Cabin in the Woods

juril

Wow. Without a doubt my favorite movie of 2012 (so far, though I don't see anything on the horizon topping it). I had high expectations, really really high, especially since most recent horror movies have been rubbish, but they were exceeded buy a mile. However, I wouldn't say it was scary or frightening, yet I would say it was awesome. Highly recommended. Do yourself a favor and don't watch the trailer or read a review etc. Just go see it.

• 1 month later...

Update: Finally saw it. Entertaining but when it came to Cabin/Woods horror... no where near EVIL DEAD 1+2. The ending however was unexpectedly over-the-top and imaginative. I rather liked it. I also liked the clever twist in the end that changes the entire perspective of the film that many people missed . You can read about this at Wikipedia for the film. I won't spoil it here!

If I were to pick ONE modern horror film anyway, it would be Martyrs. Do not go by the mixed reviews. See it and decide for yourself what you think.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/martyrs/

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say it was the best movie of 2012 but it certainly is good for a laugh ;) It's basically The Hunger Games meets (insert your favorite teen slasher movie here). So it's a collection of stereotypes BUT mixing them in this particular way is actually quite original and funny (in case you didn't notice, this is a horror movie PARODY, not an actual horror movie...)

And this scene alone is worth watching the movie, I couldn't stop laughing LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh_egAtZQLs