5. Via Lactea (Astropilot Edit) - AMBIENT INTELLIGENT APPLICATION

6. Port - RABITZA

7. Svoboda - ASTROPILOT

8. Aug - ACCESS TO ARASAKA

9. Disappear - FIELD ROTATION

10. Jewel (Astropilot Edit) - NEXAR

11. A Final Thought - 36

12. A Moment Of Madness - EGUANA

What is that....a hockey skate? Or a bunny ridding a sled?

Sentimony Records is a label that specializes in psy-ambient and downtempo music that is very relaxing. Based in the Ukraine, they are run by Irukanji and NeiRula. This was compiled by Astropilot and he offers 3 remixes and a track of his own. It's a mix of known artists and newbies, but if it's anything like the dreamy cover I'm all in.

Alpae-3717- Lock up your daughters cause here come the Russians! Sergey Yakimov opens things up with a massive soundscape as seen through a huge starship window. The solar atmosphere is well in place as he adds some metallic clanking, but make no mistake, the pads are the star here. With a smooth string and echoing melody we are arriving at our destination.

Cameras De Lamento- Been meaning to check out homie's debut in detail, but life has only allowed me to give it cursory listens. It is right in his wheelhouse with a medieval folk vibe complete with big drums and sad melodies big as the Scottish mountains. If you cannot picture Braveheart in this, you haven't seen enough movies. It never gets dull as it switches direction frequently enough to keep you glued. He's even got some guitar that he somehow manages to make it belong. Super.

Dandelions as Memory- If you follow downtempo music this man needs no introduction. It's the longest track here and quite easy to get lost in. Smooth for sure and would be perfect for a rainy day as the faraway synth undulates over tumbling water and birdsong. Another one that undergoes several changes so take your time and drink it all in.

Out From Little Box (AstroPilot Edit)- Like Dmitry? Well not only did he compile this album, but as I mentioned he delivers a track and three remixes. This is the first remix. Having never heard the original the thing that stands out is the flute which gives it a very Buddhist quality as if I were in Nepal staring at the Himalayas. Goes by quickly even if there ain't much to it.

Via Lactea (AstroPilot Edit)- Remix number two please report for duty. It does a great job bringing smooth, floating pads over a chugging percussive set as if the engine of an old tractor was growling to life. Picture time lapse video of a farmer plowing his fields under an overcast sky. Probably has zero to do with the track, but that's what I'm gettin. Who cares, as long as I enjoy it.

Port- This duo craft a slowly oscillating track that comes in like waves on the shore as thunder crackles and the rain begins to fall. It hums and droplets fall and create ripples in the sea. Where the f*ck is my hammock when I need it.

Svoboda- Glad he decided to add a track of his own. Melancholy piano is just made for a thunderstorm. Not a lot to say about this one.

AUG- Rob Lioy (sole American on this compilation) offers up drifting pads along with great effects. All of this = a track that is delicious to the ears. Short though it may be, it is the perfect bridge to Field Rotation's track.

Disappear- What did I walk into a funeral? Is this where I lean on the casket for a closer look and it falls to the floor, dislodging the body into a compromising position? Cause that would totally happen to me. This is easily the most mellow track on the compilation. Slow beatless ambient that is suited for looking up at the clouds while so incredibly stoned that they couldn't make enough Funions.

Posted Image

"Excuse me young man can you blow me where the pampers is?"

Yeah, that high.

Jewel (AstroPilot Edit)- This is Nazar Nikolaev and as far as I know this is the only track he released under this project. Never heard the original, but Astropilot gives it his third remix. BTW, he also has a project called Crackle Creations which makes IDM according to Discogs. Very soft and sad piano and strings that conjure up images of Rena Jones. The female vocal is nice, but I'm so fixated on the music I have no idea what she said. It picks up a slow beat and then floats away. Soothing.

A Final Thought- Dennis Huddleston from the UK and he has made a short drone track. On it's own I think it would bore me, but in this compilation it fits the pensive mood perfectly.

A Moment of Madness- This is Sergey Severin from Russia, but according to his FB page he spent some time in Kentucky. Ah....I come for the education, but I stay...for the Colonel's secret recipe. I have never heard of this individual, but he has composed a track so full of melancholy and sadness that one cannot help but find time for reflection. Was a loved one lost? Beautiful piano piece that would fit right in as the soundtrack to The Ring. Truly special and my favorite one on here.

I'm going to have to pay closer attention to this label if they keep releasing stuff this good. It is a drifting and floating parade of sorrowful melodies sad atmosphere. Each track would hold up on its own, but together it creates a aural tapestry. Highly recommended.

Beatspace

Psyshop

Saiko Sounds

Goa Store

Juno Download

Mdk