Ozora 2012 raided by 500 cops

prog4all

I read this on another forum and I thought I would spread the word. After al this does concern all of us.

http://centraleasteu...om/blog/?p=3365

http://translate.goo...dorseg_ozorara/

Ace Ventura - Mushroom Magazine

"***NEWS FLASH FROM OZORA*** - Lots of people have been asking about rumors about police and such. So... around 14:00 a few hundreds of cops indeed raided the festival. Not a pretty sight to see all these uniforms in such a place of complete freedom, but the orginisers were quick enough to give a heads up in the mic and warn everyone. I assume there were some arrests around the festival, but THE MUSIC DIDN'T STOP and is still going on. In fact EVERYONE escaped to the dancefloor and danced the shit out of themselves, and the atmosphere on the floor was UNBELEIVABLE, truly amazing. And... because of this situation, after my live set, Liquid Ace got to play double the time and a massive 3 hour set. it was off the fuckin' hook ! So the party is going on in full power...and paradise is still here."

Mushroom Magazine:

'There was a massive police raid at O.Z.O.R.A. Festival today. People were bounded with cable ties.

The drug laws in Hungary have changed since beginning of this year: "The law determines that a "personal quantity" is defined as 1 gram of active substance (i.e. THC), therefore this equates to 12-100 grams of marijuana if calculated that marijuana contains 1-8% THC per unit mass. Possession of larger amounts can lead to a 5-10 year prison sentence." (Wikipedia)'

Picture: http://i48.tinypic.com/iw0sbs.jpg

Sad to hear! I was afraid something like this would happen after they got that extreme right wing party in power :( populist governments are the cons of democracy... but what to do?!?!? :(

Enjoy music with clear mind. It is very bad what happend on fest but people that come with idea to be deadly stoned or on some acid trip, should not come. I don't support drugs, maybe i hate them?

I was never stoned or drunk on party, specialy not on goa/psy parties. I don't even drink...

I am sorry for party people but for dealers not, they deserved it.

Maybe i am wrong but thats my statement because i have my own reasons why i dont like alchohol and hate drugs (not religious for sure) :)

PS. I didn't want to insult anyone.

hi imba, to each his own and respect to (nearly) all opinions, but drugs (and especially psychedelic drugs) are one way to break down barriers and egos - beside a lot of other ways of course. and what is psychedelic trance culture if not a gathering of boundless freedom - freedom to express, freedom to party, freedom to participate and freedom to take whatever you want! i'm pretty sure that parties like the ozora are meant to be a place to experiment, with yourself, with others, with or without certain substances. to reach different levels of communication and interaction than in everyday life - to encourage respect and tolerance!

that means that a raid like at the ozora is not simply the attempt to sort out some criminal drug dealers, to sort out the bad from the good! i see it more like an attack on psychedelic subversive culture in general, to criminalise a whole scene and to spread bad news about the scene. and that it happened to one of the most beautiful parties is such an unbelievable shame - nice to hear that the party pulled out so much power out of the raid - viva the now-more-than-ever-attitude!!

wish i could be there :)

Yes Blubber, I agree with you. It is up to everyone to decide what they want to do at a party. As long as they do it responsibly and look out for one another. It's not like Ozora is known for a place were people beat the shit out of each other. The opposite actually, so police should stay away and focus on real crimes.

Btw Drosophila, I didn't know it was from extreme right organization now? That is pretty crazy, since it's a psytrance festival. So sad to hear that and I don't know why so less people know about this. At some party's in my country I have spoken to people who went to Ozora and they said that over the years it has only gotten worse. I always wanted to go one day but I think I will go for a different psytrance festival now.

Sad to hear! I was afraid something like this would happen after they got that extreme right wing party in power :( populist governments are the cons of democracy... but what to do?!?!? :(

Just to make things clear a bit. Yeah, the current ruling party (FIDESZ) here is a right wing one but it is not a far-right or extreme one! They used to be a liberal, democratic party at the time of the regime change but now they are part of the national conservative branch. Yes, they are a populist party (which is one of the main reasons I despise them) and they have been widely criticized for the numerous laws they passed in order to gain more power and create a highly centralized government since they won the last election. To tell you the truth, I'm also worried about its anti-democratic tendencies as lots of fellow Hungarians do but I would not call them an extreme political power. It is true that we have a radical nationalist party (Jobbik) having the third largest following, which is a shame, I don't like it either. But they are not a governing party. At least not yet and I hope it stays like that. Unfortunatelly, our political powers seem to have the tendency to fuck up things majorly even to discredit themselves big time and FIDESZ is not an exception (as in most post-Soviet countries, corruption has always been a relevant issue here).

This year I chose not to attend the festival (the main reason being: I didn' t like the line-up the new organizers had come up with). I had a wonderful time last year, and I'm very glad that, as things seem right now, I was part of the last Ozora experience. According to the last news: there is a chance that the local authorities may cancel the festival. Of course I don't know anything sure about the future of the festival, all I know is that the raid got a pretty nice mainstream media coverage. At this point the news is that the raid was because of a right-wing television station's denouncement, a TV channel which is considered to be the mouthpiece of Fidesz.

There is not much optimism here about the party scene in general. There were a tragedy at a party lately (three young girls died in a mass-panic), which was blown-up by the media (and led to generalizations of course) and served as a great excuse to come at parties with full force of the law. So we'll se what will happen...

1) I have a friend, who can't remember what he did yesterday. He is only 33, he says his brain must look like a piece of cheese, so many X he took. He is in a imbecile state of mind now.

2) I went to a festival once, two guys went to a nearby river to take X. The stronger one raped the younger one, he was only 16, he was with his girlfriend.

I am totally against any kind of drugs, don't know what cocaine looks like, never had an X on my hands. As much as I love trance, I hate the idiots taking drugs in parties and festivals. Do this at home.

"two guys raped a girl at a goa festival" - this is the kind of generalization which is so true about goa-party-goers, drug-consuments, about the festivals, about all involved. stop praising the parties, the music, their influence. hail raids, hail the police, hail the caretakers !! they know what's right and wrong.

cheers and good night

I am totally against any kind of drugs, don't know what cocaine looks like, never had an X on my hands. As much as I love trance, I hate the idiots taking drugs in parties and festivals. Do this at home.

I am glad to hear something like this.

PS. I don't care if someone want do drugs but as you say they should do at home.

When i played at Shishu last month, there was another illegal party same day at another place... and some portugese dj/artist overdosed and die... thats so wrong. He came to far away to play music and enjoy support from dancers...

I can't believe they did that at Ozora. I thought the usa was bad....

Like it or not drugs are a part psychedelic culture(and outsiders will always assume). As someone who has experimented and researched everything i've tried, I do believe that some drugs are good and others are bad. x is among the worst...

When some people can not handle there self on drugs, see a terrible accident with someone having a overdose, have bad experiences with certain drugs, they intend to have an opinion about all the people who take drugs and what they should do. Also they seem to compare one drug to another. This is not good, cocaine is totally different then LSD. And mushrooms are something different then heroine. We have to draw the line between these type of drugs. When we don't, more of these raids will only continue. It won't get less that way.

Btw.

I have seen some guys fighting with each other, they were on alcohol.

I have read about a guy raping a girl, he was drunk.

I have read about a boy getting killed in a car accident, the driver was drunk.

I have seen hooligans fight against the police, they were drunk.

^ Not to mention that all those things happen with people who are stone-cold sober.

Yes, exactly.

More news I read was that a hungarian TV reporter made a video with a secret camera about people selling drugs and the police responded to this. Also I read that theres a chance the festival will get canceled next year. Just spreading the word.

Look at the video here: http://mno.hu/ahirtv...-ozorat-1098307

"This is an action was preceded by several months of operational intelligence. The action against the person, a total of 304 measures, 41 production was due to reasonable suspicion that a crime "- Garamvölgyi Laszlo said.

Telling the withdrawal

Sárbogárd police captain of the National Police immediately suspended, and it is also investigating whether the site could provide uniforms to the drugs. Central Europe on the Internet anyway safest drogpartijaként announced by the organizers of the festival, which will take place in 13 years.

"In such matters, then something happens, if it becomes aware of the National Police Headquarters.Entirely legitimate, if the local police organizations become aware of such an offense, you should have to act. Talkative, is not it, in today's withdrawal is "- said Laszlo Garamvölgyi.

The seized drugs are still under investigation. So far, 2.5 kilograms of marijuana, mescaline 25 package, 40 ecstasy pills, 50 grams of cannabis resin, five grams of cocaine have been identified, but the number is not yet final. The six-site drug detection dogs have been deployed, but the animals had to be replaced every 10 minutes, because such a large amount of agent is not met."

@goodthings: people are free to think that drugs are a essential part of their personality. I think people who have to use drugs to discover themselves are empty bags, that have to get full of smoke or substances to feel some sort of acomplishment. But my opinion does not mind, each to its own. What really matters is that drugs are main reason parties are being cancelled or prohibited, after millions of money are invested by organizers. Killing artists' investiments and the whole scene, as side effect. Here in Brazil, which is as tolerant country towards drugs, there are states that have prohibited open air parties. Near my hometown, two cities have already passed laws prohibiting psychedelic parties, my city is in the process of banning parties. Main reason is not violence itself, but the always present drugs.

Wanna take drugs? Take it at home, it's your place, your money. That's my policy as an organizer.

@goodthings: people are free to think that drugs are a essential part of their personality. I think people who have to use drugs to discover themselves are empty bags, that have to get full of smoke or substances to feel some sort of acomplishment. But my opinion does not mind, each to its own. What really matters is that drugs are main reason parties are being cancelled or prohibited, after millions of money are invested by organizers. Killing artists' investiments and the whole scene, as side effect. Here in Brazil, which is as tolerant country towards drugs, there are states that have prohibited open air parties. Near my hometown, two cities have already passed laws prohibiting psychedelic parties, my city is in the process of banning parties. Main reason is not violence itself, but the always present drugs.

Wanna take drugs? Take it at home, it's your place, your money. That's my policy as an organizer.

so when you say drugs you mean no alcohol? no cannabis?

@Monahium: don't get me wrong. Alcohool is as prejudicial as illegal drugs, more perhaps. Cannabis should be legallized, at least for medicinal use. Problem is that marijuana is the door to stronger drugs, heroin for instance, that cause no benefit at all.

So, IMO: alcohool is a drug and should be treated as such. Cannabis should be legallized. Though I don't know what is worse, a drunk guy or a stoned guy.

This thread is getting a HEAP of views so I thought I'd make it more useful than it currently is(a springboard for one person's opinion on drug use) and post the link to the recent campaign concerning Ektoplazm's upgrade and pledge for donations in support of this outcome. Ektoplazm is a free music distribution and presentation portal for independent artists and labels that has been doing great things for the Psychedelic Trance World for a number of years now.

Here is information about what is trying to be achieved:

http://www.indiegogo...azm-2012?c=home

If you feel like this is something that interests you and is worth supporting then please do so. There is a window of 5 days remaining for them to reach the donation deadline. $20,000 has been donated thus far and only another $5,000 is needed to reach the goal of $25,000. If this total is not reached then all money that has been donated goes back to the donaters and the upgrade plan will not go ahead.

If you haven't already been there in the past, here is the original Ektoplazm site where you can download shitloads of free GOA and Psytrance music to add to your collection:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/

http://www.ektoplazm.com/blog/a-beginners-guide-to-ektoplazm

I have no vested interest or involvement in this mission of Ektoplazm other than the fact that I have downloaded large ammounts of FREE high-quality new and old music from the site in the past. I also really like to see independent artists being supported FOR FREE as this helps to inject freshness and freedom into the genre.

I'm aware that this post is very off-topic, but the drug-debate has been done time and time again. Mods if you could please ignore for approx 5 days that'd be appreciated.

Thanks

Please carry on with the thread.....

@JonCrow: I can't speak for the other mods, but I don't have a problem with threadjacking for Ektoplazm's cause.

@Procyon: I don't buy the idea that cannabis is a gateway drug. It's true that the overwhelming majority of people who do heroin will have done cannabis first, but that's just because cannabis is much easier to come by and less dangerous - it's difficult to imagine there are many people who have been presented with the opportunity to do heroin who weren't presented with the opportunity to do weed first, and difficult to imagine why they wouldn't have taken that opportunity. Whether cannabis is legal or not has little bearing on this: as long as heroin stays legal, the only cannabis users who will go on to use heroin are those who don't mind breaking the law, and those people are going to be cannabis users whether it's legal or not.

The fact is, most people who try cannabis will not go on to try heroin. I believe this is especially true in the psy scene, where the people who take drugs are relatively clued up about what they're getting into, and take drugs for recreation rather than out of desperation; I for one have never been offered or seen people doing heroin at any of the places I've been where psychedelics are sold openly. Perhaps it's different where you are, but over here there's not much intersection between users of things like acid and mushrooms and users of things like heroin (though I'm sure that both groups smoke weed too, for the reason I've already mentioned).

Oh no...

A mate of mine, who went home from Ozora already before the weekend, told me how awesome it was ... and interestingly he stressed out the total absence of cops in his narrations.

turns out they were not absent - just preparing.

He was damn lucky to get out of there -- actually it must have been quite soon before the cops pulled in...

I'm actually really happy now that I didn't go.

It's sad for the festival and an awful experience for the visitors when the cops come :(

I mean, not even if you aren't involved in the drug stuff at all, it destroys the vibe totally.

But it also might mean that next year the likelihood is higher that they won't come ... which makes me think that I might go next year :P

I've never been to a big psy festival before, only "regular" parties with max 1000 people or so. I have to admit that I never saw drugs being sold as openly as in the video above.

What can I say? Imo, people have the right to waste themselves in every way they want to, be it legal (alcohol, nicotine, prescripted drugs, fat, sugar etc.) or illegal (THC, LSD, whatever).

No one will take that away from mankind. Alcohol was prohibited in several countries at several points in history...to no effect. In Russia, when measures were taken to make alcohol

more expensive and thus harder to afford for the millions of addicts, people started to distill it themselves, resulting in even worse numbers, because the cheap self-distilled stuff

was full of other toxins. Alcohol is legal in most countries.

Nicotine is a strong neural toxin and in the history of mankind, I think it's safe to say that billions have been addicted to it and still are. It's legal, and usually governments earn a lot of money

out of that addiction by imposing taxes on it (as with alcohol).

Sugar, fat, etc...millions, if not billions, of people all around the world become sick because of unbalanced diets, causing enormous problems especially in developed countries (I'm well aware

of the _real_ problems of people starving in undeveloped, poor countries, but let me make my point).

What I'm trying to say is, that people choose to harm themselves and others, physically, mentally, all the time. No government, no law, nothing will take that away from people.

So, some addictive drugs are legal, others not. Personally, I never understood why nicotine is legal, seeing all those terrible consequences of people smoking throughout the world.

I never understood why people drank alcohol, until the first time I actually liked the taste of beer and whiskey. Although I know that alcohol can be a terrible drug and I witnessed lots

of bad things happen through people being drunk, myself included (lots of awesome things as well), I still choose to drink beer and I wouldn't want anyone to prohibit me from drinking

a sundowner with some friends on my porch.

Who am I then to judge other people for eating shrooms at a music festival? Is a niche festival with some people running around with hand-painted signs and selling illegal drugs really worse than

multi-billion dollar ad campaings for our legal drugs, fast-food shit and everything? Personally, I don't think so. But, to each his own.

And as Rotwang mentioned, I think that by far most of all the shit that goes down every day on our planet, happens and is being caused by people who are stone-cold sober...and who are even paid for it

or get elected to do so.

drug usage and drug abuse is for sure a problem on some festivals, especially when it's done in such a obvious way. that's perfect fodder for authorities to raid, to connect the scene with criminal structures and to prohibit future parties. i understand the aversion for drugs since it destroys parties as side effect. but think about the real intentions of police and policies. do you have to make raids like at the ozora to arrest drug dealers, to find out about connections between the scene, the organisers and organised criminality? to catch them in the act? i really doubt that. it ought to be more economic to observe certain people and actions and to grab so-called criminals outside of such festivals. where else do you need hundreds of cops? not to mention that drug dealers could be warned fast enough.

that makes it hard to believe for me, that the only intention of such actions is to strike against criminality, to protect peaceful sober party-people from dangerous drug-sellers and drug-users. i'm pretty sure that the reporting of such events will be mostly used to criminalise a whole scene and to influence public opinion. at least in germany you can study that medial reporting is nearly unexceptional negative and nothing is said about peaceful tolerant counterculture. and it seems that in this hungarian tv report it's not different.

@ion1zed: great post, I strongly agree with most of if. One thing I'd like to add:

Nicotine is a strong neural toxin and in the history of mankind, I think it's safe to say that billions have been addicted to it and still are. It's legal, and usually governments earn a lot of money

out of that addiction by imposing taxes on it (as with alcohol).

True, but it's not clear that having nicotine be legal results in a net financial gain for governments - e.g. here in the UK the National Health Service spends a huge amount of money treating people who have smoking-related illnesses.

I honestly don't know whether I think smoking should be legal or not.