Fast and thight progressive

prog4all

Hey guys, I've been listening to some new progressive stuff lately wich is hard to describe. I would say faster, and thighter then other prog. I am looking for more artist but it's not always easy to find. I already know the Iono, Iboga and Tesseract stuff. Absolutely love these labels but I am also looking for some of this kind:

Optiloop

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmRGfts1Z1g

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yWFHx8qDPU&feature=related

Fasma

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dvZOz4jiZE

Human Element

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7_BEFvdfn8

Midimal

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMNSkq3aIk

This is the type of stuff I'm looking for, thanks already!

Edit: To make things easyer for other people looking for this kind of stuff, here's a list of different artist and labels that fit this description more or less. Some of them I came across, some of them mentioned in this thread. I will keep updating this list now and then. Enjoy!

Labels:

Airglow Records

Blue Tunes Records

Digital Nature Records

Echoes Records

Furthur Progressions

Iboga Records

Iono Music

Plusquam Records

Prog On Syndicate

Sourcecode records

Synergetic Records

Spin Twist Records

Tesseract Studio Records

Tribal Vision Records

Undergroove Music

Uxmal Records

Yellow Sunshine Explosion

Artist:

Ace Ventura

Aerospace

Aho

Aquafeel

Aquaspace

Avshi

Cabal

Cadnium

Day Din

Double Click

Ecliptic

E-Clip

Ectima

Egorythmia

Etic

Fasma

Flegma & Nerso

Funky Dragon

Gaudium

Human Element

Infinity

Inner State

Invisible Reality

Jiser

Krama

Kopel

Klopfgeister

Liftshift

Lish

Liquid Soul

Liquid Space

Loopstep

Lyctum

Ma'co

ManMachine

Middle Mode

Midimal

Mindwave

Motion Drive

Multiphase

Naes

Odiseo

Orison

Osher

Optiloop

Ovnimoon

Progenitor

Protonica

Querox

Relativ

Reverse

Ritmo

Ritree

Rocky

Sideform

Solano

Sonic Entity

Sphera

Static Movement

Suntree

Symbolic

Symphonix

Synesthetic

Time In Motion

Unseen Dimensions

Vaishiyas

Vertical Mode

Vice

Visua

Xshade

Yotopia

Zen Mechanics

Zyce

Hi

Yeah Optiloop are very good, their track on Carrots & Stick 2 has a great drive!

With Iono, Iboga and Tesseract you gather 99% of the good stuff. Check also Yellow Sunshine Explosion (YSE) and Tribal Vision labels.

A very serious newcomer is Lyctum with his album Tales from The Universe on YSE which follows a couple of superb EPs.

Protonica has also very good tracks.

Klopfgeister might also put you in a good mood :)

On the Israeli side are Ritmo, Suntree, Ace Ventura, Rocky etc...

Ah, Meller from Germany also have very good tracks.

If you look back a few more years, I'd advise Native Radio and Tegma's first 2 albums.

Maybe you wanna try the E-Clip album? It's not new but it's fast, melodic and with a driving bassline.

Hi

Yeah Optiloop are very good, their track on Carrots & Stick 2 has a great drive!

With Iono, Iboga and Tesseract you gather 99% of the good stuff. Check also Yellow Sunshine Explosion (YSE) and Tribal Vision labels.

A very serious newcomer is Lyctum with his album Tales from The Universe on YSE which follows a couple of superb EPs.

Protonica has also very good tracks.

Klopfgeister might also put you in a good mood :)

On the Israeli side are Ritmo, Suntree, Ace Ventura, Rocky etc...

Ah, Meller from Germany also have very good tracks.

If you look back a few more years, I'd advise Native Radio and Tegma's first 2 albums.

Thank so much you guys for the suggestions! To be honest I already know most of these artist. I absolutely love Lyctum, I discovered this album not to long ago and its just perfect, such unique style. Protonica I know also but it is exactly what I'm talking about, I'm glad you catch my drift! It's realy hard to describe, but there basslines are just much quicker and more clear then others with very thight effects. Optiloop has this going on all the time, it's so nice. And yes, thats why I like Ritmo, Suntree. Ace Ventura also has this a bit.

I enjoyed Meller, didn't know this one before. Little older but nice! And you are totally right about them labels, they hardly dissapoint me. Didn't know Tribal Vision records but realized they have some good stuff. And also gonna check out more Yellow Sunshine Explosion. Thanks for this!

Maybe you wanna try the E-Clip album? It's not new but it's fast, melodic and with a driving bassline.

E-Clip is fantastic, I listen to a lot of this guy already! I didn't realy mean it had to be new. i more ment that I discovered some music that was new for me. Sorry I know so much of these artist already, I guess I have listened to these labels over and over and know them really well by now. That's why I'm looking for stuff outside my usual range. But E-Clip always dose the job haha.

Btw, the usual stuff I listen to is Motion Drive, Flegma & Nerso, Zyce, Time In Motion, Egorythmia, Sideform, Relativ but mostly from the same labels.

I thought such stuff is Goa Trance, since this is being released on the Yellow sunshine records compilations. It is a good style. I thought progressive trance is trance with supersaw synths and so on, here I am mistaken.

These days the best progressive comes from the balkans :)

Serbia, Belgrade is the way to go!

Much love to these guys: www.tesseractstudio.org

They play this kind of psytrance quite a bit where I live (when they aren't playing 160bpm darkspy :P), I know what you mean when you call it tight, it's kind of slick, great production quality and faster than the Iboga sound (which is more and more moving into Techno, still excellent, but Techno):

Ianuaraia, Zen Mechanics, Motion Drive, Unseen Dimensions, Synesthetic & Dickster are artists that display these types of sounds.

Try the Compilations:

Temple of One (May be slightly too noisy but try it for its speed and clarity), Pathfinder, Plexure-Free Spirit Vol. 4 & The Call of Machitun (Compiled by Ovnimoon, who you may like but is slightly more melodic, not in an Isreali way).

@ ollylovesgoa: Cheers mate, I am glad you understand what I mean! Slick is indeed a good discription and yes, def different then the Iboga sounds. I like this label and some artist on it, but I have more in common with the Iono labels and such. Some of the artists you posted are artist I really love to listen. I am already a big fan of Zen Mechanics, Motion Drive and Unseen Dimensions. Just very unique prog, amazing! Ianuaria is great dark stuff, usually not much in to dark but this is amazing. Dickster I find had some good tracks and Synesthetic I'm gonna check out. Temple Of One is a nice album, in the past I already listened to a lot of Imaginary Sight and it's one of the few darker orientated sounds I like. I just happened to buy the Pathfinder album a little while ago, you have good taste! Also Plexure Free Spirit 4 is not to bad of a album. I am lucky to have seen Ital live 2 times and also Zen Mechanics I have seen 2 times, he happens to be from my country! Also I enjoyed M-Theory, Twenty Eight and Journey. Ovnimoon is indeed more melodic but still awesome prog! Thanks man, really great stuff! :)

@ Padmapani: No problem, I am glad that this thread can help more people. It is good that the best prog is being shared throughout the world. :) Mindwave I already liked, like most of his stuff. Elegy is new to me but not bad at all. A little different then others but I am glad I am also listening to this stuff. Andromeda and Soul kontakt I still have to check out. I don't like to just look up a artist and judge straight away. I have to listen carefully. Thanks for your post man!

multiplex records is a nice netlabel, lots of good stuff, i like cardiaca and forward most

disco hooligans you might also like - free on ektoplazm

before serbians dominated the progressive scene: element and haldolium - actually you find a lot more unique proggy stuff on spirit zone, free form and insolation

two lovely albums: sound field - audio surfin, krama - terra nova

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuHVPVz6WfE

• 2 weeks later...

@ ollylovesgoa: Synesthetic is great, thanks a lot for mentioning. Not one track has disappointed me so far. Especially the 'In to the Vibe' track reminds me a bit of Motion Drive. But still very different, great stuff!

@ Padmapani: Andromeda is pretty nice, like 'The Dreamer' track! Soul Kontakt is not my favorite, but it's definitely ok listening to.

@ Blubber: That video you posted is a killer track, cheers! Krama is good! Haldolium and Element remind me a bit of Atmos. Not really slick prog so to say but I enjoy this also. 'The Crow' from Element is a nice track! Forward is not bad. From what you posted, Cardiaca is my favorite. 'A Very Fine Day' is a lovely track. I am gonna look in to these other pages you gave me, might find some more good prog there also, tnx! :)

hehe, am I glad I made this topic!

• 1 month later...

Blatant self-promotion warning

Just released my new EP on Yellow Sunshine Explosion. I call myself Multiphase, and the title is "The Feeling". It might be kind of the sound you are looking for.

http://www.beatport.com/release/the-feeling/978282

Otherwise I'd like to recommend acts like E-Clip, Zen Mechanics and Liquid Soul.

Blatant self-promotion warning

Just released my new EP on Yellow Sunshine Explosion. I call myself Multiphase, and the title is "The Feeling". It might be kind of the sound you are looking for.

http://www.beatport....-feeling/978282

Otherwise I'd like to recommend acts like E-Clip, Zen Mechanics and Liquid Soul.

Very nice work with this release! Actually I am following you on soundcloud already. Enjoyed a lot of mixes, great track selection. I remember listening to the 'A to Z' ones a bunch.

Some other good artist I came across recently: Osher, Kopel, Yotopia,

This is also the type of progressive I enjoy the most...

Lyctum has brought me already many hours of joy.

Sideform will be something you are looking for.

http://www.last.fm/music/Sideform

AKD is one of my favorites too, you should check this one...

http://www.discogs.com/AKD-ProgressinG/release/1326334

Cheers guys for the posts. ManMachine I heard of, indeed a little more towards full on but good! Also I'm familiar whit Sideform and Lyctum. The Tesseract Studio label gave me a lot of joy! Really great stuff, Lyctum has such an original approach. And AKD is nice also, a lot calmer and very relaxing. I notice in VA's that contains a AKD track, they always start of at the beginning of the compilation. It's a great way to start of an album! :)

Btw, I editted the main post with a lot of different artist and labels.

You know to much my friend :D

Let's think,

Have you tried etic?

Haha this is true, but Etic I didn't try yet! I like this style, the remix for Motion Drive - Dropout I like. Good one. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Aerospace has some good tracks, listened to some good remixes from him so far. Neelix I can't really. It's a bit on the commercial side of things. And a bit of a overkill on clubby voice samples and delays. Cheers man!

Aerospace can be a bit dull after a while imo,

The concept of neelix especially their 2003 release, called resident I think, is very clubby and house tainted...

You should try Orion - Artificial Frequencies from 2003. That's fullon but you'll know why when you hear it (or already checked it)

It has this slower, deeper concept and was pioneer release to my taste back then.

Aerospace can be a bit dull after a while imo,

The concept of neelix especially their 2003 release, called resident I think, is very clubby and house tainted...

You should try Orion - Artificial Frequencies from 2003. That's fullon but you'll know why when you hear it (or already checked it)

It has this slower, deeper concept and was pioneer release to my taste back then.

Yes I couldn't listen to Aerospace for hours. Orion didn't really get me going to be honest. I don't know how to describe it but it's a little bit messy and wild. Not your straight up progressive or full on.

Some stuff that I discovered lately is Vaishiyas, Infinity and Solano. Really enjoying a lot of there tracks!