Ubar Tmar - Ubarpedia - 3CD - Panorama Records

draeke

R-3718780-1343387537-4859.jpeg.jpg

It finally arrived!

And.. well, what is there to say?

This mega triple album fulfill all the excitement and the high expectations I had. It is just about perfect, or more than that!

Disc 1 is a journey through the most epic and famous Ubar Tmar hits, wisely reworked, remastered and somehow remixed for this Encyclopedia of Psychedelic Trance. Many of us are familiar with all of them as they have been heard before, both in his albums and in his numerous YouTube videos (official and uploaded by Ubar himself, have a look on YT!). Personal favorites are Transformer Synthesizer, The Prophecy (awesome eastern melodies!!), 3d Heaven (marvelous), Yellow Yoga (dreamy and passionate) and Cosmo Drome (deeeeeeeep and epic closure to a fantastic CD), but ALL the tracks are execellent. 10/10 without any doubts.

Disc 2 presents new material and what a blast it is!!!

Track 1: the album starts with the phenomenal and unforgettable track that we used to know as RIPMDD but that has now a more appropriate title, Magickal Moments And Deep Light. Truly epic, mind-blowing and generating a spiraling concept into your head.

Track 2, Second track,Takeru, it's an excellent remix of a Juno Reactor track and it is better than the original, surely more psychedelic.

Track 3, Isis, is deep and entrancing, a bit nostalgic with some sad lines: just great.

Track 4, Vitalizer, left me speechless, melodies going crazy, experimental stuff, almost industrial-alike but extremely captivating.

Track 5, Hallelujah, it's a very interesting experiment, as I don't think that we heard that word in any psytrance track before and it has an interesting impact on it, contrasted by the distorted guitar sounds that give to this track something mystical, magical and somehow spiritual.

Track 6, Mah Nishtanah is another typical Ubar track, wild, mystical and very well produced. I don't know the meaning of the title but is great with its vocoder effected spell into the middle of the track, just about right.

Track 7, is Eejyanaika, and I am familiar with this track as it was posted on his soundcloud in various mixes and remixes but this final incarnation is surely the best produced and better sounding version, big thumbs up for the way it was finalized, atmospheric and very good.

Track 8, Ono Love, is a chilled experimental track, very deep and magical, I love every second of it.

All in all, this CD made me SO freaking happy, I really enjoyed this marvelous trip through the cosmic landscapes that Ubar can create. There is nobody that makes music like you do, I am really moved and so happy about this release. 10/10

Disc 3 the space prawn suite! yay... experimental crazy Ubar at its bestttt!

There are intricate complex melodies, strange passages, wicked solutions and definitely an interest in expressing his wildest side. This one has to be heard from start to finish and it is a mental pycho trip, I don't want to describe each track because it is basically one only long track, subdivided in different moments: there is joy, chaos, anger, happiness and all in-within. 10/10 for the crazy ideas and the clever mental atmospheres!

THIS is definitely THE ALBUM of the year, nothing can compare to this and nothing can equal it, sorry, that's just too magical and too perfect in every aspect, it has all you may want from psychedelic goa trance.

BUY IT, I command you, the artwork is just awesome and the whole package seems to be a magical spell book rather than a musical album.

The only side note I can add is that the album is entirely in Japanese and I wish I could read the booklet, but I can't. Hopefully some volunteer will translate it and post it here or somewhere... smile.png

Absolutely. I have so far listened to the first two CD's. CD1 is worth the full price, it's absolutely wicked. The best remix album ever.

CD2 and 3 I have yet to form an opinion on, but seriously, CD1 is completely worth it. Eigou kaiki's new version (it's been 16 years since it was first released.) is insanity.

Draeke seemed to forget a link from where to buy:

http://techno.to/item.php?id=PAN0013&lang=eg

Like I said before in the promotional topic, I am more than willing to translate the booklet if scans somehow come my way ^^ I would buy the album myself - nay, I NEED to buy that piece of art myself, but alas for the moment my cash flow is severely inhibited :(

Like I said before in the promotional topic, I am more than willing to translate the booklet if scans somehow come my way ^^ I would buy the album myself - nay, I NEED to buy that piece of art myself, but alas for the moment my cash flow is severely inhibited :(

I will try to scan the booklet tonight and then send it to you, send me a PM with your direct email, cheers!

EDIT: btw, i think the screams in the insane remix of Eigou Kaiki are probably from Eric Adams (Manowar) which is a very well known singer to me and that has this distinctive eternal scream.. anyone thinks the same?

I will try to scan the booklet tonight and then send it to you, send me a PM with your direct email, cheers!

EDIT: btw, i think the screams in the insane remix of Eigou Kaiki are probably from Eric Adams (Manowar) which is a very well known singer to me and that has this distinctive eternal scream.. anyone thinks the same?

yeah maybe, have to drag out my old vinyls and deer skins and viking helmet, thought sounded familiar

go the scan fed been busting to find out what it sais (thanks i.s)

+1000 on review where did this album come from, just side stepped us all and slapped us in the face

think i have blown another bass speaker in my car, thanks u.t!

• 1 month later...

3500 yen = 34 euro's without the shipping costs is pretty expensive. Does anybody know another site to purchase this cd, better put, does anybody know where I can buy the album at a reasonable price???

Thank you!

@reyu, that is a reasonable price, there is no shop offering for less, that's the right price, you wont ever find it for 10-15 eur, sorry. But it is worth every penny

@reyu, that is a reasonable price, there is no shop offering for less, that's the right price, you wont ever find it for 10-15 eur, sorry. But it is worth every penny

It's still pricy imo. I've heard the first CD on youtube and I love it! So you could be right...being worth every penny. I'm gonna think about it. Thanx for your reply!

The 3rd Cd is definitly the best one! The Space Prawn Suite is magic, a real psycedelic journey! All in all this ubar tmar cd is the best psytrance release since years! Even these remixed "Oldscool" tracks sounds fresh and new and they are 1000 times better then everything what is called "NewScool".

• 5 weeks later...

At first I was not too enthousiastic about CD2 and CD3 but it grew on me pretty quickly. Now I can say Ubarpedia is one of my fav psytrance albums ever released. CD3 is strange, my least favourite here but it has its moments, and works great at night.

CD2 is awesome, track 3 has a great story, sad atmosphere, emotional and unique, track 6 is unique even though the vocals are a bit of a turn-off but still everything else in this track is stunning (the early part of this track sounds a bit like Infected Mushroom, pay attention!).

CD1 is just GREAT. Seriously it is perfect from the beginning to the end, pure melodic and not conventional at all, thats why i love it! This 2012 remix of Cosmo drome is much better than the original and it is in my all-time top 5. Perfect morning trance.

This is hit-or-miss for me - I really like parts of most tracks, but he has a heavy-handed style at times that I don't dig too much - very in-your-face type music - noisy and discordant at times.

My typical experience when listening to one of these tracks is like "Oh yea, that's sounding pretty good... Ok, yea, now this is a pretty killer track.. Wait, hold on, WTF is this crap?? Ok, thank god that passed, sounding pretty cool again... Wait, WTF??" and so on..

I'm liking it much better on headphones - warming up to it over time.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The music can weigh on your intellectual capacities to "process" the music, tires your brain at moments, but that's the whole point ... it's a constant brain excersise... it's not simple fluffy, the compositions are (for me) previously unseen in goatrance... that's why for me, this is what psychedelic music (should be) is all about. It's no chill-out, no. This is not the typical goatrance, it's way too complex for it ... you feel the genius behind it ... IMHO :-) The music gets you ... but he also has many "lighter" melodic tracks:

• 6 months later...

3500 yen = 34 euro's without the shipping costs is pretty expensive. Does anybody know another site to purchase this cd, better put, does anybody know where I can buy the album at a reasonable price???

Thank you!

Considering this epic album has very limited distribution, your best bet would be, sites like Discogs. Its practically not available anywhere.

Some copies still remaining here:

http://www.discogs.com/Ubar-Tmar-Ubarpedia/release/3718780

• 1 month later...

If you are primarily interested in CD1 (or you can't find a reasonably priced copy available for sale) you might consider the 2011 remastered version of the Fusion album as a possible substitute:

http://ubartmar.bandcamp.com/album/fusion-remaster-2011

The remastered Fusion album is not identical to CD1, but it does have versions of 6 of the 8 tracks on CD1 (plus 5 other tracks).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

CD1 is nothing short of a masterpiece. Every track was taken apart and crafted together into one of the best remix albums ever created.

CD2 ended up with a couple of odd selections.

T1 is a crazy awesome stormer, yes, but there was a 2 minute longer version out on his soundcloud. I wish he hadn't cut it because it's indeed so good.

T2 Juno Reactor remix. It's a total winner no doubt but it was already released! It's is extremely good, hell I'll call it a masterpiece, but I wish he had put something new here.

T3 Requires full attention to appreciate it. It can get a little overwhelming with it's odd mix of sounds that creates a crazy haunting atmosphere. I can see people being turned off by it's weird as hell latter segment with those violins screeching behind the 303.

T4 Many heard this before the release and it was even better released. Lovely guitar riff bassline, epic melodies and psychedelic!

T5 This is so damn dark and just weird. It feels like I'm going through hell or something, I can't really even explain it. Super trippy and probably not a good idea to listen to when tripping, you will probably start seeing angels and demons.

T6 This track had different versions in Ubars soundclouds, they were called Shlomit / Shlomit Bona Sukkah and they did not have the vocoder sample. I understand the reason for it's existence (evoking crowd reaction at Israel) but on CD it sounds totally out of place and cheesy. Ruining a fantastic track (for me). I'm glad I can still listen to the non-vocalized version.

T7 Starts great, good old crazy ubar but bringing the Eyjanaika sample looped for such a long period of time on the last fourth of the track really takes away from it. Otherwise the most typical ubar production I think CD2 has.

T8 Great ender I got nothing really about it. Glitchy downtempo ubar with the dark atmosphere.

So there were some issues whilst still retaining that general Ubar quality, but one more thing was I don't like how you go from relative uplifting to total darkness twice in a row here, it's so weird.. then again Ubar was always weird. While all the tracks have great production and ideas behind them, I just expected a little more solid package from CD2. Replacing T2, putting T3 and T5 somewhere together and getting rid of the damn vocoder samples it would have worked so much better for me.

CD3 I don't think I ever fully listened back to back for multitudinous of reasons, which none of is that I don't want to. It's very reminiscent of those experimental Ubar albums like Macrometasomakosmos and Hen, however less glitchy and more goa. It also is dark and super psychedelic, but don't confuse it for darkpsy by any stretch of the imagination. It's basically one track remixed to hell and back 8 times. I think pt2 is my favorite, it goes all out on crazytown. For those interested there is more stuff like that on his bandcamp page for download.

I can be a bit critical at times but I wish we'd have albums like this more often. Really, goa has so much more to offer than what we're used to. This album is super psychedelic without being too dark even(aside from space prawn and those two tracks). It's possible.

ps. anyone reading this who knows japanese and could translate the booklet please pm me

• 3 years later...

One day maybe I will be so lucky to own this original edition *ive thought some times for years*. It looks and reads to represent much what is magical and special with Psychedelic Goatrance (especally the notion of it being Japanese is exotic and weird in its own rights). Even though it's obviously flirting with the occult. Kinda like Dimmu Borgir cover-art... Looking at the images, thinking about it, it feels a bit like being in love, or at least lust - like having an inner craving to satisfy the motion of owning and holding a true gem that forever will be and feel special. To pull it out and stick it in, look at it, feel it, experience it on a truly mystical and magical day&night in your life. From time to time. A gem in the collection much unlike anything else. Representing Psychedelic Goatrance. Unfortunately also the notion of becoming disappointed slips in, is it doubt? I've felt it before, too exited by some old gold (Tea Ching comes to mind:), that I could have prioritized my money differently - that the release is really cool and all but was it actually worth it for me now? A "book" like this https://www.discogs.com/Ubar-Tmar-Ubarpedia/release/3718780 **** And as one can see, it presently comes down to the money. Maybe I'll just keep the notion and save my non existing money for now :wub: Actually, i will get some money on Monday guaranteed........ If someone else haven't bought up the mint cheap versions by then (this post really jinxing my luck), I will buy it. Own it, cherish it. Listen to it, experience it one magical day&night. bOm! ~,~ Much room. 

e. too late I ordered it, wrote the seller I will pay him on monday. £35 sealed, *yey*   

I'm a fan of this stretcher btw. ,) https://ubartmar.bandcamp.com/album/mugen-kun-ep

On 09/11/2012 at 4:26 AM, healium said:

This is hit-or-miss for me - I really like parts of most tracks, but he has a heavy-handed style at times that I don't dig too much - very in-your-face type music - noisy and discordant at times.

My typical experience when listening to one of these tracks is like "Oh yea, that's sounding pretty good... Ok, yea, now this is a pretty killer track.. Wait, hold on, WTF is this crap?? Ok, thank god that passed, sounding pretty cool again... Wait, WTF??" and so on..

I'm liking it much better on headphones - warming up to it over time.

lol, agree. Like IM's mid-works :)  Music inside has much fluff in it's own way also... Like Japanese emoji~music. Some weirdness does it, some gets a tad off.. Trapped in its time. *youtube listens

... a lot of the music like Ubar Tmar is like taking what music was common when it was made etc, and make it twisted into a psytrance experience rather then "normal" music. Lots of this stuff is just prog.nuts xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVHJLV1uAM8&index=2&list=PL313EAAC03642698C 
and here's just to fill up the like-spam, are crazy good nuts music; 
https://soundcloud.com/echovskeybs

https://soundcloud.com/lob-zany-n

https://soundcloud.com/conical-brazers

• 1 year later...
On 4/28/2018 at 11:51 AM, psytones said:

... a lot of the music like Ubar Tmar is like taking what music was common when it was made etc, and make it twisted into a psytrance experience rather then "normal" music. Lots of this stuff is just prog.nuts xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVHJLV1uAM8&index=2&list=PL313EAAC03642698C 

and here's just to fill up the like-spam, are crazy good nuts music; 
https://soundcloud.com/echovskeybs

https://soundcloud.com/lob-zany-n

https://soundcloud.com/conical-brazers

some folks might alread know, that "lob zany" and "conical brazers" projects are works by Vasily (psykovsky).