Let's talk about Psydub

radi6404

so don't you folks think that Ott is a master? Which tracks of him do you find the best. After hearing a lot of Ott's tracks I must say that Hallucinogen in Dub is not his best stuff and he has much better tracks. My favourites for now are

Rogue Bagel

Rufkcopter

Smoked Glass and Chrome

Cley Hill

Escape from Tube Hell

but there are more. that I like, just those came to my mind. Are there any other artists worth mentioning that produce such kind of dub? I tried shulman but I did not like it at all.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not only want recommendations for other Dub artists, I also wanted to hear what you think about Ott and which are your favourite tracks

radi, I don't know if it's just me, but most of the time you come across as a rather unfriendly being, almost like a spoiled brat. I noticed that behaviour in most of your threads.

Are there any other artists worth mentioning that produce such kind of dub? I tried shulman but I did not like it at all.

So people answered this question by recommending other artists in that vein...exactly what you wanted. Why not thank them for that first?

Then you could have asked for their opinion on Ott's works (again). For example:

"Thanks guys, will check those out. Any opinions on Ott's works?"

Something like that...in Germany we have a saying, "Der Ton macht die Musik!".

Basically it's about HOW you say something and the way you're saying things is a rude way.

radi, I don't know if it's just me, but most of the time you come across as a rather unfriendly being, almost like a spoiled brat. I noticed that behaviour in most of your threads.

So people answered this question by recommending other artists in that vein...exactly what you wanted. Why not thank them for that first?

Then you could have asked for their opinion on Ott's works (again). For example:

Basically it's about HOW you say something and the way you're saying things is a rude way.

Yes, it was incorrect to not thank for the recommendations. but as such a fammous artist I expected people to say which tracks they like and which they don#t like. In the old days of psynews you would see a lot of replies about Ott. so i aktually think that the people arround here are not very interested in talking about the artists as they consider Ott the old stuff that is not worth talking about anymore.

^ Yeah totally. Nobody on Psynews ever discusses old artists, especially an artist who hasn't released an album since way back in 2011 (did recorded music even exist then?).

so i aktually think

You should stop doing that. Nothing good will ever come of it.

Rotwang, your attempts to insult me are not working man. I just wanted to have a discussion or worship about Ott and other dub artists, like psynews had to have every day about this or another artist. There are far less discussions about artists going on here since the new psynews, havn't you noticed? And I don't find it friendly whne people react in such a way on my attempts to just have a bit artist talk like we used to have in the old days.

And I don't find it friendly whne people react in such a way on my attempts to just have a bit artist talk like we used to have in the old days.

Do you think other people find your reactions friendly? Like how you reacted to several people (incl. me) going to the trouble of answering one of your questions by complaining that they hadn't answered the other questions, for example?

Ah come on, by now everyone knows that radi's easily annoyed, just let him. I don't pay attention to it.

As far as OTT's concerned: I LOVE smoked glass and chrome and Queen of All Everything!! Probably two of my favorite chill-out tracks ^^

But indeed, Androcell is quite good too... Especially fond of his Neurosomatic Circuit, it just gets me going every time ^^

Globular is really nice too! Will have to check out the other artists mentioned in this thread as well!

I love psydub ^^

Topic title says it all.

Yep, "let's talk about Ott" would have been more appropriate if that were the OP's intention.

You know, I can't really think of any Ott songs that I really dislike. Usually I just play whatever album and enjoy the ride.

Ott's brilliant of course! Blumenkraft is ace, but my favourite thing he's done or been a part of is the live recordings of In Dub, hearing the energy in the room is so powerful, especially when that first synth from LSD comes on, absolutely iconic. Favourite tune off of Mir is: One Day I Wish to Have This Kind of Time, love the sheer joy of it all, and the Alan Watts sample is nice.

In terms of other Psydub artists, Vlastur is pretty good, check out the album Interaxion Dub.

Nice comments, guys. There was a comparison between shulman and Ott in the old psynews days, how is he in comparison to ott in your opnion? When I checked in youtube some tracks I did not like it a lot, it is far from the Level of Ott's music.

ott is an artist, that stays with your memories. hallucinogen in Dub, Blumenkraft, the other tracks, they are all incredible and very insightfull. you will not forget it when you first listen to Ott, ofcourse other memories matter, I associate memories of great music with girls and vice versa.

And Simon Posford is incredible when it comes to goa and shpongle style.

With Shulman I find his tracks really hit and miss. Some tracks seem very dry, boring, flat, overly manufactured and perhaps pretentious. Others are organic, lively, inspired and play very well. I should really give some examples but I'm not very good at remembering track titles and I'm too lazy to do you a favour by researching it right this moment. IMO it's worth perservering through more of his discography to see if you like any of it because there's some great stuff there.

Radi:

In between your furious masturbation sessions (please see other assorted random radi posts if this reference seems obscure) check out the tracks on these Shulman albums to see if anything is to your liking. Some of his tracks can take a few listens, time and patience to settle in so a quickie youtube session ain't always going to cut it:

Posted Image

Example (make sure to sit through the whole damn thing):

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_X9h6RNuA

Posted Image

Example:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk1cT1JR-Dk

• 1 month later...

+1

There was a comparison between shulman and Ott in the old psynews days,

LOL :) , and how old are you on psynews... nevermind :), you are, who you are, respect ;)

On topic:

Androcell is doing great on my headphones.

Never got into Blumenkraft when it was released, tried many times, don't know,

maybe I was too concentrated on other artist back then, should give it another try...

Did someone mention Bluetech? Love some his or them tracks.

My favorite is still if we use the term psydub.., what a baseline!

Psysex - Survival kit (Koopa Troopa's dub mix)

Never stopped loving it... I hope it stays that way...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbxehcfXEZg