggression especially their latest album, i had to pull it off the shelves as people were complaining about the violent artwork, and if you interpret into english alot of their songs are just that

absolutley nothing to do with goa

the older songs do not have much to do with agression, havn#t listened to the later ones though. As a native German speaker I know that the older songs are not about violence or something. They sing about the sun, what is aggressive there? On other songs they make fun of America, in another one they sing about preying, in one song he sings about his mother and so on. There are some violent lyrics there indeet, but not as violent as most metal, like marylin Manson for example, who sings about drugs a lot. Rammstein - Adios, there they sing about nothing is for you, nothing was for you and nothing will be for you forever.

Technosoomy, I have found out that you are a bit narrowmindet, aren't you? You said you don#t like Astral, here you say Rammstein si too violent for you and has nothing to do with goa. If you listen to Rammstein songs you will find many similarities to Goa Trance. The melodies are similar and the atmosphere and feelings you recieve with those tracks are in my opnion pretty similar to those you would recieve in goa Trance. I do not care a lot about the lyrics, since it is how you sing them. But ofcourse you have the right to give your opnion and if you find Rammstein is aggressive it is your choise. I like some of the tracks musicwise.

the older songs do not have much to do with agression, havn#t listened to the later ones though. As a native German speaker I know that the older songs are not about violence or something. They sing about the sun, what is aggressive there? On other songs they make fun of America, in another one they sing about preying, in one song he sings about his mother and so on. There are some violent lyrics there indeet, but not as violent as most metal, like marylin Manson for example, who sings about drugs a lot. Rammstein - Adios, there they sing about nothing is for you, nothing was for you and nothing will be for you forever.

Technosoomy, I have found out that you are a bit narrowmindet, aren't you? You said you don#t like Astral, here you say Rammstein si too violent for you and has nothing to do with goa. If you listen to Rammstein songs you will find many similarities to Goa Trance. The melodies are similar and the atmosphere and feelings you recieve with those tracks are in my opnion pretty similar to those you would recieve in goa Trance. I do not care a lot about the lyrics, since it is how you sing them. But ofcourse you have the right to give your opnion and if you find Rammstein is aggressive it is your choise. I like some of the tracks musicwise.

Sorry for German ;)

@radi

Echt jetzt? Dann hast du die Texte aber nicht wirklich verstanden. Gerade bei den früheren Alben werden meistens Themen behandelt, die sich um Gewalt drehen. Keine Zeit, das vorzukauen, deshalb mal hier:

http://de.wikipedia....hnsucht_(Album)

Zum Thema Drogen...zieh dir mal den Text von "Adios" rein :)

"Er legt die Nadel auf die Ader

Bittet die Musik herein

Zwischen Hals und Unterarm

Die Melodie fährt leise ins Gebein

Er hat die Augen zugemacht

In seinem Blut tobt eine Schlacht

Ein Heer marschiert durch seinen Darm

Die Eingeweide werden langsam warm"

Da wird beschrieben, wie sich jemand eine Nadel (von einer Spritze) in den Arm setzt, die Droge injiziert (bittet die Musik herein, zwischen Hals und Unterarm), die Droge beginnt zu wirken

(Melodie fährt leise ins Gebein), dann voll einschlägt (tobt eine Schlacht, wird warm).

Zweiter Teil des Lieds:

"Er nimmt die Nadel von der Ader

Die Melodie fährt aus der Haut

Geigen brennen mit Gekreisch

Harfen schneiden sich ins Fleisch

Er hat die Augen aufgemacht

Doch er ist nicht aufgewacht"

Nadel wird aus dem Körper gezogen. Dann lässt die Wirkung der Droge nach (Melodie fährt aus der Haut), danach folgt der Absturz (Geigen brennen mit Gekreisch),

das Glücksgefühl der Droge ist vorbei. Als nächstes stirbt die Person, denn "er hat die Augen aufgemacht, doch er ist nicht aufgewacht". Mit weit aufgerissenen Augen

liegt er vermutlich irgendwo, aber die Augen sind leer, die Person ist tot.

Der Refrain

"Nichts ist für dich

Nichts war für dich

Nichts bleibt für dich

Für immer"

zeigt nur das trostlose Leben der Person im Lied. Nichts IST für dich, vielleicht bezogen auf den Moment, wo die Droge wirkt, weil es nur vorübergehend ist,

"nichts WAR für dich", weil die Person im Lied vielleicht nie viel hatte, deshalb mit den Drogen angefangen hat, um einen Ausweg zu finden.

"Nichts bleibt für dich, für immer", weil wenn die Wirkung der Droge nachlässt, unweigerlich der Absturz folgt, in diesem Fall sogar der Tod, denn "für immer" wird

er nichts mehr haben, also tot sein.

Immer wiederkehrende Themen sind bei Rammstein Gewalt, besonders sexuelle Gewalt, Abhängigkeit, Tod, Nekrophilie, Pädophilie, Kannibalismus...natürlich mit einem kritischen Unterton versehen, der gerade bei

den ersten Alben nicht von allen verstanden wurde, deshalb auch damals immer der Aufstand um Rammstein und deren angebliche Gewaltverherrlichung und NS-Einstellung. (Video mit Leni Riefenstahl Material / Ästhetik).

Nix romantisch und warm und positiv :)

Kann man übrigens gut mit "White Coma" von Marilyn Manson vergleichen, auch ein toller Song über Drogen :)

Sag doch gleich, dass du Deutsch kannst. Mir ist bewusst, dass Rammstein solche Texte hat, aber irgendwie muss ich die Musikrichtung verteidigen. ich woltle nämlich auf den Aspekt der Melodie und Atmosphere Rammsteins hinaus und nicht unbedingt auf die Texte.

Sorry for German ;)

@radi

Echt jetzt? Dann hast du die Texte aber nicht wirklich verstanden. Gerade bei den früheren Alben werden meistens Themen behandelt, die sich um Gewalt drehen. Keine Zeit, das vorzukauen, deshalb mal hier:

http://de.wikipedia....hnsucht_(Album)

Zum Thema Drogen...zieh dir mal den Text von "Adios" rein :)

"Er legt die Nadel auf die Ader

Bittet die Musik herein

Zwischen Hals und Unterarm

Die Melodie fährt leise ins Gebein

Er hat die Augen zugemacht

In seinem Blut tobt eine Schlacht

Ein Heer marschiert durch seinen Darm

Die Eingeweide werden langsam warm"

Da wird beschrieben, wie sich jemand eine Nadel (von einer Spritze) in den Arm setzt, die Droge injiziert (bittet die Musik herein, zwischen Hals und Unterarm), die Droge beginnt zu wirken

(Melodie fährt leise ins Gebein), dann voll einschlägt (tobt eine Schlacht, wird warm).

Zweiter Teil des Lieds:

"Er nimmt die Nadel von der Ader

Die Melodie fährt aus der Haut

Geigen brennen mit Gekreisch

Harfen schneiden sich ins Fleisch

Er hat die Augen aufgemacht

Doch er ist nicht aufgewacht"

Nadel wird aus dem Körper gezogen. Dann lässt die Wirkung der Droge nach (Melodie fährt aus der Haut), danach folgt der Absturz (Geigen brennen mit Gekreisch),

das Glücksgefühl der Droge ist vorbei. Als nächstes stirbt die Person, denn "er hat die Augen aufgemacht, doch er ist nicht aufgewacht". Mit weit aufgerissenen Augen

liegt er vermutlich irgendwo, aber die Augen sind leer, die Person ist tot.

Der Refrain

"Nichts ist für dich

Nichts war für dich

Nichts bleibt für dich

Für immer"

zeigt nur das trostlose Leben der Person im Lied. Nichts IST für dich, vielleicht bezogen auf den Moment, wo die Droge wirkt, weil es nur vorübergehend ist,

"nichts WAR für dich", weil die Person im Lied vielleicht nie viel hatte, deshalb mit den Drogen angefangen hat, um einen Ausweg zu finden.

"Nichts bleibt für dich, für immer", weil wenn die Wirkung der Droge nachlässt, unweigerlich der Absturz folgt, in diesem Fall sogar der Tod, denn "für immer" wird

er nichts mehr haben, also tot sein.

Immer wiederkehrende Themen sind bei Rammstein Gewalt, besonders sexuelle Gewalt, Abhängigkeit, Tod, Nekrophilie, Pädophilie, Kannibalismus...natürlich mit einem kritischen Unterton versehen, der gerade bei

den ersten Alben nicht von allen verstanden wurde, deshalb auch damals immer der Aufstand um Rammstein und deren angebliche Gewaltverherrlichung und NS-Einstellung. (Video mit Leni Riefenstahl Material / Ästhetik).

Nix romantisch und warm und positiv :)

Kann man übrigens gut mit "White Coma" von Marilyn Manson vergleichen, auch ein toller Song über Drogen :)

yeah what he said :ph34r:

and i bet he spelt it right to! :lol:

And by the way, the text is not very importatn when the melody and atmosphere are great. so your excuse technosoomy is lame. Because it is the music that makes the music, not the text, only if the text would be extremly violent or racist, but it is not, it is moderate, so it does not put Rammstein music down.

hehe, so funny. I was just trying to read the german and test my german language skills. and I understood most of it! It's pretty similar to dutch actually,. To be honest I don't really see it as Goa Trance. Maybe it's because I'm not totally feeling this Rammstein music. But I have other music styles that basically give me the same feeling as psytrance. So I think this goes for a number of other electronic songs and not just Rammstein. For instance with Tech-House music, I basically receive the same feeling and emotions as with prog trance. It all has to do with the intention of the producer. A number of electronic music are basically designed to make you float away during the song so to say.