Hallucinogen third album

radi6404

i wanted to start a thread about the third hallucinogen album. Does anyone think that it will be released. Honestly i think there wont be a third hallucinogen album. Simon Posford ages and I am wondering how many years he will be producing music anyway. so I do not expect a new hallucinogen album, at least not by Simon Posford. i could imagine he introduces one of his friends into his style of music and he produces one for him, but simon himself wont produce another hallucinogen album. What do you think about it?

The guy may do as he pleases as far as I'm concerned. If he makes another one I'm definitely interested but if he doesn't... I won't mind either. Frankly, all speculation about seasoned veterans of the scene returning with a 100% goa album is becoming become more and more ridiculous considering past experiences. I just don't count on it.

Indeet, we have not seen a lot of the old goa men releasing a true goa album after let's say 2002. the closest to Goa that I have heart after that time is aktually MFG - Message from God. I not very well respected album, but in my opnion it is very good and altough it is a bit closer to full on as we would like it to be the album is very good and there are no real full on elements in it, altough close to full on. The basslines and kickdrum are not full on. This album has melodies and emotions you would only hear in oldschool Goa Trance, newschool Goa Trance is not the same kind of music. so I do not expect simon Posford releasing a new goa album.

well actually I just heard him play live at Lost Theory and it was CRAP!!! The new stuff sounded like some very uninsteresting flat progressive, no melodies whatsoever. Simon P himself seemed bored with it, barely smiled and was happy to get out of there once his set was finished. If he actually releases his new material then most fans will be dissapointed IMO...

that are some bad news, but it is expected and I do not expect any new Hallucinogen album but I had a little hope still, now even that will vanish. It is very dissapointing that even once loyal goa trance lovers have turned into progressive lovers and all they want is progressive trance. And the more I read about old artists being forced to produce stuff like Progressive, the more I think the goa trance scene is dead and that it will never be like it was. there is also little hope that newschool will become what real goa was.

hey man..i think you should think littlebit, before you start write something..

no offense..but whats the matter.. he does a great job with Shpongle..younger brother..benji..etc

IMO he's the true psychadelia master

album will come in right time :D man

this one's kilaa track..

I doubt he'll make a third album, but I do remember he agreed to do one if he got 1000 votes on the poll at the Twisted Records forum, that was a few years ago but feel free to go and vote; the question is whether it is worth him doing one if it's just for popular demand, surely he should follow the artistic direction he feel will fulfill himself and thus result in better music. Having said all this, I voted at the website, I just adore the trance he makes too much :P .

He did this track only a couple of years ago however that gave me some hope of a new album:

Pretty bloody good if you ask me!

The track is very good, it has no sign of newschool Goa trance, nor does it have any full on elements, I like it a lot, very atmospheric and fresh, something that is between Twisted and the Lone Deranger in stuff, well done Mr. Godford. There was another great track by him a few years ago, Strangled cat, I liked that track a lot. That track did not even have one sign of new stuff and you would think you play a track on a pre 2000 cd.

jayex, ofcourse man. His work on the collaborations is very good. the latest shpongle outcome is very good, it is very psychedelic and musically great, however it is not better than the old shpongle stuff, like the second and first shpongle albums.

I have Simon Posford's work in high esteem and respect. I started listening to Goatrance when I heard LSD on the radio. I had exhilarating (drugless) dancefloor experiences during live-acts of his between 96 and 99. I still consider most of his works (both albums, Eclipse compilation, Shpongles, Yeti, etc) as some of the most brillant electronic music ever released...

..BUT...

...I've explained on this board already a couple of times why I believe a third Hallucinogen album will never happen and you should just go and fantasize on music that's actually released. The main reason is the frigthening expectations people put in it. Another public reason is he finds it boring to work alone. And there's this state where you have quit for so long that you don't even know where to start, especially as you've aged and you're less motivated to start over a new leaf. And there's also his own perception on what he does when he tries. And he's human like many others (said politely)...

Astral Projection are no different btw.

I have Simon Posford's work in high esteem and respect. I started listening to Goatrance when I heard LSD on the radio. I had exhilarating (drugless) dancefloor experiences during live-acts of his between 96 and 99. I still consider most of his works (both albums, Eclipse compilation, Shpongles, Yeti, etc) as some of the most brillant electronic music ever released...

..BUT...

...I've explained on this board already a couple of times why I believe a third Hallucinogen album will never happen and you should just go and fantasize on music that's actually released. The main reason is the frigthening expectations people put in it. Another public reason is he finds it boring to work alone. And there's this state where you have quit for so long that you don't even know where to start, especially as you've aged and you're less motivated to start over a new leaf. And there's also his own perception on what he does when he tries. And he's human like many others (said politely)...

Astral Projection are no different btw.

agree completley!

he has nothing else to proove, and with the tracks he has done since with colabs etc, shows still is breaking new ground,

i think mystery of the yeti, has the best moments ever in this genre, especially introducing people to diviners mint with it!

the reactions i have seen doing this with non believers would blow your mind!

Me too. And why not make collaborations with the big ones out there. I think it would be nice.

boring progressive at lost theory you say lemmi?

collaborating progressivley might be all he needs

that would be awsome!

Well most "big ones" in the progressive scene are pretty boring... so not really sure if that is what he needs :P

he wants to make money, which is why he would go to progressive. with the lfew listeners of psychedelic elektronica and the even much less buyers of the tracks he surely does not make enough profit from it. but unfortunately most people would prefer Pitbull over shpongle.

he wants to make money

I don't think so. He NEEDS to make money to keep his label alive (and himself). That's another thing entirely.