Etnica - Still Botta

ollylovesgoa

I have just bought this track for download and listened to it, having searched for some time to find it, resisting the urge to listen to it on youtube in the knowledge that the quality wouldn't do it justice, and I have some burning questions I hope some of you ca answer and some thoughts I hope will spark discussion.

Firstly, this track is sick, it is an absloute blinder, it must be the fastest Etnica track by a country mile, if you are a fan of Etnica (who isn't?) then you need to hear it. It is extremely quick but not in a Pleiadians manner, it remains an Alien Protein track through and through, less layered than I.F.O etc, which brings me to the crux of my point: Why wasn't this track on the CD release, and why is it therefore one of the least heard tracks that Etnica ever did? I'm at a loss, but at least I can enjoy it now, and i'm certainly going to buy Alien Protein on vinyl to hear it on a lovely warm record deck!

There wasnt enough space-time on CD to include it, I think.

Also, given that it wasnt on CD and was only on LP format of Alien Protein it might have been placed as some sort of space filler and thus wasnt advertised and released outside of LP.

Draeke surely will know better.

To me Still Botta sounds more like TJAUBL, than AP. Perhaps of its speed I dont see connection between it and AP.

Should relisten to it since Ive never given it too much of attention given how awesome the AP CD is.

This one sounds like it was made between juggling alchemist and alien protein(partially because of the quality of the song found on youtube >.>). It probably wasn't on the cd because it isn't better than any of the alien protein tracks imo

My personal view: this track is too fast! 158bpm. The fastest goa tracks to sound good and not become silly hardtrance goofers are around 154-155. If I pitch down SB a notch (~3-4%), the song definitely upgrades in quality. The climax of SB is actually one of the special Etnica moments for me.

Why not on cd? Hard to say... I personally think it doesn't fit on AP at all. Yes, I'd also place it on JAUTBL.

I don't like the track that much. there are better Entica tracks. The track sounds nice but the melodies are a bit confusing, because you can't follow them really. Maybe that is on porpuse though, since on metal there are many tracks where you can't really follow the melody. There is an example in Goa trance aswell, A track by the Delta, where you can't really follow the rythm because it is a bit unexpected, but that track is better than this track by Etnica

Going by me memory here... But, I think that the youtube version, together with a few others floating around, are spun wrongly.

I sold my 3xLP quite a while ago, but from I can hear, those melodies sound as they were on speed, if you follow my drift.

A proper rip is much needed here.

The vinyl version of ALIEN PROTEIN is an extremely rare case where not only the LP version has as much tracks as the CD but an extra track! Never heard it but once I read it's 'not good', maybe that meant not at par with the other tracks.

Here's another rare case: http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Truth-Of-Communication/release/48841

Trashish (Remix) not on CD.

Great to hear some more information on this obscure track, and some more opinions. I can understand why some people find its speed a little jarring, it is extremely quick, but personally I love the intensity. As far as it being more suited to Juggling Alchemists than Alien Protein, I can see why people are swaying this way but I do disagree on the grounds of the melody work being more discordant and sci-fi, as opposed to the melodies of Juggling Alchemists which i've always found more uplifting and accessible, as well as simple (not in a bad way, I love Juggling Alchemists). The track also develops differently, going through many changes similiar to the other tracks on Alien Protein, exposing a multitude of effect compositions and melodies, whereas the tracks on Juggling Alchemists develop slowly and gradually.

Stylistically I would put it between the two albums, but closer to Alien Protein, but it really is an oddity, considering that the EP tracks released between the two are nothing like it.

When all's said and done I guess I'm just happy that i've found a new track from my favourite group in the peak of their years of creative output.

Super track surely. If you pitch it down a little, you get a track in the range of Acid Shell and Fractal Gate.

Alien Protein CD is 68 minutes, it would fit on a CD now, but I'm not sure it was easy to press >74min CDs back in 1996.

Ukiro or Draeke must know the story behind it, I don't remember.

Search for "etnica--alien_protein_(br014)_lp_bonus-vinyl-1996-dl" on the Internet. I hate promoting piracy but that's probably the only way to find it in good quality.

Alien Protein CD is 68 minutes, it would fit on a CD now, but I'm not sure it was easy to press >74min CDs back in 1996.

I'm very surprised to hear this from you, mars. Quite most of the true goa albums/compilations from that era are longer than that.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Rave-II-Strictly-Hardcore/release/212517 Released in 1992 and is 80:02 long (i have it)

I'm very surprised to hear this from you, mars. Quite most of the true goa albums/compilations from that era are longer than that.

http://www.discogs.c.../release/212517 Released in 1992 and is 80:02 long (i have it)

he said it wasn't easy, as not all pressing plants had the technology and cdr's (much more expensive then to press) at the time to do longer cd's and quite often they had errors, i to have alot of metal cd's and techno longer and some do have errors

A schoolmate had the vinyl version of ap and copied this track on a tape for me. What an alien track! After a while i bought the cd, i felt sad it wasn't included in.

Inpsyde Media reissue was a good chance to include it. Too bad... it would be a good reason for obtaining this version.

But maybe draeke can include it on the forthcoming double cd...

A schoolmate had the vinyl version of ap and copied this track on a tape for me. What an alien track! After a while i bought the cd, i felt sad it wasn't included in.

Inpsyde Media reissue was a good chance to include it. Too bad... it would be a good reason for obtaining this version.

But maybe draeke can include it on the forthcoming double cd...

i think u may be in luck there!